The Student Room Group

Gcse PE Edexcel 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by MØRGS
answers for activities for endo/meso/ecto morph?

I put

Meso = 100m Sprint
Endo = Shotputter
Ecto = Long distance runner

What about you?
Reply 81
Original post by Fishmonger-uk
Lool I wrote any obstacles, do u think I would get the mark lol

Loool well technically the beam is sort of an obstacle ! Might have got 1 if examiner thought you were referring to the beam if they're seriously merciful
lmao
Original post by ravilad1999
Does alcohol lower or increase blood pressure?
i think I put increases but could be wrong :/
Reply 83
Original post by 0799NCB
I put

Meso = 100m Sprint
Endo = Shotputter

What about you?

Literally word for word the same as mine!
For the second last wuestion what did you put?
I mentioned every method of training
Reply 85
Original post by butterfly99
It wasn't peptide hormone because they increase red blood cell count and he would take narcotics to mask the pain of the heavy weights.....sorry you got it wrong :colondollar:
Man I crossed narcotics too, EPO makes red blood cells but HGH increases muscle mass - Peptides was actually right! :/
Hello, the answer was Peptide Hormones: There are mentions of it on Page 137, 138 and 190 of the textbook
If you look in the edexcel revision guide, it certainly shows that peptide hormones would be the correct answer because there are 2 types of peptide hormones, yes EPO like most people know which increases the production of RBCs, but there is also a human growth hormone (HGH), which acts in a similar way to anabolic steroids.
Original post by 0799NCB
I put

Meso = 100m Sprint
Endo = Shotputter

What about you?

Wrong, endocare fat ppl like sumo wrestlers
Original post by Alkus16
But another type of peptide hormone is human growth hormone which increases muscle mass so that you can lift more

I put peptide hormones for the same reason. I found the exam alright but struggled on the 6 markers, I couldn't understand what the examiners actually wanted :s
Reply 90
Original post by RiccardoRocco
Wrong, endocare fat ppl like sumo wrestlers

No endo is right because in the revision guide it states when power or extra weight is an advantage and then gives the example of a shot putter
Original post by khebditch233
i think I put increases but could be wrong :/

I put decrease but I'm not too sure either hahah, it was such a hard exam.
What did everyone put as their answers for the questions you can remember? I'd love to find out your grade straight after you've finished instead of waiting until August 😫
Original post by Shk
Hi, everyone i took my PE gcse today and i found it really hard! Did anyone else finder it harder or weirder than usual???

I found it so different to past papers, even the timing! Normally I finish before an hour but this time I was writing to the end. I really didn't like that whole section on initiatives
Original post by RiccardoRocco
For the second last wuestion what did you put?
I mentioned every method of training

I focused on the circuit training and did 3 paragraphs for that then a paragraph on how interval or fartlek may also be used then a conclusion saying which i thought was best
Original post by Katiead
Does anyone know what I would have to get on my theory to get an A if i got 45/50 on my practical/course work?

around 52 marks
Original post by butterfly99
I found it easy too!

We got so lucky with the 6 markers!
on the gymnast question i crossed my first answer out and wrote in the white space next to the photo but indicated with an arrow that that was my answer, im scared that this wont be scanned can someone please help me will they still see my answer???
[QUOTE="t.thompson22;55833963"]We got so lucky with the 6 markers![/QUOTE
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jacob1371
on the gymnast question i crossed my first answer out and wrote in the white space next to the photo but indicated with an arrow that that was my answer, im scared that this wont be scanned can someone please help me will they still see my answer???

As far as I'm aware, there will always be a border around the space that the candidate has to write in. It's that border that's get scanned I believe. So aslong as it was within it, you'll be okay. The examiner has to actually see the image to know what to mark and what not mark. As long as it's clear you will still get the mark.
Hope that helps!

Quick Reply