The Student Room Group

I don't feel real?

For quite a while now, I've been feeling detached from the world around me. I find it difficult to become emotionally invested in anything. I'm scared all the time. My heart is never not pounding and often i feel so scared i begin to feel sick. I can't bring myself to revise anymore. I feel spaced out and weird and like I'm not really here. I don't know what to do.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think I kinda know what you mean vaguely, like deep down I'm convinced that I'm really just stuck in a coma and I've made this whole world up although logically I know that's just stupid right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by .a.r.j.
I think I kinda know what you mean vaguely, like deep down I'm convinced that I'm really just stuck in a coma and I've made this whole world up although logically I know that's just stupid right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sort of....i can't describe it. I sort of feel out of my body most of the time
Reply 3
omg :sad:

:console:
Reply 4
Original post by Dinaa
omg :sad:

:console:

:frown:
you need some therapy immediately
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
:frown:

Wish I could help :sad:
Reply 7
Original post by shawn_o1
you need some therapy immediately

i'm too scared to tell my parents, which sounds weird, but i am
Reply 8
Original post by Dinaa
Wish I could help :sad:

I'm sorry :frown:
Reply 9
When I was like 10, I used to feel like this all the time while walking around the shopping centre, not sure why though o.o
Google disassociation sounds like that caused by anxiety. I advise you to talk to someone and try to get help from a professional x
You should see someone tbh. Are you in school or uni? I know at Uni they provide some counselling (Well mine do).

Hope you feel better soon :console:
Reply 12

No no, I'm so sorry :frown:

You can PM me if you like. I know you're anonymous, but it's ok you can trust me.

Here if you need me :jumphug:
You sound like you have depersonalisation disorder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization

And you may also be experiencing the closely related condition of derealisation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derealization

Learning about the conditions is the first step to solving them.
Reply 14

Also, from what you have said, I do know how you feel- trust me.
Original post by cake_lover
You should see someone tbh. Are you in school or uni? I know at Uni they provide some counselling (Well mine do).

Hope you feel better soon :console:

I'm at school, in year 11

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Kieraeirian
Google disassociation sounds like that caused by anxiety. I advise you to talk to someone and try to get help from a professional x

I've suspected for a long time that i may have anxiety, but i don't want to self-diagnose myself :frown: but thank you x
Original post by Dinaa
Also, from what you have said, I do know how you feel- trust me.

Thank you for being so lovely, i will PM you if i ever pluck up the courage to come off anon and really want to talk to somebody (: and if you know how i feel, then i hope you feel better too:frown:
Reply 18
Thank you for being so lovely, i will PM you if i ever pluck up the courage to come off anon and really want to talk to somebody (: and if you know how i feel, then i hope you feel better too:frown:

I am better now and I'd love to help. I had no one, no friends, no nothing. I wish I had someone, just someone to talk to.

Please do, and no worries :lovehug:

You have the courage, you don't need the viel of anonimity to feel accepted.

Realisticly, whats the worst that can happen? Some one in the virtual world will know you have problems which everyone encounters?

I know how you feel, if you need help you can also PM me.

Quick Reply

Latest