The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Spanish - 15th May

How did you guys find the Spanish exam. The listening was impossible!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reading wasn't too bad but the listening was just pure guessing
Original post by zigocarn
Do you remember any of your answers for the reading paper, towards the end of the paper?

I put inevitable for the last question but I don't think it's right
I don't even know. The papers were definitely harder than the previous years but.... I guess it's all down to results day and grade boundaries.
Original post by zigocarn
What was your response to the dangers of the internet and how internet affected his life?

The first bit was stops parents arguing because of pelear
Original post by jack.123765

Yeah i didnt get that 😅 i put it stopped conversations between the family
Reply 6
Look at the bright side, last year it was 33 for full ums and the test was piss easy, so this years horrendous godzilla dwarfing thing will probably be like 28 for full ums
Original post by .a.r.j.
Look at the bright side, last year it was 33 for full ums and the test was piss easy, so this years horrendous godzilla dwarfing thing will probably be like 28 for full ums

Logically speaking, if your like an A* student in the previous papers and therefore you are good at spanish...then there's no reason you shouldn't get it in this paper. It just wouldn't be reasonable for edexcel to put the grade boundaries so high because us people who have dedicated our souls to Spanish deserve more than that...:colondollar:. ( And I know some native in the country will get full marks I hope they are ignored when setting the grade boundary).
(edited 8 years ago)
Actually 100% impossible
Reply 9
i was so surprised by how difficult it was, especially because all the past papers were so easy!
Reply 10
Original post by heyheyeee
Logically speaking, if your like an A* student in the previous papers and therefore you are good at spanish...then there's no reason you shouldn't get it in this paper. It just wouldn't be reasonable for edexcel to put the grade boundaries so high because us people who have dedicated our souls to Spanish deserve more than that...:colondollar:. ( And I know some native in the country will get full marks I hope they are ignored when setting the grade boundary).

Oh I'm not saying I'm good I'm pretty bad at spanish as it is, never mind this horrific test, I'm just saying for people who are good at spanish and then are worrying about their marks, that everyone would find it difficult so the grade boundaries are lower and it'll all be chill

Posted from TSR Mobile

i put that too.
no one in the whole country did not got full marks , definitely.
Edexcel has to limit the grade boundaries to
24 - A* for listening
26 - A* for Reading

It was impossible.:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
the people who would get full marks would be the people who have spanish as their first language tbh.
oh thank god other people found it hard. I thought the reading was okay but like three quarters of the listening was guesses. I put inevitable too for that question on the reading!
Reply 14
In the listening i think they were having a race to see who spoke fastest!
I think they had a race to see how many spanish gcse students they could make cry... :frown:
Reply 16
Original post by arjro
In the listening i think they were having a race to see who spoke fastest!

Yeah I was convinced that our teacher had put the speed in 2x by accident

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the listening they didn't even make it clear if Salvador was the male and eugenia was a female that almost threw me!😑
In the listening they didn't even make it clear if Salvador was the male and eugenia was a female that almost threw me!������

Exactly what I thought !
that pretty much did throw me, i only caught on after the first run through so i probably only got like 2 out of 4 on that (yay)

Quick Reply

Latest