The Student Room Group

AQA PE 15th May 2015

Hi did anyone think the PE exam was an odd one? There was nothing on bones, muscles or any components of fitness!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ltaylor10
Hi did anyone think the PE exam was an odd one? There was nothing on bones, muscles or any components of fitness!

It was ok, I spent ages revising the physiology side of the course and there was nothing on there like you mentioned , which is a bit disappointing . I also found thinking of 5 healthy eating promotions hard.
Reply 2
Original post by Moorb
It was ok, I spent ages revising the physiology side of the course and there was nothing on there like you mentioned , which is a bit disappointing . I also found thinking of 5 healthy eating promotions hard.

Yeah same, it was a bit of a let down after so much work, for those five things on eating I found a hard one to judge, the question was written weirdly!
Yeah I was really disappoint their were not definitions or bodily systems! I didn't know the director of TV question or youth sports question...
Reply 4
It's very unfair for students that have sat this exam today as the last year paper was so much easier. Last year there was questions on ectomorths, components of fitness or functions of blood. I do not get how the level of difficulty can change so much.
And why on earth they put that Youth Sport Trust programmes on, who is going to be remembering that?
Same with them 5 ways of healthy eating or the culture.
I needed 35 marks for a C, no way im getting that.
Original post by jacko9898
It's very unfair for students that have sat this exam today as the last year paper was so much easier. Last year there was questions on ectomorths, components of fitness or functions of blood. I do not get how the level of difficulty can change so much.
And why on earth they put that Youth Sport Trust programmes on, who is going to be remembering that?
Same with them 5 ways of healthy eating or the culture.
I needed 35 marks for a C, no way im getting that.

Ikr!!
Reply 6
Original post by sharkfinn87
Yeah I was really disappoint their were not definitions or bodily systems! I didn't know the director of TV question or youth sports question...

I don't think I got them either
Reply 7
I thought the exam today was extremely odd and there were quite a few questions that I would have never revised for - although the Youth Sports trust we were taught about along with the Dame Kelly Holmes trust, the day before the exam which was extremely lucky. I was wondering though is this the first time no definitions have come up on the exam (Excluding the role models question on the part B scenario) because we were always told the would be at least one definition and an example to match the definition??

Also where were the questions actually relating to sport and pe in general???!
Reply 8
Original post by Perrin99
I thought the exam today was extremely odd and there were quite a few questions that I would have never revised for - although the Youth Sports trust we were taught about along with the Dame Kelly Holmes trust, the day before the exam which was extremely lucky. I was wondering though is this the first time no definitions have come up on the exam (Excluding the role models question on the part B scenario) because we were always told the would be at least one definition and an example to match the definition??Also where were the questions actually relating to sport and pe in general???!

Exacrly! There were no questions on bones or muscles either! Or even a definition of a component of fitness!
Reply 9
What do yous think the correct answer is for the healthy eating one and the question what is a role model for 4 marks?
Original post by jacko9898
What do yous think the correct answer is for the healthy eating one and the question what is a role model for 4 marks?

For healthy eating I said they could offer more fruit, have it on lower prices or free, teach them about the importance of it, get rid of unhealthy foods and put posters up about it.

I said a role model is someone who others are inspired by and respect, they want to be like them and they behave well
there was a components of fitness question, it was the 8 mark on types of strength. i defined strength and the three types in that
Original post by geekgirl_1234
there was a components of fitness question, it was the 8 mark on types of strength. i defined strength and the three types in that

Yeah I said explosive, static and dynamic and the definition of each. I then said what events these would be explosive- vault would gain more height and better score. Static - rings would help him stay in a stable condition more easily such as the pike and dynamic- pommel horse which would allow him to keep going over long periods of time..I then said how he could I.prove these through weight training....
I got 10/10 in coursework and 69/80 in practical, what would I need for the exam to get an A or A*??? :smile:
Original post by sharkfinn87
I got 10/10 in coursework and 69/80 in practical, what would I need for the exam to get an A or A*??? :smile:

Well based on last years practical grade boundaries, you have a low - middle B, you can't get an a* even with 100% in the test. To get an A, you would have needed 67/80 (A* boundary) to justtt abouttt get an A. I'm just hoping that they lower the practical grade boundaries coz I want an A* but wouldn't have been able to get one last year with the low A I have in practical.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kayley327
Okay thanks I think I definitely got 65/80 but not sure...would.be very close to boundaries :/

You can look up aqa ums converter to try and work out any possible grades (raw marks converted to ums and your grade is determined by how many ums marks you score)
Original post by PLL+GG28
You can look up aqa ums converter to try and work out any possible grades (raw marks converted to ums and your grade is determined by how many ums marks you score)

Ok thanks :smile:
Reply 17
Hi, I got 80/80 on the practical with 7/10 on key process C, how many marks in the exam would I need to get an A*?
Original post by empc
Hi, I got 80/80 on the practical with 7/10 on key process C, how many marks in the exam would I need to get an A*?

You would probably need 64/80 marks (using last year boundaries though) if you're doing the full course and double award I think.
Reply 19
Does anyone have the mark scheme for the 2015 paper? Tryna find it online, but cant :frown:

Quick Reply