The Student Room Group

How did your exam go?? The epic 2015 GCSE exam discussion thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lauren-x-
I got frustrated too -where were the maths questions??! I didn't understand some of the shorter questions and what they were getting at and I hated the 5 mark question. Definitely lost at least 6 marks (I know for sure), probably many more too haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be lucky if I've scraped a B. /:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 401
Original post by The_Philosopher
On the Religious AQA paper, was the abortion question about the different alternative choices to abortion e.g. adoption, or on why a women may chose to have an abortion?

I was so confused about that one too!!!!!!!!
On the Religious AQA paper, was the abortion question about the different alternative choices to abortion e.g. adoption, or on why a women may chose to have an abortion?

It confused me for so long! I ended up doing alalternative choices to abortion and everyone I know who did the question did the same. You?
Original post by hhmerrony
did anyone do edexcel c1 today? I messed up the six mark question where you had to talk about the differences between petrol and bitumen: I spoke about gases instead of petrol. does anyone know if I can still get marks?

You'll definitely get the marks for bitumen so thats at leazt half. And I think you might get some marks for comparing the properties since both are near the top.
Original post by SampleX
I was almost in tears in today's AQA GCSE Chemistry, C2 and C3 exams, anyone else do them? How did you find them?

I didn't think C2 was too bad but I found C3 quite hard.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 405
Original post by staringatshadows
It confused me for so long! I ended up doing alalternative choices to abortion and everyone I know who did the question did the same. You?

oh no. i wrote about pro- choice and pro- life but included alternatives too... oops
Original post by sufiyan1999
Smashed the edexcel unit 2 re. Anyone else do the same paper??

Me..hated the question about awe and the environment like wth???
Original post by franm1
yeah i said the world is beautiful and there is so much undiscovered but my friends put stuff like its the only planet where human life can live, is a gift from god so i won't have got full marks on that. and ahhh thats a good point, wish i'd have put that in. we dont do sikhs but buddhists believe life starts before conception

I wrote that the world is beautiful but some religions e.g. cristianity don't find it too important because their life will be eternal in paradise and that, that is more beautiful than this world
Original post by Verish
Yh i pretty much just waffled through that one and made up some advantages and disadvantages for it. The only decent mark i could think of was that "method 1 has to be filtered and not all of the precipitate may go through and this will affect the results and accuracy of the experiment" apart from that it was all just lying really :P

Easily the worst question in the paper........:frown:

I put about filtering too! I kind of made the rest up :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FatimahAli
Me..hated the question about awe and the environment like wth???

Haha, I wrote that I agreed with the statement because of the passionate love and caring nature they show to each other, and how natural selection means they are constantly evolving and becoming every more beautiful. But idek, such a weird question. More appropriate for an English Lang exam or something
Reply 410
The C1, C2, C3 paper I found it fairly easy. Both the Biology and Chemistry contained a lot of data questions. The 6 mark questions on the Nitrogen Cycle (in biology) and the one on the rocks magnetism (in Chem) I found the hardest on the paper.

Are you talking about OCR 21st Century? That's what I've done :smile:
Biology B2 and Chemistry C2 went okay!

French, really didn't care. Guessed everything.

English Lit Unit 1 AQA is on 18th...SCAREDDDDD
Original post by almahoney
Exam board: Edexcel
Exam Topic: Spanish reading and listening (Higher)
Feeling::eek:
Please tell me im not the only one who found it extremely hard and royal f'd it up
The only thing that can save me now is my 'A' grade coursework

I found it impossible and guessed most of the reading and listening! I mean the Argentinian meat eaters/non eaters? What even WAS that (seriously we're still trying to work it out) The writing questions were horrible and gave no leway whatsoever:frown: everyone said they thought so..I'm hoping the grade boundaries drop (from 90% for an A*!!!!') but apparently they never drop more than like 3%?! Crying now this was supposed to be my only safe exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 413
Original post by FatimahAli
I wrote that the world is beautiful but some religions e.g. cristianity don't find it too important because their life will be eternal in paradise and that, that is more beautiful than this world

thats a good point. how did you think you did on the whole?
Original post by cazza_kay
To find the empirical formula you have to divide the mass of the substance (g) by their Ar (relative formula mass) then ratio. So oxygen was 0.72g / 16 (Ar) which gives 0.045. Then lead was 6.2g / 207 (Ar) which gives 0.03. Finally, ratio both, which requires making them into whole numbers, so multiply by 1000 (as 100 only makes 4.5 which is not a whole number). Now you have 30 (oxygen): 45 (lead). Now divide by a common number, which is 15. This gives 2:3 which is as far as it can be reduced before they are no longer whole numbers. Therefore meaning that there are 2 lead atoms to 3 oxygen atoms and the answer is: Pb2O3.
Hope that helped x

Thank you, I understand now :smile:, I wish I had thought of that yesterday in the exam!
Original post by kiera28
I found it impossible and guessed most of the reading and listening! I mean the Argentinian meat eaters/non eaters? What even WAS that (seriously we're still trying to work it out) The writing questions were horrible and gave no leway whatsoever:frown: everyone said they thought so..I'm hoping the grade boundaries drop (from 90% for an A*!!!!') but apparently they never drop more than like 3%?! Crying now this was supposed to be my only safe exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha same XD I mean i was aiming for an A but now i just want to pass it tbh
Original post by almahoney
haha same XD I mean i was aiming for an A but now i just want to pass it tbh

I'm sure you'll do well! I was aiming for an A* and now I'd be happy with a B:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone do Spanish OCR today? I thought it went alright but could have gone better!
B2 and c2 were easy but the grade boundaries are apparently going to go really highly
26 to pass
Original post by Cleverclog786
B2 and c2 were easy but the grade boundaries are apparently going to go really highly
26 to pass

I beg that the grade boundaries are like this 26/60 for a C?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest