The Student Room Group

I'm a Human AMA

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by BCMFM16
Indie pop? I need new music! Upbeat pls

I'm not great at categorising songs but, I'll give it a shot!

(Song Artist)
We Intertwined The Hush Sound
Everybody's Dancing And I Want To Die Deaf Havana (more upbeat than the title suggests!)
Glass Walls Nik Ammar
Little Games The Colourist
High Young Rising Sons
Helicopter Bloc Party

Have I got the kind of style right? I think The 1975 falls under that genre too, but they're pretty well known so I won't be surprised if you know them already :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kiytt

(Song Artist)
Everybody's Dancing And I Want To Die Deaf Havana (more upbeat than the title suggests!)
Glass Walls Nik Ammar
High Young Rising Sons
Dangerous Big Data

Have I got the kind of style right? I think The 1975 falls under that genre too, but they're pretty well known so I won't be surprised if you know them already :smile:

J'ai plusieurs chansons:

Magic man - Paris
Lights - Up we go
Yuna - Rescue
Magic man - Texas
Lola Blanc - Bad tatoo
Indila - Tourner la vide
Geronimo - Sheppard
Marilyn - Alexa Goddard
(edited 8 years ago)
If you'd be an animal, what animal would you be?

Career aspirations?

Your most bizarre habit?

Do you have a pet?

Your role model?

I put the ask in AMA :cool:
Original post by Kiytt
Er.. well, I'm still 16 which I consider quite young to have sexual encounters at, contrary to what's typically thought. So none, thus far. I'm a prude :redface:

Very sensible.

We live in promiscuous times. If and when I had a daughter I would tell her to ignore peer pressure from sluts or horny boys, and save herself for a decent, respectful, worthy man. Your parents must be proud. :smile:

There are lots of scallywags out there wanting to use women for sex. Once you find your prince charming make him wait to make sure his intentions are pure.
Hi Human,

I heard a lot of your kind are *******s?
Reply 25
Original post by Kiytt
I am in fact a genius thank you

See above

How genius are you? Alpha or beta? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by MarriageSucks
Very sensible.

We live in promiscuous times. If and when I had a daughter I would tell her to ignore peer pressure from sluts or horny boys, and save herself for a decent, respectful, worthy man. Your parents must be proud. :smile:

There are lots of scallywags out there wanting to use women for sex. Once you find your prince charming make him wait to make sure his intentions are pure.

That's very nice of you to say :smile: I'm pretty sure they're glad I haven't got X Y and Z STI like some other girls my age...

I generally avoid the whole party scene due to being an inherent introvert; meanwhile I get to observe my sister's mistakes, as she is the complete opposite. I wonder whether if I had her personality, I would be as sensible as I am... :redface:

Oh, and don't worry, I intend to :wink: I've witnessed too much tomfoolery within other people's love lives to even contemplate repeating their wrong-doings!
Original post by Kiytt

(Song Artist)
Glass Walls Nik Ammar
High Young Rising Sons
Helicopter Bloc Party

J'aime ces chansons, je les acheterai
Reply 28
Original post by Imperion
If you'd be an animal, what animal would you be?

Career aspirations?

Your most bizarre habit?

Do you have a pet?

Your role model?

I put the ask in AMA :cool:

LOTS OF QUESTIONS...... I am overwhelmed!! :frown: .... yet honoured

People might laugh at me for saying this... but... I'd be a seagull.
BUT WAIT
Only because they can both swim AND fly. Other than that they are irritating pests.

Ideally, I'd love to work as a graphic designer for a game company or a website developer.
Realistically is another story; I'll probably end up in some mundane desk job.

I managed to break out of it, but I had a compulsive need to watch Deal Or No Deal every weekday afterschool at 4pm, with a hot cuppa. I grew so attached to the routine that it became a daily fix. :frown:

I've had lots of pets, but the "last man standing" if you will, is my grey lop-earred rabbit: Taffy. He's almost 10 years old, surprisingly.

I will never admit it elsewhere, but my role model is my older sister. She's an inspiration both academically and characteristically—but sadly our relationship has deteriorated since I was age 10 and she was 13 (she is 20 now). She got 9A* and 2A at GCSE, AAAA at AS, A*A*A* at A2 (100% in maths!) and is now doing Biochemistry at Cambridge. Our whole family went through a very rough patch just before she sat her GCSEs, but to come out with those results and have that level of motivation despite all that still amazes me to this day. Sorry if I went off on a tangent for this one :redface:

Thanks for the questions!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kiytt
I generally avoid the whole party scene due to being an inherent introvert; meanwhile I get to observe my sister's mistakes, as she is the complete opposite. I wonder whether if I had her personality, I would be as sensible as I am... :redface:

Oh, and don't worry, I intend to :wink: I've witnessed too much tomfoolery within other people's love lives to even contemplate repeating their wrong-doings!

A very sensible young lady. I'm guessing you are intelligent, fairly hard working at school and want to go to a top university? :yeah:

You sound like you could be a female version of me aged 16. This AMA suddenly intrigues me rather than my earlier trollish question. :holmes:

Let's see here. If someone wanted to bring up a future hypothetical daughter to be like yourself, rather than like you sister, what would you recommend? Do you think the difference is purely genetic or do you think your parents brought up up differently, or you got into different peer groups, or what?

Do you go to church? Keep busy with sports, drama, music or volunteering?

Unfortunately I think the current dating culture is rather toxic, and if I had a teenage daughter in a few decades times I want to do my best to avoid her getting heart broken by womanising cads. :colondollar:
Reply 30
Original post by BCMFM16
J'aime ces chansons, je les acheterai

Très bien! :smile: Merci aussi! (I haven't done French since year 9 :redface:)
I made an AMA when I was hit by a car :cool:

And another one because I'm best dancer in da club :cool:

Are you jelly?
Original post by Kiytt
Très bien! :smile: Merci aussi! (I haven't done French since year 9 :redface:)

lol je vous en prie!
Reply 33
Original post by *Stefan*
How genius are you? Alpha or beta? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Contrary to popular belief, the tier below beta is actually the superior rank...

"Cheeky"
Original post by Kiytt
LOTS OF QUESTIONS...... I am overwhelmed!! :frown: .... yet honoured

People might laugh at me for saying this... but... I'd be a seagull.
BUT WAIT
Only because they can both swim AND fly. Other than that they are irritating pests.

Ideally, I'd love to work as a graphic designer for a game company or a website developer.
Realistically is another story; I'll probably end up in some mundane desk job.

I managed to break out of it, but I had a compulsive need to watch Deal Or No Deal every weekday afterschool at 4pm, with a hot cuppa. I grew so attached to the routine that it became a daily fix. :frown:

I've had lots of pets, but the "last man standing" if you will, is my grey lop-earred rabbit: Taffy. He's almost 10 years old, surprisingly.

I will never admit it elsewhere, but my role model is my older sister. She's an inspiration both academically and characteristically—but sadly our relationship has deteriorated since I was age 10 and she was 13 (she is 20 now). She got 9A* and 2A at GCSE, AAAA at AS, A*A*A* at A2 (100% in maths!) and is now doing Biochemistry at Cambridge. Our whole family when through a very rough patch just before she sat her GCSEs, but to come out with those results and have that level of motivation despite all that still amazes me to this day. Sorry if I went off on a tangent for this one :redface:

Thanks for the questions!

Should have seen them coming! :biggrin:

Well, that was truly an answer no one would expect lol I didn't know the seagull could do both :eek:

Hahaha Deal or No Deal. It takes a great deal of courage to watch that :tongue:

Taffy, tough-y, tough, is your rabbit tough? :tongue: And the name reminds me of toffees :rofl: Well, congratz on having him that long! I've never had a pet get past it's 5th birthday - either got lost or died :colonhash:

Your sister grades are hella impressive! And don't worry, you're supposed to answer the questions your style :smile:

Final question - if you were to be given two things that you'd use in a desert AND a resort. What would you pick? Only 2! :mwuaha:
Reply 35
Original post by Kiytt
Contrary to popular belief, the tier below beta is actually the superior rank...

"Cheeky"

"Superior rank" :rofl:

I'm impressed.
Reply 36
Original post by Novascope
Hi Human,

I heard a lot of your kind are *******s?

u w0t fam

Original post by MarriageSucks
A very sensible young lady. I'm guessing you are intelligent, fairly hard working at school and want to go to a top university? :yeah:

You sound like you could be a female version of me aged 16. This AMA suddenly intrigues me rather than my earlier trollish question. :holmes:

Let's see here. If someone wanted to bring up a future hypothetical daughter to be like yourself, rather than like you sister, what would you recommend? Do you think the difference is purely genetic or do you think your parents brought up up differently, or you got into different peer groups, or what?

Do you go to church? Keep busy with sports, drama, music or volunteering?

Unfortunately I think the current dating culture is rather toxic, and if I had a teenage daughter in a few decades times I want to do my best to avoid her getting heart broken by womanising cads. :colondollar:

It's my plan! I often have doubts in my ability to achieve as such, though. :frown:

I think how a child behaves once they reach adolescence and subsequently adulthood is far more dependent on nurture, as opposed to nature. I was raised a Catholic, despite being Atheist now, which taught me a lot of fundamental values about being a decent human being. We weren't an orthodox household by any means; my mother was Irish and she moved to England when she was 18, having grown up in a large Catholic family.

She had a very underprivileged childhood, and with 8 siblings, the importance of sharing, taking responsibility (as she was one of the eldest children) and co-operation were greatly emphasised. Her mother brought her up in the same way that my mother brought me up; she taught my mum to never take anything for granted, to do what you can to help others and to appreciate what you have—which are the exact same things my mother told me to do (amongst other things). Can't say I've always stood true to all of them, but I've certainly tried to.
However, what came with that was strict rules, although they are rules I believe all young children should abide by; politeness towards everyone, proper etiquette, apologise when you've done something wrong, no saying 'bad words', which went as far as "stupid", no talking back and do as you're told; now, I don't mean to make myself out to be some sort of angel child, as I had my fair share of tantrums and outbursts—and how I am now bears little resemblance to my younger self. Yet, if it weren't for these values being instilled in me at such a young age, I would have likely grown up to be entirely different to how I am now (good or bad?). In addition to this, she always placed emphasis on the importance of education, good behaviour in school and excelling academically, and she hoped both my sisters and I would attend university someday. Without this, I don't think neither me nor my older sister would have been as bright as we are now.

What also helped me not become a spoilt brat was the fact that we lived through both financial and emotional hardships; my parents divorced when I was 7, which was probably the first lapse of realisation that life is far less simple than the naïvety of childhood makes it seem. They'd been married for 14 years. My mother at that point was unemployed, and my father, who we were reliant upon, lived away; I only saw him every fortnight until I began living with him at the age of 10 permanently. It took an emotional toll on all of us, especially with my mother bringing home a different boyfriend every month and the introduction of my dad's girlfriend as being a "part of the family". That early experience served as a real eye-opener and helped me mature in some ways.

So why did my younger sister become the wild child whilst me and my older sister remained reserved? I can only pin it down to having lived with my mother not as long (she's a year younger than me), and her having associated herself with different social cliques and valuing popularity and social status to academic success. She's not abhorrently stupid, but her lack of intelligence is compensated by her social life (or so she claims :wink:).

So, my advice to you is, even if you yourself were spoilt and had a paradisical upbringing, emphasise the importance of education and good manners, "force" her to take up a hobby that she can benefit from in the long term, but most importantly, put her before all else and make her feel loved. A lot of children turn out bitter and spiteful because they lack a close bond with either of their parents, and are perhaps subconsciously neglected when the parent(s) prioritise other things over their child; having the ability to confide in my mum and knowing she'd offer her non-judgemental support regardless, put me in a healthier mindset whilst both at home and school.

As I mentioned before, I used to go to church as a child, and even had my Holy Communion, but due to my father being an Atheist and having to live with him past the age of 10, I essentially "converted", if you will, to Atheism. But my reason for doing so was not due to my father lecturing me on his beliefs, but rather after thoughtful contemplation of which side of the argument convinced me most. I am, in retrospect, glad that I had both Theistic and Atheistic parents; it allowed me to gain insight into more than just one perspective and allowed me to decide for myself what I believe in, whilst keeping all the Christian values that I had learnt with me.

I have naturally terrible depth perception, so any kind of sport is not in my favour whatsoever. I also lack sufficient charisma to even possess a degree of stage presence (really selling myself here, huh?)

However, my mother "forced" me and my 2 siblings to start learning how to play the piano when I was at around age 6/7, which I continued until I was 10 (reached around grade 3). I am really thankful that she "forced" (I say forced when really I was just reluctant due to laziness) to pursue an instrument. I have wanted to resume playing for a long time, and ought to pester my dad into reassembling the piano again :smile: I would love to learn how to play acoustic guitar (another instrument my older sister was forced to learn, but not me, damnit).

I've been unable to get involved in volunteering due to the stress of this year's workload, but for the summer I plan to volunteer for the RSPCA at a cat shelter :smile: if I had greater intellectual capacity and wasn't squeamish, I would have likely pursued veterinary science since I really love animals.

Also, this wasn't on the list but I enjoy literature greatly (especially poetry!) and have even had a go at writing my own; I posted one on here not too long ago, if you can find it.

I do think in a few decades time, the nature of teenage romance will be entirely different—I mean, you only have to go back as far as the 1970s/80s to see promiscuity as taboo. Arguably it still is, but I've seen cases where it's pretty much idolised. However, I do agree that right now, it's every parent's worst nightmare :frown: my parents are fortunate I'm not a wild child...

Sorry I've written quite a novel there, but there you go. Hope the answers suffice and thanks for asking. :smile:

Original post by ChickenMadness
I made an AMA when I was hit by a car :cool:

And another one because I'm best dancer in da club :cool:

Are you jelly?

Yeah well..... I dropped my most fire mixtape of '06 whilst I was still hospitalised :cool:

yea son get BEAT
Original post by Kiytt

Yeah well..... I dropped my most fire mixtape of '06 whilst I was still hospitalised :cool:

yea son get BEAT

Well I got hit while I was on my rollerblades and I landed on my feet and used to momentum to pro skate back onto the pavement from the middle of a roundabout. Beat that :cool:

Spoiler

Reply 38
Original post by Imperion
Should have seen them coming! :biggrin:

Well, that was truly an answer no one would expect lol I didn't know the seagull could do both :eek:

Hahaha Deal or No Deal. It takes a great deal of courage to watch that :tongue:

Taffy, tough-y, tough, is your rabbit tough? :tongue: And the name reminds me of toffees :rofl: Well, congratz on having him that long! I've never had a pet get past it's 5th birthday - either got lost or died :colonhash:

Your sister grades are hella impressive! And don't worry, you're supposed to answer the questions your style :smile:

Final question - if you were to be given two things that you'd use in a desert AND a resort. What would you pick? Only 2! :mwuaha:

Oh my god that pun..... even Noel Edmonds would be disgraced at that

The reason for his name is actually quite sad; when we went to the farm to take him home, he had a babby sister just like him, which we found out had died a few days after taking him home. We still hadn't named him, but we wanted to honour his sister (but obviously couldn't use her name since it was female); so instead, we chose the brand of rabbit food they fed her, hence 'Taffy'. :smile:

Bacon and a bread roll. If you're telling me I need more than that to live then you haven't lived yet.
Original post by Kiytt
Oh my god that pun..... even Noel Edmonds would be disgraced at that

The reason for his name is actually quite sad; when we went to the farm to take him home, he had a babby sister just like him, which we found out had died a few days after taking him home. We still hadn't named him, but we wanted to honour his sister (but obviously couldn't use her name since it was female); so instead, we chose the brand of rabbit food they fed her, hence 'Taffy'. :smile:

Bacon and a bread roll. If you're telling me I need more than that to live then you haven't lived yet.

What? Are you saying I can't make up pretty puns? :colonhash:

That's a creative way to name a pet. Better than the cliche ones imo :tongue:

Bacon and bread roll :rofl: Why didn't I think of that? I expected something like a coat and a motorcycle but I guess that's just me :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest