The Student Room Group

AQA maths core 1, 13th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

exactly! keep it simple and know one will know what it means:smile:
Reply 901
Hey, since you all did the C1 exam I'm guessing most of you will have the C2 exam on Wednesday... Does anyone have a PDF of the June 2014 paper for c2? My teacher hasn't gave us it and it would be really useful for me to do this weekend!
Original post by pingew
Hey, since you all did the C1 exam I'm guessing most of you will have the C2 exam on Wednesday... Does anyone have a PDF of the June 2014 paper for c2? My teacher hasn't gave us it and it would be really useful for me to do this weekend!

It's on AQA website

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 903
Original post by C0balt
It's on AQA website

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, so it is! Thanks :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 904
Original post by pingew
Ahh, so it is! Thanks :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does any1 rememver the sird question? Were the y values root 3 and root 5 or was that the x values?
Reply 905
Original post by omarkhatri
Hi people..im an A2 student. Managed to get a hand on the paper and finished it in class. If you want me to send you the answers with working out just PM and ill send them

Send them to me pls?
Original post by r-star
Does any1 rememver the sird question? Were the y values root 3 and root 5 or was that the x values?

Yeah, I got 7+√15. It was dy/dx so it was surd division, and in order to divide that you had to use the conjugate.
Reply 907
Original post by Tomm1998
Yeah, I got 7+√15. It was dy/dx so it was surd division, and in order to divide that you had to use the conjugate.

u reember what coordinates were for question?
Original post by r-star
Send them to me pls?

PM your email and ill send it to that
For the cylinder question i said h=V/(pi)r^2 , how many marks dropped in the first two parts for using this?
Not sure exactly but you needed the equation for h which was 48pi - pi r^2 / 2pi r which was then used to sub into the next part to prove the volume so you may drop a few if you said it was the volume as you showed that by pi r^2 h and subbed your previous answer in as h.
I'm absolutely gutted, was going for that 100 UMS but make an absolutely stupid mistake like that, hopefully it won't cost me more than 5 marks :/
Original post by Olliew0805
I'm absolutely gutted, was going for that 100 UMS but make an absolutely stupid mistake like that, hopefully it won't cost me more than 5 marks :/

Yeah that sucks, I was going for full marks as well and didn't repeat root it. Think I got everything else right
I will be happy with a B or an A. Hope I can get an A
Original post by SBurn98
Yeah that sucks, I was going for full marks as well and didn't repeat root it. Think I got everything else right

Personal goal was to beat my brothers 297/300 UMS
Original post by mickel_w
Fairly confident of every question apart from the first 5 marks on the cylinder (i know what i did wrong now).
Will hopefully only lose a couple of marks on all the other questions, so i should get an A.
Waiting for an unofficial mark scheme :smile:

Where did you go wrong may I ask?
Original post by Olliew0805
Where did you go wrong may I ask?

On the cylinder?
Instead of using 2Ο€r as the circumference of the base, my brain had a meltdown and thought the equation for the circumference was Ο€r. And there i was, pondering why 48 just wouldnt simplify to 24 no matter what i did, lol.
Hate silly mistakes like that, theyre always the ones that cost me marks ;/
Original post by mickel_w
On the cylinder?
Instead of using 2Ο€r as the circumference of the base, my brain had a meltdown and thought the equation for the circumference was Ο€r. And there i was, pondering why 48 just wouldnt simplify to 24 no matter what i did, lol.
Hate silly mistakes like that, theyre always the ones that cost me marks ;/

With that question I got what they wanted in part 2 but completely did it the wrong way without reading the question because I was so confident, I finished early and everything, it would have been so easy to just check it over, absolutes gutted :/
Reply 918
This is old news why is everyone still talking about c1. If you want the answers msg me.
Reply 919
My school have uploaded the answers for all the questions

Quick Reply

Latest