The Student Room Group

Female British Muslim AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by doommiinniikky
Do you not think that religious texts should be taken with a pinch of salt regarding cultural things like the roles of each gender. I realise it might be kind of an offensive idea, but as a Christian I have no problem with admitting the the Bible is quite contradictory and probably influence quite heavily by the culture it was written in...

I get what you're saying but the bible was written by mortals compared to (what I believe) the qur'an which is the word of God passed onto us humans for guidance and support etc

If this is offensive to you, I'm sorry but I'm just saying what I believe :/
How religious are you? Ethnic background? :smile:
Original post by ThatGurl
I get what you're saying but the bible was written by mortals compared to (what I believe) the qur'an which is the word of God passed onto us humans for guidance and support etc

If this is offensive to you, I'm sorry but I'm just saying what I believe :/

not at all offensive :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by doommiinniikky
not at all offensive :smile:

aw great :smile:
what type of cheese do you like ?
Reply 25
Original post by cake_lover
How religious are you? Ethnic background? :smile:

I wouldn't say i'm SUPER religious but my faith is strong and I hope that I can get to the stage where I am ALWAYS reading namaaz 5 times a day and fasting all the time (I can't atm because of medical issues) but for now, I'm on my path :smile:

As for my ethnic background well my dad was born in Pakistan and my mother was born in England but her parents were born in Pakistan and I was born in england but I have a pakistani background haha (sorry for that super long and unnecessary description)
Reply 26
Original post by the bear
what type of cheese do you like ?

Mature cheddar. MATURE CHEDDAR ALL THE WAY
Mature cheddar. MATURE CHEDDAR ALL THE WAY

good call :wink:

do you like it with pickle ? :beard:
Original post by A5ko
I hope you're not being serious.

You'd be the first Muslim I've asked to take offence.

This lol

I'm muslim and I only ate it once but unintentionally.
Reply 29
Original post by the bear
good call :wink:

do you like it with pickle ? :beard:

haha um the last time i had pickle i was like 7 and i hated it and ever since then i've never had it with it but i guess i should try it, times have changed haha
Reply 30
Original post by BCMFM16
This lol

I'm muslim and I only ate it once but unintentionally.

lol how does one eat bacon unintentionally?? (not trying to be rude haha)
lol how does one eat bacon unintentionally?? (not trying to be rude haha)

Someone told me it was chicken, it wasn't.
Reply 32
Original post by BCMFM16

riiiiight
I wouldn't say i'm SUPER religious but my faith is strong and I hope that I can get to the stage where I am ALWAYS reading namaaz 5 times a day and fasting all the time (I can't atm because of medical issues) but for now, I'm on my path :smile:

As for my ethnic background well my dad was born in Pakistan and my mother was born in England but her parents were born in Pakistan and I was born in england but I have a pakistani background haha (sorry for that super long and unnecessary description)

That's like a lot of young Muslims I feel. Me personally, I believe in the religion, but I don't really practice it.

Haha fair enough. Mine's more complicated, my grandparent were born in British India (Present day India), my parent were born in the UK but grew up in Pakistan, and me born and grew up in Britain. :tongue:
Original post by BCMFM16

That's pretty messed up. I'd like to hear the story though ... :smile:
What would you consider as husband material :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you ever doubt your religion :hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Original post by cake_lover
That's like a lot of young Muslims I feel. Me personally, I believe in the religion, but I don't really practice it.

Haha fair enough. Mine's more complicated, my grandparent were born in British India (Present day India), my parent were born in the UK but grew up in Pakistan, and me born and grew up in Britain. :tongue:

I think it's because of the whole western culture idk

oh cool, different ethnicities :smile:
I once ate pork by accident as I was only in reception and didn't know! Didn't like it anyway :x
haha um the last time i had pickle i was like 7 and i hated it and ever since then i've never had it with it but i guess i should try it, times have changed haha

the worst substance you can eat is ....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/69/Piccalilli.jpg

it tastes as bad as it looks :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest