The Student Room Group

Question for black girls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by + polarity -
ooh get you, fighting all the stereotypes

Is that sarcasm?
This guy is a troll. Probabkly a black guy or white guy.
ooh get you, fighting all the stereotypes

lol thats what i thought...

i hate when some black people have to highlight how ''different'' they are.

i like rap music and i don't care if anyone judges me for that.
Original post by Anonymous
I know a lot of the local rappers from my area and many of their black female followers are in college, work, or uni and still the same....a diamond bezel watch and a holiday in Marrakech every month is what they want, you can't just go and chill by a lake and kick it like you can with most white girls cause they feel they good for it.

I mean goddamn I have money but it doesn't rule every single aspect of my life and every single thought in my head. Sometimes I just wanna go to the Chinese spot or the chicken shop, why it always gotta be Frankie and Bennys?

I know a lot of the local DJs from my area and many of their white female followers are in college, work, or uni and still the same....a Michael Kors bag and a holiday in Magaluf every month is what they want, you can't just go and chill by a lake and kick it like you can with most white girls cause they feel they good for it.

I mean goddamn I have money but it doesn't rule every single aspect of my life and every single thought in my head. Sometimes I just wanna go to the Chinese spot or the chicken shop, why it always gotta be Clubbing, Pubs or Cheeky Nandos ?

Girls in general are quite generic, as I show above. If you want a girl who is down to earth then your going to have to look harder, doesn't matter what race they are.
Another Friday, another black girl hate thread.

Keep it up TSR.
Reply 45
Original post by xoflower

Seeing as society generally drags typically "black" interests or cultural aspects (unless a white person does it then suddenly it's groundbreaking) it's not surprising that POCs have to vehemently shun stereotypes in order to be taken seriously. Smh, she's just tryna show OP that not all black girls fit the stereotype he's painting.
Original post by Mannz
Is that sarcasm?

yeah, I just don't see what it added to your post tbh

lmao, indeed

Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
Another Friday, another black girl hate thread.

Keep it up TSR.

it's Black Friday :france:
Original post by cat-pook
Seeing as society generally drags typically "black" interests or cultural aspects (unless a white person does it then suddenly it's groundbreaking) it's not surprising that POCs have to vehemently shun stereotypes in order to be taken seriously. Smh, she's just tryna show OP that not all black girls fit the stereotype he's painting.

I realise why she may be doing but she shouldn't have to. We should be proud of our culture, I like rap music so I will say it. People will judge me but thats their problem.

I realise that those are her interests and she can mention it but I just hate when some blacks try to highlight that they are better than the rest of us (not saying that she is)
Original post by cat-pook

is that really the best way? substituting one set of anecdotal evidence for another?
Reply 49

You must think I'm not serious. Shall I link you in on my soundcloud?
Yeah, "I'm different". Not to black people, to people in general. I said I dislike rap, not that I condemn anyone for listening to it. You listen to rap? Good for you.

My point was that all of the things OP said did not relate to me. Don't compare yourself to me. I didn't ask you to.
I realise why she may be doing but she shouldn't have to. We should be proud of our culture, I like rap music so I will say it. People will judge me but thats their problem.

I realise that those are her interests and she can mention it but I just hate when some blacks try to highlight that they are better than the rest of us (not saying that she is)

As much as I agree with the central point of what your saying (that we shouldn't shun ourselves to make white people feel better), I would be lying if I said I embraced rap as part of my culture or anything at all to do with the abhorrent world star hip hop style urbanized black culture you see in the states.

I don't mean to sound self righteous here but I find most mainstream rap these days so incredibly degrading and lacking in any positive attributes, it only reinforces negative stereotypes about ourselves. (I know there are loads of rappers out there who don't follow the norm btw)

We once had so much more self respect as a people (Black community was so tight during and up to the 21st century) and still held on to our culture, we invented Jazz,Reggae,Rock and Hip Hop to vent our frustration but its turned into something completely different to what it once was.
Original post by Mannz
You must think I'm not serious. Shall I link you in on my soundcloud?
Yeah, "I'm different". Not to black people, to people in general. I said I dislike rap, not that I condemn anyone for listening to it. You listen to rap? Good for you.

My point was that all of the things OP said did not relate to me. Don't compare yourself to me. I didn't ask you to.

lol, i dont need your soundcloud.. i believe you. you're not special lol there are SOOOO many blacks that don't like rap music.

You're not different. You're just like everyone else.
Original post by ParadiseFound
As much as I agree with the central point of what your saying (that we shouldn't shun ourselves to make white people feel better), I would be lying if I said I embraced rap as part of my culture or anything at all to do with the abhorrent world star hip hop style urbanized black culture you see in the states.

I don't mean to sound self righteous here but I find most mainstream rap these days so incredibly degrading and lacking in any positive attributes, it only reinforces negative stereotypes about ourselves. (I know there are loads of rappers out there who don't follow the norm btw)

We once had so much more self respect as a people (Black community was so tight during and up to the 21st century) and still held on to our culture, we invented Jazz,Reggae,Rock and Hip Hop to vent our frustration but its turned into something completely different to what it once was.

Who said I listened to mainstream rap music? I listen to old school rap music or rap music that sounds similar. I prefer afrobeats tbh
Reply 53
yeah, I just don't see what it added to your post tbh

lmao, indeed

it's Black Friday :france:

I added it to demonstrate that I don't have a "hip hop/ghetto make it rain" attitude. I'd have thought that was obvious...
Aside from the fact that hip hop doesn't equal ghetto.

Don't really understand why I'm being attacked for my personal interests...
Reply 54
lol, i dont need your soundcloud.. i believe you. you're not special lol there are SOOOO many blacks that don't like rap music.

You're not different. You're just like everyone else.

It was sarcasm.
I am different. Everyone is different. That's the whole point of humanity. I just said I wasn't comparing myself to black people but people in general. Jesus.
Your comments have internalised racist and misogynistic underlings. I am a black female living in south london and I haven't seen girls want a man with money in the ways you are describing. Even so, what's wrong with wanting a guy that is economically stable and able to care for you? Most black people are not rich so all we want is stabilty. It's not the most important thing and also a stereotype with that being said.
Reply 56

You fully implied that that was exactly what I was doing....
https://instagram.com/romytijan/

^^^See this is what most black girls are like these days, all they ever post about is materialism and money and expensive clothes and holidays etc. That's just boring to me. There are hundreds of profiles I could pull up of black girls that are exactly the same.

Now look at the white girls

https://instagram.com/nightofthelivingbeth/

See the difference? Who wants to be with someone who has nothing but high maintenance on their mind 24 hours a day!?
Reply 58

No, I exactly get what you're saying! I'm not black but I'm queer, and there always seems to be an issue of like, stereotypes and people "letting the side out" in our attempts to try and get some ****in equality. I think sometimes people internalise their own oppression - like women who **** on other women in the same way men do - and it can be hard to unlearn behaviour that you've picked up from being surrounded by the oppressive group for your whole life.
Reply 59
Original post by Anonymous
https://instagram.com/romytijan/

^^^See this is what most black girls are like these days, all they ever post about is materialism and money and expensive clothes and holidays etc. That's just boring to me. There are hundreds of profiles I could pull up of black girls that are exactly the same.

Now look at the white girls

https://instagram.com/nightofthelivingbeth/

See the difference? Who wants to be with someone who has nothing but high maintenance on their mind 24 hours a day!?

You're being massively misogynistic and racist, mate. You can't just use some random Instagram accounts to make huge generalisations about groups of people, especially oppressed ones? It doesn't even matter if by some miracle, your racist ass was right and that was what every single black girl on this planet was like. That's not a bad thing. There are a ****tonne of men who fit that same criteria, and a ****tonne of white people too. Why you tryna shame ppl for a certain lifestyle if it doesn't affect you at all? You nitty git.

Quick Reply

Latest