The Student Room Group

Question for black girls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tarius
I'm not black nor a girl, but they probably don't like you bcoz your racist. Improving that might increase your chances :biggrin:

Except I'm mixed race. Hahaha. Nice try though. And I never said they don't like me I said it's me that is put off by them and the obsession with bling and Fendi bags.
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
Oh ****, was it funny? Cos I didn't even bother to read it :sad:

i looked for a gif that i saw once where it was someone smashing a book in someone elses face shouting READ IT. it would have fit this moment perfectly, o well. its the thought that counts right?
Oh ****, was it funny? Cos I didn't even bother to read it :sad:

Based on a handful of ratchet black girls he's seen on Instagram, he's come to the conclusion that it's practically impossible to find a black girl who isn't a gold digger or money obsessed :laugh:

They do exist OP, we don't all have a wire plugged into us at birth with "Money on my mind" on replay :innocent:
Original post by Anonymous
Firstly can I ask, are you black ? Because your making a lot of presumptions here which you would know to be false if you spent time around them.

It's true that lots of black girls are materialistic as girls in general are very materialistic people. One thing that differentiates white/black girls from their counterparts though is that the culture we have in the west gravitates about money and possesions (whereas asians are all about religion/family), that is our religion so to speak so unfortunately you get lots of materialistic types.

I grew up in East London and i'm not going to lie most of the black girls I encountered inevitably followed stereotypes of being hood girls, but once you get into higher education you'll find the black girls there are much more educated and have way more going for them. I'd imagine the same can be said of work.

Most of what you've said applies to white girls too btw

I'm mixed race and I am primarily attracted to dark skin black girls. However, I am finding most of them have the same attitude towards the world and to life as most hood people do. I want to know where I can find black girls that have other interests other than materialism.
Original post by Smilin’ Knight
i looked for a gif that i saw once where it was someone smashing a book in someone elses face shouting READ IT. it would have fit this moment perfectly, o well. its the thought that counts right?

Oh piss off, I'm not going to bother reading this bull****. :yawn:
I'm mixed race and I am primarily attracted to dark skin black girls. However, I am finding most of them have the same attitude towards the world and to life as most hood people do. I want to know where I can find black girls that have other interests other than materialism.

Don't you have any connections with your black family- you could meet decent black girls from them...

Did you just say dark skinned girls and then say hood people. Lmao being dark skinned does not mean you're from the hood. Sometimes I think people of colour are far more hurtful and ignorant to each other than whites are to people of colour.
Original post by xoflower
Don't you have any connections with your black family- you could meet decent black girls from them...

i dont think you meant it that way but i think you just suggested incest :/
Except I'm mixed race. Hahaha. Nice try though. And I never said they don't like me I said it's me that is put off by them and the obsession with bling and Fendi bags.

It's becoming evident that you simply put white girls on a pedestal and only see flaws in black girls, you see it alot with black guys who have self hatred.

Guys which race raves on about Michael Kors bags, Luis Vitton suitcases, Mayfair clubbing, Gucci heels you get the drift. It's not just black girls, your simply blind to the truth.

If you went to a place with a larger portion of black people such as an island in the caribbean, you'd see they're not all the same.
Are you only interested in a relationship where the guy has money and bling and materialistic possessions? Do other things come into consideration or is it only money and popularity that matter?

The reason why I want to ask only black girls is because I am strongly attracted to a lot of black chicks but I find that when I look at their attitude towards life or their instagram page it's always full of the "money over everything" hip hop/ghetto/ "make it rain" hood stripper motto on life. I used to think like this too but have since moved on mentally, money isn't everything to me.

Overwhelmingly black girls seem to be like this "only thing that matters is money baby". I can never find a black girl with other interests outside of money and buying materialistic things and showing off for popularity, but with white chicks you've got the materialistic ones but you can also find ones that have other interests too, but I can't find no black girls that stand out from the hip hop sorta girls.

Girls are like
apples on trees. The best
ones are at the top of the tree.
The boys don’t want to reach for
the good ones because they are afraid
of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they
just get the rotten apples from the ground
that aren’t as good, but easy. So the apples
at the top think something is wrong with
them, when in reality, they’re amazing.
They just have to wait for the right
boy to come along, the one
who’s brave enough
to climb
all the way
to the top
of the tree.
Original post by Smilin’ Knight
i dont think you meant it that way but i think you just suggested incest :/

NO LOL

His black cousins might know some decent black girls (as most black people are friends with black people)
Original post by thechemistress
Are you kidding me?
'Bling'? For goodness sake, not all black girls are from the ghetto. I'm black and I've never decided to not date a guy because he doesn't have enough 'bling'. That's just ridiculous.
Also, lol, Instagram. I can't take people who use it seriously :lol:
Lots of black girls (MOST black girls) have interests other than money.

Where can I find them then? I'm not saying I look for girls to go out with on Instagram, I mean that pretty much any time you meet someone then you look them up on Instagram or Facebook or whatever you can get an inkling of what they are like and what their mentality is like. I'm not just referring to ratchet hoes either, there are black women on there in full time employment and their tag line is always something like "Get money, money over everything, my daughter is my life" LMAO. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with getting money, I just don't want to go out with someone who thinks with a one track mind all the time.

