The Student Room Group

Bad A Level Subject Combination

Hi guys,

I am currently doing CIE A Level. The subjects I take are Physics, Chemistry and Math due to certain restriction in my college.

I am interested in Accounting & Finance, I afraid that my chances is quite slim for this kind of science combination especially for the RS Universities. Please advise.
Reply 1
I advise you to do better research of the entry requirements for A+F.
Reply 2
Original post by vela1
I advise you to do better research of the entry requirements for A+F.

I do realise most of them do state they don't require any particular subject except an A in Math. I do notice that most of the successful applicants do take Economics. I don't have any Social Science subjects currently.

My main interest is A+F, if my A level subjects combination is not helping, I will consider Law if the chances of getting an offer is higher.

Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by KevB
I do realise most of them do state they don't require any particular subject except an A in Math. I do notice that most of the successful applicants do take Economics. I don't have any Social Science subjects currently.My main interest is A+F, if my A level subjects combination is not helping, I will consider Law if the chances of getting an offer is higher.Thanks

http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/prospectus/subject/accounting-finance/entry-requirements/
^ entry requirements for Bath, a top uni for A+F.

Seeing as you struggled to do that, I don't think A+F is for you. The career requires you to use iniative.
Reply 4
Original post by vela1
http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/prospectus/subject/accounting-finance/entry-requirements/
^ entry requirements for Bath, a top uni for A+F.

Seeing as you struggled to do that, I don't think A+F is for you. The career requires you to use iniative.

Yes, I knew that my subjects are under the desirable subject list. I checked all the stalking page as well.

I was told they don't prefer applicants with all Science subject. This is my concern here.
Reply 5
Original post by KevB
Yes, I knew that my subjects are under the desirable subject list. I checked all the stalking page as well.I was told they don't prefer applicants with all Science subject. This is my concern here.

Your subjects are fine, don't worry about it. A+F isn't that competitive either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending