The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Spanish Reading/Listening - 15th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jazzyrobot
I found listening and reading soooo hard! I've done all the past papers and usually get A*, lowest an A. I did the French edexcel GCSE on Tuesday too but French was way way way easier than Spanish! I thought the Spanish reading was so hard it was actually worse than the listening and considering I guessed half the listening that's really bad! And I spent all the time in the reading because it was so difficult to understand. Usually I've done the paper within 30mins! I really hope the grade boundaries will be low and that my coursework will bring the grade up coz I have A*s in both speaking and writing tests.

What kind of marks out of 60 for both?
Original post by zigocarn
What kind of marks out of 60 for both?

Not sure to be honest. I know that the speaking I did in year 10 mustn't be too great but the writings from year 11 (we were made to do a fifth one to replace our worst grade which was a writing for me) I think should be pretty good on the basis we had learnt more. But in year 10 we had a teacher who didn't teach us anything really. She left and we got a really good teacher this year but that meant we still didn't know a lot of vocab. I didn't even get the reading question about the art conpetition right because I said the exhibition was in the art gallery not the town hall because I didn't know what the word meant. But everyone clearly found it super hard so we should be okay :smile:
haha oh right. I though they mentioned 'ayer' and 'media tarde' so I put yesterday mid afternoon.

Oh shoot. I thought i heard ayer but I didn't write it.
Original post by abbeyjayne
Reading was good but jesus christ was listening difficult :s-smilie:

What is a rep?? Sorry I am new to this..i got 2 reps?!?!
Original post by fabsafxo
What is a rep?? Sorry I am new to this..i got 2 reps?!?!

Oh its a bit like a like on facebook or a fave on twitter :-)

I wrote that it was the day before yesterday: 'anteayer' although I didn't write the time even though I heard it. Maybe should have.

I wrote yesterday afternoon... perhaps I actually got a mark on these godforsaken piles of drivel!

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh right okay..woo:smile:

really feelin' that ariana grande pic aha;D
Original post by TSRmartha
for the festival one did he get back the day before yesterday or yesterday evening?

That was the only one which sounded a bit odd, but I had the day before yesterday
(edited 8 years ago)
Not sure to be honest. I know that the speaking I did in year 10 mustn't be too great but the writings from year 11 (we were made to do a fifth one to replace our worst grade which was a writing for me) I think should be pretty good on the basis we had learnt more. But in year 10 we had a teacher who didn't teach us anything really. She left and we got a really good teacher this year but that meant we still didn't know a lot of vocab. I didn't even get the reading question about the art conpetition right because I said the exhibition was in the art gallery not the town hall because I didn't know what the word meant. But everyone clearly found it super hard so we should be okay :smile:

Hopefully the grade boundaries are low. Do you think it's possible to get an A* overall w/ low A's in the exam provided that I you have Middle A*s in the CAs?
Hopefully the grade boundaries are low. Do you think it's possible to get an A* overall w/ low A's in the exam provided that I you have Middle A*s in the CAs?

I would say so. I just realised I lied before. I said I've never got less than an A in a past paper but thar isn't true. I actually got a C in my reading paper for my mock in December (my excuse being I was pretty ill which is true!) but somehow with my coursework grades and listening paper which was A or A* I still got an A overall for my mock with the UMS points and stuff. So if I got an A overall with a C in a paper, As in the papers should mean A*
Original post by Tomoz1123
I wrote yesterday afternoon... perhaps I actually got a mark on these godforsaken piles of drivel!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Accurate description of those papers haha!
I would say so. I just realised I lied before. I said I've never got less than an A in a past paper but thar isn't true. I actually got a C in my reading paper for my mock in December (my excuse being I was pretty ill which is true!) but somehow with my coursework grades and listening paper which was A or A* I still got an A overall for my mock with the UMS points and stuff. So if I got an A overall with a C in a paper, As in the papers should mean A*

Hopefully, but it all depends on the grade boundaries and high the A*s are in the CAs.
Hopefully, but it all depends on the grade boundaries and high the A*s are in the CAs.

True. But remember that loads of people struggle with languages and there is such a variety in results. My teacher read out our speaking grades in register order in front of the class and it literally went: 1st person- A*, 2nd person-U. That actually happened. Person 2 isn't someone who is lazy and doesn't try either. There were about 4 U grades in the class (obviously resat - if resat is a word...) And 6 A*s ish so huge range
Guys i agree that this was hard as ****. I have been getting a*s for about 3 years now in Spanish and thiis is the first time that i have ever thought ****!! If you guys want me to tell you any of the answers just ask. Im not sure about the reading computer thing though, were there viruses and ****??
I wrote that it was the day before yesterday: 'anteayer' although I didn't write the time even though I heard it. Maybe should have.

I did to, i think thats right.
Reply 137
Original post by Courts99
I had a question on festivals and found it really hard. i am also aiming for an a* with already an a* in my controlled assessment. I didn't really understand the internet or dream hotel questions (in the reading paper) but understood most of the rest of it.

How do you know what you got in your controlled assessments?? at my school, for all French Spanish and Mandarin, we aren't told our grade at all until we receive our results in August!
Original post by fabsafxo
really feelin' that ariana grande pic aha;D

Hah thank you! She's my fave singer so i was like I'll use a pic of her.
Look at the verb endings :-)
Verbs ending in -o (ar verbs) or -e (er/ir verbs) are present
Verbs ending in (ar) or (er/ir) are past/Preterite
Verbs structured like voy a INFINITIVE are future because that means i'm going to + verb

Hope that helps!

Thank you! Luckily it wasn't on anyway😜 hope you did well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending