The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE English Literature Unit 1 Prose

Hi guys hope your revision is going good. Does anyone have notes on the characters of "Of Mice and Men" and "Animal Farm"?
Much appreciated if you could share them :biggrin:
Thanks!! :smile:
Reply 1
hey do u know roughly how much you're supposed to write for each question in section A of prose. for the notes you should try sparknotes they are quite good.
Reply 2
Original post by S.M.
hey do u know roughly how much you're supposed to write for each question in section A of prose. for the notes you should try sparknotes they are quite good.

Hey thanks I'll try sparknotes. For section A the question will be divided up into 3 parts a b and c.
Part a is worth 8 marks so about 3 or 4 PEE's will do.
Part b is 12 marks so 4 or 5 PEE's will be enough.
Part c is 16 marks so 6 or 7 PEE's will be enough.
PEE is point evidence explanation. A full PEE is 3 marks so you can work it out. It's better to have an extra one just to secure the full marks.
Reply 3
Original post by Ash Kay
Hey thanks I'll try sparknotes. For section A the question will be divided up into 3 parts a b and c.
Part a is worth 8 marks so about 3 or 4 PEE's will do.
Part b is 12 marks so 4 or 5 PEE's will be enough.
Part c is 16 marks so 6 or 7 PEE's will be enough.
PEE is point evidence explanation. A full PEE is 3 marks so you can work it out. It's better to have an extra one just to secure the full marks.

okay thanks :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by S.M.
okay thanks :smile:

No problem. Just make sure you time yourself well. Don't spend too much time on one part
Reply 5
does anybody know what you're meant to write for this exam? i have 3 english exams coming up including this one and i get confused as to what you're meant to write for each

Quick Reply