The Student Room Group

Should London underground implement women's only coach?

Scroll to see replies

I'm a feminist but the need for a women's coach is completely unnecessary. I see why people would want one to protect women but it seems very segregated, if anything we need more workers and cameras on the tube to keep an eye for any harassment.
"I will continue arguing on this thread"

Original post by EatAndRevise
Of course not.

Should London Underground implement a men's only coach?

So men won't feel uncomfortable especially during peak hour where everyone squeezes against each other.

Amen to that!
There used to be 'Ladies Only' coaches on British Rail trains until they were withdrawn in 1977 mainly because of contravening gender specific legislation and the introduction of new rolling stock.

It could be argued that women-only coaches makes them easy targets for people with the intent of crime especially at off-peak times and long stretches of track between stations.

It's also not an efficient use of space on an already over-crowded transport system - expect to pay handsomely if the privilege (dream on) is ever extended.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cat-pook
You clearly haven't been sexually harrassed or assaulted then mate.
This isn't a question of women m too dainty to crush in with everyone else, it's a question of crowded public transport being prime pervert hunting grounds.

What more can you do in

the underground? CCTV is everywhere, procedures designed to stop terrorists. I have confidence that if I ever am put in this situation, those held responsible will be brought to justice. Its a problem created by a minority lets not forget
Original post by rtlloyd98

What more can you do in

the underground? CCTV is everywhere, procedures designed to stop terrorists. I have confidence that if I ever am put in this situation, those held responsible will be brought to justice. Its a problem created by a minority lets not forget

Yeah, no. I am a CHILD - a MINOR - and have been groped multiple times, to the point where I've fled the Tube in tears. If I was offered the chance to have a carriage without any men, I'd gladly take it, as I don't feel comfortable around them.
Original post by poohat
(eg) black people commit much, much more crime on average.

Source??? Or just casual prejudice???
Flatly, if the 'mixed sex' coach was full, and there was more room in the womens coach, it'd take a damn site more than some jumped up feminists screeching about a safe space and groping to get me to miss that train.
Reply 168
Why don't people stop groping each other on trains and feeling like they're allowed to touch people inappropriately rather than shoving women onto a train carriage.
Yeah, no. I am a CHILD - a MINOR - and have been groped multiple times, to the point where I've fled the Tube in tears. If I was offered the chance to have a carriage without any men, I'd gladly take it, as I don't feel comfortable around them.

Well if you're a minor and dont feel comfortable around the public on public transport, take an adult with you. Your fears and issues with the public aren't that of the rest of societies, and you shouldn't impose on the rest of London because of your bad experiences.
Treat women as if they're delicate wall flowers? **** no, how sexist.

Just because I'm a man, it doesn't mean that I enjoy someone's (hopefully) flaccid c*ck rubbing-up against my leg.
Original post by Sir Candour
Treat women as if they're delicate wall flowers? **** no, how sexist.

Just because I'm a man, it doesn't mean that I enjoy someone's (hopefully) flaccid c*ck rubbing-up against my leg.

I could change that attitude of yours after a few rounds on the circle line.:wink:
Original post by King Boo
I could change that attitude of yours after a few rounds on the circle line.:wink:

I don't like the feeling of going around in circles with you; do you love me or not?! :ashamed2:

Hehe.

If you don't feel comfortable around men, then you probably shouldn't go out into public.
(edited 8 years ago)
Why don't you all just shut up?
Original post by guirty
Why don't people stop groping each other on trains and feeling like they're allowed to touch people inappropriately rather than shoving women onto a train carriage.

That would be ideal, wouldn't it? Sadly it seems easier said than done.
Original post by guirty

Exactly :facepalm2: "Oh, so I'm just going to take a train car just for me like I'm being quarantined whilst women still continue to get groped because a train car just for me is actually stupid if you think about it. Like we can't all fit in here and even if we could we haven't actually confronted the crime of sexual assault, now have we? But eh. I like that they painted it pink so I'll do it for the Vine."

:colonhash:
Original post by Guills on wheels
"I will continue arguing on this thread"

Original post by Guills on wheels
"balls"

When all fails (mainly when you fail) resort to JPEG and GIFS :yy:

:colonhash:
I think there should pink tubes which is only for women and golden tubes which is only for men. Then a rainbow for tube for the strange people
Original post by DiceTheSlice
I think there should pink tubes which is only for women and golden tubes which is only for men. Then a rainbow for tube for the strange people

So what about strange men and strange women? Do they just straddle a gendered carriage and a rainbow carriage?

I see holes in your plan :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest