Wow I bet that cost loads

As a matter of fact it does XD
That's not to say I'm rich though...
Original post by PrimeLime
As a matter of fact it does XD
That's not to say I'm rich though...

You will be if you get a degree at Cambridge
Original post by loinducoeur
Most universities (unless they're Welsh universities) don't accept Welsh Bacc. because they haven't heard of it, and it's just something that applies to Wales.

Actually, the majority of universities (excepting Oxbridge) DO except the Welsh Bac in some form (points/grade/lower entry requirements) and is well known in English and Scottish unis! Some unis, e.g Durham, are quite keen on it as it shows a variety of skills and experiences...
[QUOTE="PiliPala;55835783"]
Original post by loinducoeur
Most universities (unless they're Welsh universities) don't accept Welsh Bacc. because they haven't heard of it, and it's just something that applies to Wales.

Actually, the majority of universities (excepting Oxbridge) DO except the Welsh Bac in some form (points/grade/lower entry requirements) and is well known in English and Scottish unis! Some unis, e.g Durham, are quite keen on it as it shows a variety of skills and experiences...

Oh, no way! Too bad for me then, since I don't do Welsh Bacc. xD But I guess for Mr rump, Welsh Bacc wouldn't be that useful?
Original post by Mr rump
You will be if you get a degree at Cambridge

Not really, pure mathematics doesn't earn nearly enough money! All you can do with it is teach (no way) or do research (this interests me quite a lot). Of course that means I might end up doing a lot more applied modules, just so I can get a job!
In reality the only way you can make loads of money with maths is by being involved in top-level finance or at least statistics of some kind, neither of which I'm keen on. But I want to make a lot of money, so I might end up doing something like stats anyway...
Not really, pure mathematics doesn't earn nearly enough money! All you can do with it is teach (no way) or do research (this interests me quite a lot). Of course that means I might end up doing a lot more applied modules, just so I can get a job!

In reality the only way you can make loads of money with maths is by being involved in top-level finance or at least statistics of some kind, neither of which I'm keen on. But I want to make a lot of money, so I might end up doing something like stats anyway...

Investment banking?
Original post by Mr rump
Investment banking?

Yeah but I don't think it'll be 'mathsy' enough for me. I hate economics but love maths. That's the problem.
Yeah but I don't think it'll be 'mathsy' enough for me. I hate economics but love maths. That's the problem.

Adding up your money? 😂
Original post by Mr rump
Adding up your money? 😂

That's the kind of thing people think when they think about 'needing to be good at maths for finance'... the ignorance...
That's the kind of thing people think when they think about 'needing to be good at maths for finance'... the ignorance...

What?😂
Original post by Mr rump
What?😂

They think that the 'maths' involved in finance is counting money etc.
They think that the 'maths' involved in finance is counting money etc.

No I was in about counting your wages as you would earn a lot of money 😂
Reply 296
7b was differentiation if I recall correctly?
Probably just lose one mark. And using the quadratic formula is fine.

I used the quadratic formula, but I didn't divide the 4 root two, so i'll probably lose 1/2 marks?
On a scale of 0 - Pi would
Would only writing Lim(h-->0) for the first line of First Principals and then just writing '=' loose any marks?
Original post by WhisperingTide
On a scale of 0 - Pi would
Would only writing Lim(h-->0) for the first line of First Principals and then just writing '=' loose any marks?

Yes. You never said what dy/dx is equal to. This is why people need to stop doing questions mechanically...
I don't mean to worry you any more than I already have, but my teacher mentioned once about a candidate who made a similar mistake and lost ALL the marks, with the examiner thinking that the candidate knows nothing about what they are writing.
On the scale I would say tau.
Original post by andyt345
I used the quadratic formula, but I didn't divide the 4 root two, so i'll probably lose 1/2 marks?

Did we do the same paper? I really don't remember question 7 part b involving a quadratic equation. Wasn't it differentiation? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending