The Student Room Group

Failed in OCR 21st century chemistry exam :(

i missed a 6 marks question, and 3 two marks question due to the **** (sorry for swearing but can't stop it) timing so basically i failed... what about u friends???
I also have a question.... lets say that i got a D in chemistry and B in biology and A in physics the core science 1,2,3
in additional science i got an A,A,B in chemistry physics and biology
how these grades will add up overall
i am doing double science and i got an A* in experiment task and A investigating research
how i will get overall grade in my august results???

Scroll to see replies

not sure how the grade will add up but about the failing chemistry bit you and me both sister
I know how you feel. I feel that all my exams are going terribly and I'm gonna need a massive miracle on results day
Reply 3
I have a feeling that the grade boundaries are going to be low for that exam tbh (i took it too, wasn't hard but was harder than the 2014 paper)
Reply 4
You did your best and there's nothing you can about it now
Don't be too worried about grades and what you'll think you'll get - it will distract you if you keep thinking about it

Concentrate on your other exams
Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by fatima1998
yeah....me and my friends all praying for the low grade boundaries, lets hope and pray

haha what questions did you find difficult?
What do you all reckon 40/60 would be? I totally feel like I failed too :frown: Don't worry!
Reply 7
Original post by iamlucy
What do you all reckon 40/60 would be? I totally feel like I failed too :frown: Don't worry!

I reckon 40 will be an A. I think 44/43 will be an A*
That stupid Antarctica question got me! And that question about the tennis balls!! I'm an A* maths student and I feel so ashamed that I didn't get that right (I misread the question). Oh well. Inshallah (With the help of God) the grade boundaries will be low. And how'd B1,2,3 go? I found that so much better as the six markers were so much easier!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kxylah
I reckon 40 will be an A. I think 44/43 will be an A*

I really hope so, I'm literally losing it - it went so badly and I'm doing chemistry next year. Do you have any idea of previous grade boundaries?x
Reply 10
Original post by iamlucy
I really hope so, I'm literally losing it - it went so badly and I'm doing chemistry next year. Do you have any idea of previous grade boundaries?x

I believe last year it was A* for 44. This years test was roughly the same/maybe a little more harder than last years test therefore I think the grade boundaries will stay the same! :smile:
Ready for physics?
Reply 11
nooooo...... i dont wanna commit suicide sooo dont predict the grade boundaries

haha dont dwell on the past. try focusing on what you can change for your future exams! :smile:
i sound so annoying and optimistic but yeah x
biology wasnt hard compare to chemistry but biology itself was okay hard.... i also find the biology 6 marks qs easy :smile: but one thing i hated it is that they didnt asked about the ADH and about the kidney but its also good that i havent revised that topic thoroughly so yeah :banana:

I was so angry that they didn't ask about Stem cells!! I could have easily gotten a 6/6. Oh well!
Original post by kxylah
I believe last year it was A* for 44. This years test was roughly the same/maybe a little more harder than last years test therefore I think the grade boundaries will stay the same! :smile:
Ready for physics?

Thank you so much, that's made me feel a little better! I have a vague understanding of everything, but I have 3 exams before then so I need focus on those first! How did your other exam on Thursday go?x
Reply 14
Original post by iamlucy
Thank you so much, that's made me feel a little better! I have a vague understanding of everything, but I have 3 exams before then so I need focus on those first! How did your other exam on Thursday go?x

oh god don't get me started. I'm sure you've heard (it's all over the Internet) but AQA put in 2 a level questions for the GCSE exam :frown: was meant to be an A* student however I think I barely scrapped a B! Grade boundaries are rlly gonna be low this year....

And what exams do you have before the physics paper? English literature is one of them I'm assuming?
Reply 15
can u answer the qs i am confused a bit... dont know how its relevant to p1!!!
WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF THE ENERGY???
i have one of the revision guide u probably have it as well....

41s5cHTtQ9L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I don't get what you mean. The source of what's energy? If you mean p1 then it's probably the sun, in which case it's nuclear fusion
Reply 16
ohhh yeah i missed the important word SUN... can u expand this a bit more???? because i am making some flashcards on the P1 topic so that's why and how do u know this stuff because i dont i missed the p1 and p2 because i joined the school late.... i came into the new school late and the other school was teaching totally different exam board

Hydrogen nuclei fuse to make helium. This releases energy, baaam sun has energy! :tongue: Not much you can talk about it for p1. Starts getting more detailed at p7
Reply 17
i missed a 6 marks question, and 3 two marks question due to the **** (sorry for swearing but can't stop it) timing so basically i failed... what about u friends???
I also have a question.... lets say that i got a D in chemistry and B in biology and A in physics the core science 1,2,3
in additional science i got an A,A,B in chemistry physics and biology
how these grades will add up overall
i am doing double science and i got an A* in experiment task and A investigating research
how i will get overall grade in my august results???

Hi, what did you write about crude oil and rope?
Reply 18
rope-6 marks ( I chosed nylon) and you? crude oil 2 or 3 marks?
Original post by kxylah
oh god don't get me started. I'm sure you've heard (it's all over the Internet) but AQA put in 2 a level questions for the GCSE exam :frown: was meant to be an A* student however I think I barely scrapped a B! Grade boundaries are rlly gonna be low this year....

And what exams do you have before the physics paper? English literature is one of them I'm assuming?

Geez that sucks big time, don't worry yourself though - if you're an A* student, then the people who are targeted Bs and Cs will have not done as well, the grade boundaries will be very very low! You'll have got your A* I'm sure! Umm literature, a geography SDME and RS x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending