The Student Room Group

AQA AS Level French Unit 1 - 21st May 2015 (AM)

I haven't seen a thread for this yet so I thought I'd post one. (If this has already been made then feel free to delete this!)

Is everyone feeling ready for it? What are you doing to prepare?

I'm half tempted to just learn a few essay phrases and wing the rest of the exam. :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not feeling ready at all! My teacher is so unhelpful so I'm really nervous for the exam, especially since I want to do it at A2
Reply 2
Original post by Nijuuninichi
I haven't seen a thread for this yet so I thought I'd post one. (If this has already been made then feel free to delete this!)

Is everyone feeling ready for it? What are you doing to prepare?

I'm half tempted to just learn a few essay phrases and wing the rest of the exam. :colondollar:

over the year i've made spider diagrams with essay content points for each topic. I'd learn a few topic-specific phrases and vocab and for the rest of it i'd focus on good grammar constructions to use and general phrases and sentence starters
Original post by bethm21
I'm not feeling ready at all! My teacher is so unhelpful so I'm really nervous for the exam, especially since I want to do it at A2

I'm sure you'll do great. :smile: If your nervous, why don't you try working though some past papers so you're familiar with the exam? And if you have any questions I sure we all can help too.

Original post by adalevels
over the year i've made spider diagrams with essay content points for each topic. I'd learn a few topic-specific phrases and vocab and for the rest of it i'd focus on good grammar constructions to use and general phrases and sentence starters

Wow, I really have done nothing to prepare for this exam! I'm defo going to revise my grammar though, I keep getting avoir and aller mixed up in the present subjunctive.

I am praying for one of the essay questions to be on La Publicité! Some people hate it though, je ne comprends pas pourquoi. :P
Reply 4
What are some of you guy's predictions for the essay next week?
Original post by lafleur96
What are some of you guy's predictions for the essay next week?

My teacher predicted that either family, holidays, music or publicity might come up
Have any of you guys done your speaking yet? I was just wondering what cards came up
Reply 7
Original post by ronniem2202
My teacher predicted that either family, holidays, music or publicity might come up

I doubt the holidays will come up because it was on the 2013 exam but I think the publicity has a high chance of coming up!
I doubt the holidays will come up because it was on the 2013 exam but I think the publicity has a high chance of coming up!

I agree, I don't think La Publicité has been an essay question for years. I am so ready for it!
Reply 9
Original post by ronniem2202
Have any of you guys done your speaking yet? I was just wondering what cards came up

On my speaking I talked about an acting company
Original post by Nijuuninichi
I agree, I don't think La Publicité has been an essay question for years. I am so ready for it!

I really hope advert is going to come up as well as an essay question! I only prepared this and music
Original post by Lamatata
I really hope advert is going to come up as well as an essay question! I only prepared this and music

Sport has only come up once? Do you think it might come up? Music was in an exam recently hasn't it?
Did my speaking yesterday. Feeling okay for exam next week, but I'm not that good at essays :frown:
Sport has only come up once? Do you think it might come up? Music was in an exam recently hasn't it?

Yea i reckon sports and family could come up this year
last time music as an essay question was 2011, last year questions were mobile phones, alcohol and friendship
Reply 14
Really want advertising but that was in AQA German yesterday so...
Trying to go over some content but haven't really done any French since my speaking exam :s-smilie:
i literally haven't had time to properly revise French since my speaking exam about a month ago, so I'll just go over my notes the night before I think, i have other exams before French that I have to prioritise. I hope we get advertising too! I spoke about that in my speaking and think I know the topic well
Reply 16
People actually like the advertising subject?:s-smilie: Nobody in my class does, haha!
Original post by a-98
People actually like the advertising subject?:s-smilie: Nobody in my class does, haha!

In my class, everbody apart from me used adverts as nominated topic to avoid it in the conversation part in the oral.
How many and which topics are you guys revising for the writing ?
Original post by a-98

People in my class and even the teachers hate advertising

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending