The Student Room Group

Day of driving test

I was just wondering if anyone knew who you can take with you on the day of your driving test? My mum has taught me. She's insured on my car and is legally allowed to drive it ect, but I didn't know if it had to be a qualified instructor? I have googled but can't find any answers??
Reply 1
Think shell have to sit this one out Pretty sure it needs to be just you amd the instructor
Reply 2
You'll of course have to go there with your mum as you can't drive alone. Then for the test you can either do it alone with the examiner or if you wish have your mum sit in. I personally would just have your mum wait at the test centre whilst you drive. It is an extra set of eyes watching you and extra weight in the car. Then once you come back and pass you can go over to her and scream about passing. :h:

Spoiler

Reply 3
Original post by 8472
You'll of course have to go there with your mum as you can't drive alone. Then for the test you can either do it alone with the examiner or if you wish have your mum sit in. I personally would just have your mum wait at the test centre whilst you drive. It is an extra set of eyes watching you and extra weight in the car. Then once you come back and pass you can go over to her and scream about passing. :h:

Spoiler

Thank you! Whoever it was I was going to ask to wait in the test centre room but I just wanted to know if it could be someone other than a instructor that could come with you, thank god for that!
Reply 4
Original post by cmlynch
Thank you! Whoever it was I was going to ask to wait in the test centre room but I just wanted to know if it could be someone other than a instructor that could come with you, thank god for that!

Would be a bit unfair if you had to go with a qualified instructor since not everyone can afford to learn using one or they don't want to. :yep: Good luck with your test. :thumbsup: When is it?
Reply 5
Thank you! It's on the 26th this month. I'm petrified! I have failed once before due to something that was not my fault at all so I'm really nervous. I have done about 5 lessons with instructors but they seem to lower my confidence more than boost it, I'm much more comfortable with my mum and it saves money which is a bonus.
Reply 6
Original post by cmlynch
Thank you! It's on the 26th this month. I'm petrified! I have failed once before due to something that was not my fault at all so I'm really nervous. I have done about 5 lessons with instructors but they seem to lower my confidence more than boost it, I'm much more comfortable with my mum and it saves money which is a bonus.

Ahh a little bit more time yet to practice. :smile: No need to be nervous. You know how the test operates and what it feels like so this time you can really nail it.

I kind of aggree with you on the instructors part. Initially I had one who gave me no confidence. Didn't reassure me and generally made me worried about driving. Thank fully I changed and ended up with a more elderly gentlemen who was fantastic. Understood being panicky, Understood little to no confidence and could read me really well allowing him to see my anxiety of situation which could occur such as when i'd work out there was a huge multi-lane round about ahead. As a result confidence went up and my driving also improved. But if you can get that from your mum.. even better. :h:
Well I passed first time and had my dad in the back with me. If anything it didn't really affect the test and it goes quicker aswell so I say have your mum in the car with you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending