The Student Room Group

Geog2 AQA Geographical Skills 15th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by hpiercey3
Of course I'd love lower.. :smile: Definitely I think the q asking to describe the trend with work I didnt write enough for six marks, but oh well if everything else goes well!

haha same or maybe even an A on both? :wink: What topics did you do? I thought in particular population was fairly straight forward

I think I did ok on that question....I probably messed up on the question about house prices :/ I've probably dropped a few marks there

Hahaha yeah that's what I want. In all my past papers I've been averaging 80% on paper 1 so hopefully, if all is well, I'll get that in the actual one! :smile:
I did rivers, population, coasts and energy you?
Yeah population was pretty straightforward...I think I rushed the 15 marker though (the only one I felt I didn't write enough for!)
Original post by SubwayLover1
Did anyone else find it harder than last years?

Remember perception is often very different from reality. Last year I came out of a different exam, thought I'd smashed it, and got a C.

Came out of another one, thought it was ok (e.g. low B) and got a high A.

So don't worry too much about it.
Original post by azzax
I think I did ok on that question....I probably messed up on the question about house prices :/ I've probably dropped a few marks there

Hahaha yeah that's what I want. In all my past papers I've been averaging 80% on paper 1 so hopefully, if all is well, I'll get that in the actual one! :smile:
I did rivers, population, coasts and energy you?
Yeah population was pretty straightforward...I think I rushed the 15 marker though (the only one I felt I didn't write enough for!)

Ah well as you said were bound to drop marks somewhere! The questions were interesting, not really what I was expecting

Hahaha good luck, hopefully! :wink: Thats a good average, I think on that paper especially it is doable, but I hate how its a minute a mark so much pressure to write fast
Awesome I did rivers, population, coasts and health - which I think is the 15 I messed up on as it was last think I did and might not have made sense :smile: Im sure the examiners knew what I meant... :wink:
Reply 443
Ah well as you said were bound to drop marks somewhere! The questions were interesting, not really what I was expecting

Hahaha good luck, hopefully! :wink: Thats a good average, I think on that paper especially it is doable, but I hate how its a minute a mark so much pressure to write fast
Awesome I did rivers, population, coasts and health - which I think is the 15 I messed up on as it was last think I did and might not have made sense :smile: Im sure the examiners knew what I meant... :wink:

Yeah they were a unique set to say the least!
Thanx and hopefully you'll get A's on both the papers too :biggrin:
Same here...it puts you under soo much pressure!
Hahahah that was me on the population question....I was so pressed for time I literally just wrote it as it came in my head! Sounded like a right mess oh well :P
Original post by azzax
Yeah they were a unique set to say the least!
Thanx and hopefully you'll get A's on both the papers too :biggrin:
Same here...it puts you under soo much pressure!
Hahahah that was me on the population question....I was so pressed for time I literally just wrote it as it came in my head! Sounded like a right mess oh well :P

Haha yeah as soon as I saw that OS map I moved on to the next question, I hate those sort of questions! But my heart lit up at standard deviation so all is good :biggrin:
Thanks I really hope so my teacher has very high expectations... saying I should be deciding on a degree in it ect, "no time like the present" his famous words :wink:
Oooo i think everyone had that one question, and to be fair sometimes those types if answers are the best ones :wink:
Reply 445
Haha yeah as soon as I saw that OS map I moved on to the next question, I hate those sort of questions! But my heart lit up at standard deviation so all is good :biggrin:
Thanks I really hope so my teacher has very high expectations... saying I should be deciding on a degree in it ect, "no time like the present" his famous words :wink:
Oooo i think everyone had that one question, and to be fair sometimes those types if answers are the best ones :wink:

My teacher said maps would come up so I revised them thoroughly :smile:
Hahahah that's good! :smile:
Oooo you have to meet them! :wink: I hate it when people have expectations...I don't have any for myself because others do that for me! lol :P
oh wow that's some teacher you've got there! :redface:
Yeah probably :') Hahahaha hopefully that's true for our answers! :P
Original post by azzax
My teacher said maps would come up so I revised them thoroughly :smile:
Hahahah that's good! :smile:
Oooo you have to meet them! :wink: I hate it when people have expectations...I don't have any for myself because others do that for me! lol :P
oh wow that's some teacher you've got there! :redface:
Yeah probably :':wink: Hahahaha hopefully that's true for our answers! :P

Lucky I was actually expecting Rivers, but was happy to see population :smile: It was bound to come up, seeing as it was last in 2011!
I know (PRESSURE) haha exactly they tell you what you need to be getting and just go with it!
Indeed head of geography and deputy head... all very exciting stuff!
We can only hope lol, but for now anyway im so glad geography is done, can focus on psychology now (yay!) :smile:
Reply 447
Lucky I was actually expecting Rivers, but was happy to see population :smile: It was bound to come up, seeing as it was last in 2011!
I know (PRESSURE) haha exactly they tell you what you need to be getting and just go with it!
Indeed head of geography and deputy head... all very exciting stuff!
We can only hope lol, but for now anyway im so glad geography is done, can focus on psychology now (yay!) :smile:

Yeah that's true....a lot of people wanted population so their wish was granted :smile:
IKR?! They should feel the pressure we feel
Oh hahaha that just makes it 10x worse :redface:
Yeah I'm glad it's out the way! :redface:
Ohh good luck for that! Exams on Monday right?
I only have 3 exams left: 1 history and 2 bio :P
Guys say I got 4 marks below an A for unit 1 but 4 marks above an A in this paper would that get me an A? .....or does it not work that way....sorry for sounding like an absolute idiot lol
Original post by azzax
Yeah that's true....a lot of people wanted population so their wish was granted :smile:
IKR?! They should feel the pressure we feel
Oh hahaha that just makes it 10x worse :redface:
Yeah I'm glad it's out the way! :redface:
Ohh good luck for that! Exams on Monday right?
I only have 3 exams left: 1 history and 2 bio :P

It was haha it is usually easier to write about for the skills paper, not much that can really come up :smile:
I know its not fair, they dont understand the 'torture' we must go through in order to do well... and well he is a good teacher so I guess its a good and bad thing haha
Same some relief (rainfall) haha can relax a bit, and it sure is thanks! Psychology is fun though so all is good :u:
Wow bio no thank you, too difficult! I have 5 :frown: 2x maths, Psychology and 2x Physics
Reply 450
It was haha it is usually easier to write about for the skills paper, not much that can really come up :smile:
I know its not fair, they dont understand the 'torture' we must go through in order to do well... and well he is a good teacher so I guess its a good and bad thing haha
Same some relief (rainfall) haha can relax a bit, and it sure is thanks! Psychology is fun though so all is good :u:
Wow bio no thank you, too difficult! I have 5 :frown: 2x maths, Psychology and 2x Physics

That's true :smile:
Yeah and when you tell them, they just laugh at our misery
Oh lol so he probably prepared you well for the exam and then added extra pressure
hahahah I see what you did there! :P Same I'm taking the day off...will get back to revision tomorrow :smile:
You're welcome! :smile: Hahahah well that's good! :smile: Hopefully you'll ace it! :biggrin:
That's what I say now...I have no clue why I picked it
Maths?! Physics?! Hell no, they are just too hard!
Wow I feel your exam pain! :redface:
Good luck with all of them!!
Original post by azzax
That's true :smile:
Yeah and when you tell them, they just laugh at our misery
Oh lol so he probably prepared you well for the exam and then added extra pressure
hahahah I see what you did there! :P Same I'm taking the day off...will get back to revision tomorrow :smile:
You're welcome! :smile: Hahahah well that's good! :smile: Hopefully you'll ace it! :biggrin:
That's what I say now...I have no clue why I picked it
Maths?! Physics?! Hell no, they are just too hard!
Wow I feel your exam pain! :redface:
Good luck with all of them!!

I know exactly they always have the excuse well we did it now its you turn... worst excuse ever!
Haha he did yeah probably a good technique
I have no idea why I said that was in my mind lol rivers and cliffs blah blah, and well im trying to revise but I keep getting distracted, it is a friday after all :wink:
Thanks yeah I have good feeling for it which is always a positive sign!
Well, who knows why anyone picked anything? Those words of life eh? I wish I didnt do business GCSE, biggest mistake ever!
Maths is yeah but physics isnt actually that bad! Surprising!
Oh well 10 in total, what can you do?

Thanks and you too! Im sure you will be awesomeee :biggrin:
Reply 452
Thought it was okay

But I said that last year and got a U :smile:
Reply 453
I realised that I did the final answer for the standard deviation question wrong, but got the mean and the two boxes correct, will i still get marks for this?
I'm really confused about what 2 mark line drawing question people missed out? I know you had to draw 2 trip lines on the 2 separate maps on the double page thing but I don't understand how people missed them because they were the only thing on that double spread? Unless I missed something else
Original post by thesmallman
Guys say I got 4 marks below an A for unit 1 but 4 marks above an A in this paper would that get me an A? .....or does it not work that way....sorry for sounding like an absolute idiot lol

This paper was worth 30% so no.
Original post by lemxn
Thought it was okay

But I said that last year and got a U :smile:

Did you answer every or almost every question?

Are the answers people have mentioned in here vaguely similar to yours?

If so I'm sure you've passed, if not a high pass! :smile:

In Biology AS I resat a module after originally getting an E. Guess what I got? An A, and a high one at that.
Original post by edwardsheeran
I'm really confused about what 2 mark line drawing question people missed out? I know you had to draw 2 trip lines on the 2 separate maps on the double page thing but I don't understand how people missed them because they were the only thing on that double spread? Unless I missed something else

Maybe their pages got stuck together or they thought the maps were for answering the next question?
Original post by edwardsheeran

Holy **** were they supposed to be on separate maps because I put them both on the left map
Original post by MrKmas508
Holy **** were they supposed to be on separate maps because I put them both on the left map

Haha yeah because one map was work flow from the Heath and other Belle vue...

Quick Reply

Latest