The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Nadal down a set to Murray on clay. Losing to Murray on clay will be as bad as it can get for Nadal. He is clearly a fading force.
Oh wow, didn't expect this at all - Murray schooling Rafa in a clay final - in Madrid, no less! Even more surprising given Nadal's 2nd set against Tomas Berdych yesterday.

And as for Andy - he's got it on clay definitely now, another great run at the French on the cards...
(edited 8 years ago)
If this Nadal was there from 2005-09, Federer would have won at least 3 French opens. Nada is terrible these days.

As for Murray, he is clearly a force on clay now.
tuned in 10 mins ago duno why but i thought Nadal won the first set and Murray was looking to get to 1-1, until the commentators mentioned Murray was one game away from winning o.o Murray killing Nadal on clay what in the world lol not complaining though :laugh:
Murray winning a Masters on clay ffs. Sort it out Rafa/Next generation/Delpo
RIP Rafa.

Second year in a row he's really lost in Madrid.

Damn shame Murray beat Nikishori.
(edited 8 years ago)
A long road back for Rafa now, has to win in Rome to have any sort of momentum going into RG. Still the favourite in RG over 5 sets but he's got a mountain to climb now that he's 7th in the world
Original post by lizzy95
A long road back for Rafa now, has to win in Rome to have any sort of momentum going into RG. Still the favourite in RG over 5 sets but he's got a mountain to climb now that he's 7th in the world

Djokovic is my favourite for this year's French Open title right now. He's the favourite with the bookmakers too.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
Djokovic is my favourite for this year's French Open title right now. He's the favourite with the bookmakers too.

Only problem is that he's arguably been the favourite since he went on that unbeaten run in 2011 and still he hasn't won RG. I think his form so far this year means he's a deserved favourite but until he loses Rafa is the favourite as year after year he always seems to manage to win. This could be Djokovic's year though but we'll see
Original post by lizzy95
Only problem is that he's arguably been the favourite since he went on that unbeaten run in 2011 and still he hasn't won RG. I think his form so far this year means he's a deserved favourite but until he loses Rafa is the favourite as year after year he always seems to manage to win. This could be Djokovic's year though but we'll see

As long as Nadal is in he has a chance but he's not the favourite if he is not the favourite. The odds do take into account his past achievements (and
Djokovic's past failures). Despite them the bookmakers think Djokovic is the most likely winner and I am in agreement.

I can't wait to see what happens though. Personally I would like it if Murray or Federer were to win.
Original post by awkwardshortguy
As long as Nadal is in he has a chance but he's not the favourite if he is not the favourite. The odds do take into account his past achievements (and
Djokovic's past failures). Despite them the bookmakers think Djokovic is the most likely winner and I am in agreement.

I can't wait to see what happens though. Personally I would like it if Murray or Federer were to win.

I'll personally be stunned if Federer wins RG on the form he's shown this season he'll do well to get to the QF. I think Murray can and should go deep, maybe he can go one better and make a final but depends on the draw he gets
Murray pulls out of Rome, citing exhaustion.
Enjoyed a couple of the matches today. Berd-Fog was very enjoyable and nice to see a Verdasco-esque 2009 performance from Bellucci in the first set too.
Djokovic-Nishikori could be a good one this afternoon, same with Nadal-Wawrinka
Azarenka now ranked 29th (seeded for the FO i think) and plays Sharapova tonight.
Berdych is so lucky with his draws opening up this year. He is 1-9 against the top 10 and despite that he is number 3 in the race.
Original post by The_K1NG
Berdych is so lucky with his draws opening up this year. He is 1-9 against the top 10 and despite that he is number 3 in the race.

Yeah he is lucky, but he's also taking advantage of other players flaws and racking up as many points as he can. Fair play to him really.
Looks like we may be deprived of Fedal again.
Original post by Rakas21
Looks like we may be deprived of Fedal again.

Stunning tiebreak from Stan after going 6-2 down though!
Strategic tank by Ralph to avoid Federer in the semis.

Quick Reply

Latest