The Student Room Group

English RUINING MY LIFE

I'm doing single English (4700) its a combination of language+literature i had to do it because i came late to school and had no choice because i was behind on coursework. Will this english ruin my chances of doing medicine or pharmacY etc
Reply 1
Original post by basicallydua
I'm doing single English (4700) its a combination of language+literature i had to do it because i came late to school and had no choice because i was behind on coursework. Will this english ruin my chances of doing medicine or pharmacY etc

I shouldn't think so :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Neuth
I shouldn't think so :h:
so do u think I can still do medicine in the future with just a single english?
Reply 3
so do u think I can still do medicine in the future with just a single english?

You don't need English at all, so yes :smile:

EDIT: Sorry, I've just realised you're probably studying for GCSEs :redface:
You will need them separately, I'd imagine (however it may be best to ask the universities - some may be less strict than others and let you get away with it).
If a University has on its website something like "A in English Language" as a requirement, you would not meet this.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Do you mean at GCSE level or A Level??
Because if its GCSE then you certainly need English Language (english literature isn't really looked upon)
Remember medicine is really competitive, they usually require A* or A in English!
Reply 5
Original post by kxylah
Do you mean at GCSE level or A Level??
Because if its GCSE then you certainly need English Language (english literature isn't really looked upon)
Remember medicine is really competitive, they usually require A* or A in English!
what if i get an A* in english language and not to english lit
Reply 6
what if i get an A* in english language and not to english lit

Thats fine, but to be on the same side you at least need an A or possibly a B in english literature for medicine. For something like pharmacy you'd get away with a C.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending