The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Unit 6 Physics ~ 14th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by takis123
Ok so, the %D was 18% found by (7.8-6.63)/6.63 and for the volume question you should have added their uncertainties: 4+0.1 so that you find the %U of the volume of the metal to be (4.1/15)x100%=27%>10%

You are using percentages on top of an absolute value and multiplying by 100 to get a percentage from a percentage. I highly doubt thats correct. You would need to convert to an absolute uncertainty first.
Original post by thebrahmabull
Ii spent too much time at the start and really messed up my graph. Couldnt even calculate the gradient. For the planks constant my value came 17.8%. I couldnt also answer the one about why the % d for volume of metal is more than 10%. What did you guys write. Well I can count -6 right there. I wish 90% comes around 32 or something!

Mine came 17.9 :biggrin:
Original post by chhhhelsie
Mine came 17.9 :biggrin:

mine came to 19.9 percent...btw where was the optical pin used in the mass spring oscillation question?
Original post by chhhhelsie
How should the set square diagram be drawn ?The one where u measure the diameter using set square and metre rule?

I'm not sure what had to be done...but what i did was that i placed the ruler and used the set squares on the opposite ends...my main reason as to why i did that was to ensure that the ruler is kept straight.
Reply 44
Original post by hussein.aliasger
I'm not sure what had to be done...but what i did was that i placed the ruler and used the set squares on the opposite ends...my main reason as to why i did that was to ensure that the ruler is kept straight.

oooh i did that too. It's wrong though. :/
Reply 45
I got this picture from another thread. Think this is how it was supposed to be done.
Reply 46
Original post by Nid03
I got this picture from another thread. Think this is how it was supposed to be done.

Ahhh sh*t that does look better :/ I didnt do that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending