The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC4 Core 4 - 9th June 2015 [Discussion & unofficial markscheme]

Scroll to see replies

Just wondering, is there one of these forums for C3 and S2?

Also just a quick revision method question, do you guys find that you revise only one subject at a time? For example spend a few days on maths then something else or do you timetable different subjects into the day?
Im asking because I have a lot of revision to do for my other subjects which I have neglected but I fear that I may end up putting maths off till theres only a few days before the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 383
Original post by Waz96
Just wondering, is there one of these forums for C3 and S2?

Also just a quick revision method question, do you guys find that you revise only one subject at a time? For example spend a few days on maths then something else or do you timetable different subjects into the day?
Im asking because I have a lot of revision to do for my other subjects which I have neglected but I fear that I may end up putting maths off till theres only a few days before the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here's the link to the core 3 thread:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3041463

I'm not sure about S2. I've only set up C3, C4 and M2 as those are my only units. Sorry!

I tend to revise multiple subjects per day. Little and often helps a lot. It's not how long per day you revise that makes it effective, it's how often you revisit it in my mind. Just my opinion though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

I'm not sure about S2. I've only set up C3, C4 and M2 as those are my only units. Sorry!

I tend to revise multiple subjects per day. Little and often helps a lot. It's not how long per day you revise that makes it effective, it's how often you revisit it in my mind. Just my opinion though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I swear there is no C2 thread made by anyone, I've been searching for many years :wink:
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for that.
I might give your method a try but i still have a lot of chemistry to get through...... 😨

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 386
Original post by Waz96
Thanks for that.
I might give your method a try but i still have a lot of chemistry to get through...... 😨

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah no! What subjects do you do -maths, chemistry..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Ah no! What subjects do you do -maths, chemistry..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths
Chemistry
Business

Until now I have just spent my time outside of lessons on maths. Business isnt too hard to graspe but I honestly cant remember much Chemistry so atm im trying to teach it all to myself again quickly.

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 388
Original post by Waz96
Maths
Chemistry
Business

Until now I have just spent my time outside of lessons on maths. Business isnt too hard to graspe but I honestly cant remember much Chemistry so atm im trying to teach it all to myself again quickly.

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh nice! I do Maths, Physics, Computing and History. It's going okay, just a lot to still remember haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Oh nice! I do Maths, Physics, Computing and History. It's going okay, just a lot to still remember haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gotta rate you for doing 4 at A2, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 391
Original post by Waz96
Gotta rate you for doing 4 at A2, good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was a stupid choice though as I only need 3 As for uni! I guess it gives me flexibility which subject I aim for that in though...

Thank you, I appreciate it! Good luck to you too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if we get marked down for being out by like 0.001 on the trig solutions with an obvious correct solution? Because sometimes you lose accuracy when you find say cos(2x-10)=0.4 to 3sf because when you divide your values by two you can get slightly different values to the MS.
Is that ok or should we always do it to a higher sf in calculation? (Sorry for the poor explanation!)

Also does anyone use the CGP C4 book...? If so chapter 2, part 4 on the factor formulas, is that actually in our spec? Because I have never seen it on a paper!
Reply 393
Original post by jjsnyder
Does anyone know if we get marked down for being out by like 0.001 on the trig solutions with an obvious correct solution? Because sometimes you lose accuracy when you find say cos(2x-10)=0.4 to 3sf because when you divide your values by two you can get slightly different values to the MS.
Is that ok or should we always do it to a higher sf in calculation? (Sorry for the poor explanation!)

Also does anyone use the CGP C4 book...? If so chapter 2, part 4 on the factor formulas, is that actually in our spec? Because I have never seen it on a paper!

I have that book. those formulae are on the formula book but I don't think we need to know how to use them..
Reply 394

Would you mind posting a picture of what is said on that page? I wasn't aware of a topic called "factor formulas"

Also, with reference to significant figures, you should always give them to more than the MS requires before rounding your final answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431728674.028972.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431728701.764876.jpg
That's the first page and then an example. Have seen the formulas in the formula booklet but have never seen anything like the example on any past papers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 396
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431728674.028972.jpg
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431728701.764876.jpg
That's the first page and then an example. Have seen the formulas in the formula booklet but have never seen anything like the example on any past papers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay that has well and truly freaked me out. I wasn't aware of those. I'll ask my maths teacher on Monday! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Okay that has well and truly freaked me out. I wasn't aware of those. I'll ask my maths teacher on Monday! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know it freaked me out... But I've never seen it on any papers so was wondering if it was new :/ The book is new, but it is the AQA C4 book so should be reliable!

Can you tell me what your teacher says when you ask him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 398
I know it freaked me out... But I've never seen it on any papers so was wondering if it was new :/ The book is new, but it is the AQA C4 book so should be reliable!

Can you tell me what your teacher says when you ask him?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'll quote you when I ask him on Monday:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Struggling with part cii, I have found vector BP, and used distance formula, and on gained a quadratic in mu, and found mu to 5/3 and 1/3 but not sure why you have to do vector of PB to get correct answer I though it did not matter which way round it was. ???

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1431777729.159410.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending