The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA-12 marker?

Scroll to see replies

That is what I was trying to find out... but tbh I think it can be anything really.... There's three sections with lots of different things to cover, the possibilities are endless. They can probably give you an essay on Evaluation (validity) of milgram's study, who knows? I would revise everything just in case.... :tongue:
Original post by PerplexedBird
That is what I was trying to find out... but tbh I think it can be anything really.... There's three sections with lots of different things to cover, the possibilities are endless. They can probably give you an essay on Evaluation (validity) of milgram's study, who knows? I would revise everything just in case.... :tongue:

Im praying for a 12 marker on Milgram

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by katemate98
What do you think the 12 marker will be in Unit 2?

I am hoping for something to do with conformity, but my teacher predicts it will be something to do with abnormality e.g. the models of abnormality or definitions. I have only just started revising for abnormality and I don't feel so ready yet! >.< Let us pray.:jebus::tee: :biggrin:
Original post by Harriechica
Im praying for a 12 marker on Milgram

Posted from TSR Mobile

Milgram is a good one actually, I wouldn't mind it too much because there is always something to talk about e.g. the studies for evaluation and the basic points e.g. procedures and findings.

How is your revision going by the way? Have you finished the 3 sections (Social Psychology, Individual Differences and Biological) already? Because, for me, I still have the whole of biological to do. >.<

:sheep:
Original post by FloralEssence
I am hoping for something to do with conformity, but my teacher predicts it will be something to do with abnormality e.g. the models of abnormality or definitions. I have only just started revising for abnormality and I don't feel so ready yet! >.< Let us pray.:jebus::tee: :biggrin:

Yeah I was thinking it could be abnormality as that's rarely come up as a 12 marker. Asch has come up a couple of times but it's usually on stress so maybe something different this year..?
Yeah I was thinking it could be abnormality as that's rarely come up as a 12 marker. Asch has come up a couple of times but it's usually on stress so maybe something different this year..?

hmm Yes, I see... Do you think Stress like the HPA and SAM could come up too? I have never seen a paper with a full 12 marker on them. However, Stress came up last year so I don't know. .-. :colone: People normally try to look for patterns on them but it is the last exam on this spec so anything could happen. :grumble::banghead:
hmm Yes, I see... Do you think Stress like the HPA and SAM could come up too? I have never seen a paper with a full 12 marker on them. However, Stress came up last year so I don't know. .-. :colone: People normally try to look for patterns on them but it is the last exam on this spec so anything could happen. :grumble::banghead:

SAM and HPA wouldn't be a 12 marker I don't think, they don't have evaluation points but they might come up as a 3 marker (each) or something. Yeah true! I think they'll give us quite a hard one because the first paper was quite easy.
I think Sam and hpa could come up I think they'd find a way to make it a 12 marker

Posted from TSR Mobile
SAM and HPA wouldn't be a 12 marker I don't think, they don't have evaluation points but they might come up as a 3 marker (each) or something. Yeah true! I think they'll give us quite a hard one because the first paper was quite easy.

Are you sure there aren't any evaluation points??? 0.0 my teacher gave us points to talk about for A02 and we've done essays for 12 markers HPA and SAM .-. and yes, I agree. v.v I wonder what the grade boundaries will be like for Unit 1 though :daydreaming:

Original post by Shannonmagennis
I think Sam and hpa could come up I think they'd find a way to make it a 12 marker

Posted from TSR Mobile

:banana:
I'm wondering the same I feel like it wasn't as hard as it should have been so I think they'll rise. I think it could also be on stress related illness or coping with stress

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you sure there aren't any evaluation points??? 0.0 my teacher gave us points to talk about for A02 and we've done essays for 12 markers HPA and SAM .-. and yes, I agree. v.v I wonder what the grade boundaries will be like for Unit 1 though :daydreaming:

Oh really?? What evaluation points did you get taught?
& They'll be pretty high I expect
[QUOTE="katemate98;55824777"]

Oh really?? What evaluation points did you get taught?
& They'll be pretty high I expect

(I am having some technical difficulties in uploading >.<) These are some of them in skeleton notes so you would have to expand them for the essay. :wink: :rock:
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm wondering why the specification doesn't refer to AO2 then.... -_-
[QUOTE="FloralEssence;55837211"]

(I am having some technical difficulties in uploading >.<) These are some of them in skeleton notes so you would have to expand them for the essay. :wink: :rock:

Thanks so much! :biggrin:
My revision guide says that the SAM is good for survival and fight or flight responses however it is not very useful as we don't often encounter life threatening situations in modern day life.

So theres another evaluation point you can make :smile:
What do you think the 12 marker will be in Unit 2?

im thinking it might be something to do with milgrams study and obedience as obedience has never come out as a 12 marker :smile:
[QUOTE="katemate98;55842095"]

Thanks so much! :biggrin:

Any time! :yep::yy:
What time do you's sit your exam

SM

SM
1 o'clock UK time :smile:

SM

Yep, it is 1pm for all sitting the AQA unit 2, which I love because you always have those morning hours to revise and refresh yourself. :biggrin: Do you do AQA?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending