The Student Room Group

Geog2 AQA Geographical Skills 15th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by Comeback
Did you answer every or almost every question?

Are the answers people have mentioned in here vaguely similar to yours?

If so I'm sure you've passed, if not a high pass! :smile:

In Biology AS I resat a module after originally getting an E. Guess what I got? An A, and a high one at that.

Yep but I wasted about 2 mins trying to find the settlements on the map and didn't realise it gave us the coordinates and took me a while to find the places on the trip line maps even though they were in big bold writing :redface:

I also got SD wrong because I put 94 but I filled out the table correctly so hopefully I will get marks for that
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 461
Original post by hpiercey3
I know exactly they always have the excuse well we did it now its you turn... worst excuse ever!
Haha he did yeah probably a good technique
I have no idea why I said that was in my mind lol rivers and cliffs blah blah, and well im trying to revise but I keep getting distracted, it is a friday after all :wink:
Thanks yeah I have good feeling for it which is always a positive sign!
Well, who knows why anyone picked anything? Those words of life eh? I wish I didnt do business GCSE, biggest mistake ever!
Maths is yeah but physics isnt actually that bad! Surprising!
Oh well 10 in total, what can you do?

Thanks and you too! Im sure you will be awesomeee :biggrin:

Tat one annoys me so much! That's not even a valid excuse, they shouldn't be allowed to use that!
hahahha and the weathers nice so hard to work :wink: :P
You're welcome and that's good! :biggrin:
Yeah :') why do you say that? Isn't business interesting?
Yeah that is surprising! :redface: You're probably good at it that's why lol :P
Nothing right? :P

You're welcome and thanx! Lets just hope we both get those grades! :biggrin:
Maybe their pages got stuck together or they thought the maps were for answering the next question?

Oh yeah that makes sense! Thanks
First time I think I've ever checked TSR and put almost exactly the same answers as everyone else... :colondollar:
Original post by lemxn
Yep but I wasted about 2 mins trying to find the settlements on the map and didn't realise it gave us the coordinates and took me a while to find the places on the trip line maps even though they were in big bold writing :redface:

I also got SD wrong because I put 94 but I filled out the table correctly so hopefully I will get marks for that

Don't worry, most of the country probably wasted time on that question too.

For the SD question if the last part was the wrong part you'll still get 4 or 5 out of 6 so don't worry! :smile:
Did we have to plot the 2 lines on just the left map or both maps?
Original post by Neutronatic
First time I think I've ever checked TSR and put almost exactly the same answers as everyone else... :colondollar:

Me too!

I have a love/hate relationship with TSR post exams. On one hand I have an obsession with dissecting and predicting my marks. On the other, I almost always get demotivated after reading unofficial markschemes because I never get the points.
Original post by MrKmas508

One on each map? At least that's what I did.
Reply 468

Both because one was on Bomere Heath and the other on Belle Vue and had different patterns
(edited 8 years ago)
did everyone find the 6 marker after the standard deviation, was kinda stumped on that one.
Original post by lemxn
Both because one was on Bomere Heath and the other on Belle Vue and had different patterns

Well that's 1 mark gone... Oh well.
Has anyone done a unofficial mark scheme yet? I'm getting super stressed!
I did the same for the part in bold.

For qualitative I said it is descriptive and referred to terms like 'sub-angular' when categorising sediment roundness.

Thanks for replying. Would the use of maps to investigate the characteristics of the area be considered qualitative data?
Original post by 09ekennedy
It got 90 something for standard deviation

So did i

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 474

Both maps!
Can someone help, the lines we had to draw on the maps? At first i put a long line from both, then realised, 0.5 mm equals 1 person so rubbed it out and done what i believed was the correct length, was that right?
Reply 476
Original post by JgR1997
Can someone help, the lines we had to draw on the maps? At first i put a long line from both, then realised, 0.5 mm equals 1 person so rubbed it out and done what i believed was the correct length, was that right?

Yep, and one of them was 4 which = 2mm and the other was 2 = 1mm I think.
Original post by Blosss
Yep, and one of them was 4 which = 2mm and the other was 2 = 1mm I think.

Thanks! Was it cm or mm? Because i can't remember, mm seems too small for a line haha
Reply 478
Original post by JgR1997
Thanks! Was it cm or mm? Because i can't remember, mm seems too small for a line haha

mm because cm would be too big. Notice how the other lines were pretty small too
Original post by Blosss
mm because cm would be too big. Notice how the other lines were pretty small too

hmm I'm confused, did we have to do a line from the locations to Manchester and Birmingham the same for both, but the width of the line larger to indicate more people going? I think i done it wrong

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending