The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD223
No worries!

I think we all fear that haha! Hopefully it doesn't happen though.

My teacher personally thinks German revolution 1918-1919 and Nazi consolidation of power 1933 for part a. What are your/your teacher's predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What could they ask about the German revolution? We basically skimmed through that in class as it was not felt to be important, but looks like a question could come up on it. Any help here ?
Reply 661
Original post by tggfootymad
What could they ask about the German revolution? We basically skimmed through that in class as it was not felt to be important, but looks like a question could come up on it. Any help here ?

"To what extent was the German revolution 1918-1919 a revolution from below?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diggy
Plus Im more than willing to share my notes from A2 if anyone wants them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, can you please share your notes
Reply 663
How do people generally revise history? Section by section across several days or blast through it all each session?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 664
Original post by CD223
How do people generally revise history? Section by section across several days or blast through it all each session?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Section by section usually, just to make sure to get some detail
Reply 665
Original post by cuppa
Section by section usually, just to make sure to get some detail

Sounds good - I should probably do that instead of being overly ambitious in how much I cover haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 666
Do you think it's worth revising the topics that came up last year? I mean, there's not much to it and I won't neglect the whole unit, but I feel like revising WW2 war economy would just be a waste of time for example /:
Reply 667
Original post by cuppa
Do you think it's worth revising the topics that came up last year? I mean, there's not much to it and I won't neglect the whole unit, but I feel like revising WW2 war economy would just be a waste of time for example /:

My teacher has told us not to bother lol. I still will, but not to the same extent.

What was it again?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What tips would you guys suggest in order to achieve an A on this exam? Content? Essay structure? Or effective analysis of the source question? (The latter, I always find difficult)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 669
Original post by farawayfromnowhere
What tips would you guys suggest in order to achieve an A on this exam? Content? Essay structure? Or effective analysis of the source question? (The latter, I always find difficult)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would recommend essay structure/source analysis mainly as 67% of the marks are source analysis for Part B.

Then again, own knowledge is key for part A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I would recommend essay structure/source analysis mainly as 67% of the marks are source analysis for Part B.

Then again, own knowledge is key for part A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hm, yeah. I think I'm gonna start actually analysing & writing some past paper essays in exam conditions, it may help me with time constraints and get me used to analysing the sources, hopefully :smile: what do you plan to do in the following weeks to prepare?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Decided to just revise Rise of Nazi's and Second Reich
Reply 672
Original post by farawayfromnowhere
Hm, yeah. I think I'm gonna start actually analysing & writing some past paper essays in exam conditions, it may help me with time constraints and get me used to analysing the sources, hopefully :smile: what do you plan to do in the following weeks to prepare?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds good!

Personally I need to revise content more than structure. I get my latest mock back next Monday/Wednesday so I'll use that result to help me prioritise.

At the moment I think I'll just go over my flash cards and revision guides, and look at past source questions thinking of arguments for an against them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 673
Original post by WilliamSlim
Decided to just revise Rise of Nazi's and Second Reich

Really! Woah that's brave. Skipping all of Weimar, or are you doing the Weimar period but from a Nazi perspective?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Really! Woah that's brave. Skipping all of Weimar, or are you doing the Weimar period but from a Nazi perspective?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'll do it from the Nazi's perspective and what they did during the time period and the factors that helped them gain power. I mean Weimar has come up in the last two papers, don't think it'll come up three times in a row.
Reply 675
Original post by WilliamSlim
Yeah I'll do it from the Nazi's perspective and what they did during the time period and the factors that helped them gain power. I mean Weimar has come up in the last two papers, don't think it'll come up three times in a row.

I agree it's unlikely, I'm just not taking any chances haha.

Personally praying someone kind is looking down on us so we end up with Nazi consolidation. I'll be so happy. It's just a nice self-contained question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys!

Just to clarify for Part B for the Hitler controversy - it's always almost about the popularity or the effectiveness of Hitlers regime right?

I'm freaking out because I haven't started revising ahhh! I plan to start on the 20th of May (this wednesday) after my history resit. Wish me luck! I ended up with a B on my mock with half ass studying
Hey Guys,I've start revising for this exam which is soon. Can anyone please supply me with some tips?eg. Would memorising a model controversy answer be sufficient revision for the controversy question (with a little tweaking of course)?or if I memorise a model essay for each section, would that be sufficent for the other sections?Thank you! :smile:
Original post by CD223
That's insane! I don't know how people can memorise things like that. I mean I know some stats etc but I never learnt the book by rote Hahha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol no i don't mean rote memorisation of the book, i'd find that even more impossible, i just mean memorising your revision notes and all the key dates, names, evidences >.<
there's a lot!
Original post by jadejadeshade
Hi guys!

Just to clarify for Part B for the Hitler controversy - it's always almost about the popularity or the effectiveness of Hitlers regime right?

I'm freaking out because I haven't started revising ahhh! I plan to start on the 20th of May (this wednesday) after my history resit. Wish me luck! I ended up with a B on my mock with half ass studying

I'm doing this exact same thing, history resitting on 20 May, then start this revision XD

Quick Reply

Latest