Imagine the nag too, go broke one week and she's onto the next guy with the bigger chain. I find that white girls don't care that much about money and cars and jewellery, you can find white chicks who like all sorts of stuff...philosophy, films, science, etc etc
Original post by xoflower
NO LOL

His black cousins might know some decent black girls (as most black people are friends with black people)

haha ye i know what you mean, try to find new circles of friends and such

I explained that in the prior post. Go to a good university, mix with affluent circles and you will find top quality black girls.These will probably be materialistic too however.

Alternatively if your into something, simply find a way to meet more people also into it. Like comics ? Go comicon. Like live music ? Go to a festival. There are plenty of different girls out there but you probably live in a hood area, hence you only meet hood black girls.
Did you just say dark skinned girls and then say hood people. Lmao being dark skinned does not mean you're from the hood. Sometimes I think people of colour are far more hurtful and ignorant to each other than whites are to people of colour.

I wasn't implying that being dark skinned means you can only be from the hood. Hahaha. I'm from the hood but I don't think that way anymore like I used to think, for instance I read more than just the Bible and Quran now. Lol I actually read books, but the black girls I'm meeting are still only hood, and they act like a male rapper from the endz would act. I just want her to care more about other stuff than whether her man getting her some huaraches or a Louis purse. For instance with a white girl you can stay in the weekend and just chill with some films and food, but these black girls always gotta be at the damn club!
Reply 35
Are you only interested in a relationship where the guy has money and bling and materialistic possessions? Do other things come into consideration or is it only money and popularity that matter?

The reason why I want to ask only black girls is because I am strongly attracted to a lot of black chicks but I find that when I look at their attitude towards life or their instagram page it's always full of the "money over everything" hip hop/ghetto/ "make it rain" hood stripper motto on life. I used to think like this too but have since moved on mentally, money isn't everything to me.

Overwhelmingly black girls seem to be like this "only thing that matters is money baby". I can never find a black girl with other interests outside of money and buying materialistic things and showing off for popularity, but with white chicks you've got the materialistic ones but you can also find ones that have other interests too, but I can't find no black girls that stand out from the hip hop sorta girls.

How many black girls have you actually met? Because it sounds like you either haven't met many at all, or have met a few who are all from the same area or perhaps the same friendship group.

When it comes down to it, you cannot simply generalise all black girls based on your experience of the few you have met. When you say "their attitude" or "their instagram", as a black girl myself, it's offensive since we are all separate beings. I personally do not want to be classed or grouped anyone; black, white, asian or of any ethnicity whose main goal in life is to be with a rich man and do nothing for myself. Furthermore, the fact that you think all black girls have a "hood stipper motto on life" deeply concerns me since I, as a black girl with aspirations (to become a lawyer if you're interested), have honestly never met a black girl, or any girl for that matter which has "make it rain" attitudes... aside from one girl who says thing like that as a joke. Generally, most girls with such an attitude are joking. You cannot, however, apply one general attitude to all black girls. We are all different.

The majority of us (I say majority because I cannot speak for all and even then, I am generalising) are normal human beings. And if you approached us without these aforementioned views and assumptions of what "black chicks" want in life, you may be surprised. Remember, every person is different. The only thing I have in common with the next black girl is skin colour. And even that is probably a different tone. We have different interests, ideals and upbringings. Just like if I met you, I would not base my opinion of white guys (I'm assuming that's what you are) on only you.

Try to keep that in mind.

FYI, I like jazz, classical music, write acoustic songs with my guitar and generally have a dislike for rap.
Original post by ChickenMadness
innit.

Some of them like big dicks too. :sexface:

word, if u want dat hmu
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Based on a handful of ratchet black girls he's seen on Instagram, he's come to the conclusion that it's practically impossible to find a black girl who isn't a gold digger or money obsessed :laugh:

They do exist OP, we don't all have a wire plugged into us at birth with "Money on my mind" on replay :innocent:

Hi, um. Are you a parking ticket ?
I explained that in the prior post. Go to a good university, mix with affluent circles and you will find top quality black girls.These will probably be materialistic too however.

Alternatively if your into something, simply find a way to meet more people also into it. Like comics ? Go comicon. Like live music ? Go to a festival. There are plenty of different girls out there but you probably live in a hood area, hence you only meet hood black girls.

I know a lot of the local rappers from my area and many of their black female followers are in college, work, or uni and still the same....a diamond bezel watch and a holiday in Marrakech every month is what they want, you can't just go and chill by a lake and kick it like you can with most white girls cause they feel they good for it.

I mean goddamn I have money but it doesn't rule every single aspect of my life and every single thought in my head. Sometimes I just wanna go to the Chinese spot or the chicken shop, why it always gotta be Frankie and Bennys?
Original post by Mannz
FYI, I like jazz, classical music, write acoustic songs with my guitar and generally have a dislike for rap.

ooh get you, fighting all the stereotypes

Quick Reply