The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology B2 and B3

How did everyone find B2 and B3 on Tuesday?

Scroll to see replies

I genuinely have no clue. I think well, but I definitely dropped marks on silly mistakes/places where the markscheme would be picky. I think it went slightly better than chemistry. But we'll have to see. I would like an A* in all the sciences, and even if I think I did bad I think the worst it could've gone is an A.
Only did b3 and it was alright
I got three 1 mark questions absolutely completely wrong in B2, and I'm sure I dropped many, many marks for poor explanations in both papers :/
You probably did alright. And may the grade boundaries be ever in our favour
Reply 5
What did you guys put for the question on why the end pH was lower than the starting pH?
Reply 6
I put that it was because the fats in the milk would be turned in to fatty acids in both experiments by lipase

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I thought B2 and B3 were good papers. Chemistry was terrible though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Scarllett
I put that it was because the fats in the milk would be turned in to fatty acids in both experiments by lipase

Posted from TSR Mobile

Crap, I'm dead.
I have no hope of getting good grades :cry2:
Reply 9
Original post by 150505
Crap, I'm dead.
I have no hope of getting good grades :cry2:

What did you put?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys! Please say you all found unit 3 chemistry very difficult because I'm so worried about it!
I usually do well in Biology but I was left so unsure after those exams, they felt so different to the past papers I did. Not difficult but I'm just hoping for relatively low grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by milliecook5
Hi guys! Please say you all found unit 3 chemistry very difficult because I'm so worried about it!

In my school people either found it really hard or pretty easy. I mean I found it pretty good but thats because I HATE c2 and in comparison c3 was miles better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by milliecook5

I found C2 and C3 really difficult too! Most people in my class felt the same, so I'm hoping that
the grade boundaries will be low.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
What did you get for the magnification question on B2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I got 40x cos its 4*0.1
Reply 16
What did you get for the magnification question on B2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 40x
Reply 17
Original post by saad65
I got 40x

Me too, but a lot of my friends got 400 :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Me too, but a lot of my friends got 400 :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a feeling it 400, A LOT of people on these forums got that, they said its 40cm so thats 400mm which is what u had to right in, you never know, they might be lenient :redface:
Reply 19
Original post by saad65
I have a feeling it 400, A LOT of people on these forums got that, they said its 40cm so thats 400mm which is what u had to right in, you never know, they might be lenient :redface:

I think we should get some marks if the answer was 400 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending