The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon_98
It depends on whether the question was in radians/degrees..right? Plus the range of values.- Surely you'd need the full question in order to work it out..¿

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can use a cast diagram for both :smile:
Original post by mrchemistry
You can use a cast diagram for both :smile:

Ahh right, I think our teacher uses a different method. -Thanks for explaining. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who here does M1? If so how you feeling about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Ahh right, I think our teacher uses a different method. -Thanks for explaining. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries! I just feel the cast diagram is the easiest. Basically you know how it's 0, 180, 270, 360...change those to 0, 0.5 pi, pi, 3/2pi, 2pi, and then work out values as normal :biggrin:.

If you want me to go through any example, i don't mind! :smile:
Original post by Anon_98
Oh my gosh- ikr! Haha!- so irritating. But its then usually a lot of marks so maybe its worth all the effort. Probably sound so lazy bahahah! People reading this thinking- "Oh my- effort to type numbers into a calculator"
Ahh right!- Thats strange hm bc English questions are so long and its like elaborating about the word "white" for almost a decade ahah!(I apologise if it has changed since GCSE lol)..but statistics gets so incredibly boring I agree. Probability is the absolute worst lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's literally what I did in my English exam yesterday 😂 nope it hasn't really changed from GCSEs 🙈 and yes probability is the worst! Don't mind a simple two way table or a tree diagram but nah Idont fancy a Venn diagram no thanks 😂
Original post by frozo123
Who here does M1? If so how you feeling about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am. M1 is easy what do u think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by studentwiz
use CAST diagram sin^-1(0.8) = 53.1 and 180-53.1...=126.9

Oooooooooooh thank you so muuuuuuch! Ahhhh, how you doing with C2? Anything that's not known well?
Original post by El-Presidente
I've got like 71+ on the last few papers I've done and I've not seen anything like it. The hardest thing and most silly thing I've seen is two 8 mark questions (Two papers) where they wanted you to find the area of something between two lines (Obviously integrating gives you the area between a curve and the x axis). So you had to treat the whole stupid thing as a square and work it out separately (It took ages, basically).

I might have spotted it sooner in an exam, I've been revising all day so braindead :P It's one of those if you don't spot it - you're done - on the C2 paper I took last year I was one of the only people to spot you had to use Pythagoras twice to solve a particular question, most of my friends who got As on C2 couldn't do it and I only got 69 UMS. You either spot these dumb things or you don't. If they did ask it, it's one of those questions that would force down the 100 UMS I think to below 75.

Yh last year it was 74 for 100UMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
It depends on whether the question was in radians/degrees..right? Plus the range of values.- Surely you'd need the full question in order to work it out..¿

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was a triangle question. Like, I had to find the biggest angle and was given two sides and the area. So I had to use the area equation. Then I got 53.1 degrees. Then apparently you had to choose the biggest angle cks they're asking for the biggest angle and yeah, now I know you're meant to use the CAST diagram. I guess it's different with radians.
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
Would we ever need to find equation of a circle from 3 given points on a circumference

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have only seen edexcel do that by first getting you to prove that the line connecting two of the points is the diameter of the circle.
(Done by showing the other two lines are perpendicular to each other so the angle in a semi circle is a right angle rule applies)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zach wilkinson
what formula's do we need to learn for this exam.

Chapter 2:
Sine Rule (x2)
Cosine Rule (x2)
SOH CAH TOA
Area of a triangle

Chapter 3:
Log rules

Chapter 4:
Finding the midpoint
The distance between two coordinates
Equation of a circle

Chapter 6)
Finding the length of a sector
Finding the area of a sector
Finding the area of a segment

Chapter 7:
Number of terms formula
Formula for the sum of terms
Infinity rule

Chapter 10:
The two identities

Chapter 11:
Trapezium rule

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone find C2 june 2014 (01) paper hard?

Q4 - transformation of graphs. Draw sin(x) first and then think about what sin(x-30) looks like in relation to that graph. It may help to think about going from y = x to y = x - 30.

Q8 - Cosine rule.
As I struggle with C2 do you think I should do a past paper with all my formulas and notes next to me first so I can see what I do and don't understand, or shall I just try one without?
Original post by usmanzubair
Did anyone find C2 june 2014 (01) paper hard?

I sat that exam, it was a bit more challenging than the previous ones.
Original post by Columbo97
D1?

Yeaaah
Original post by SeanFM
I sat that exam, it was a bit more challenging than the previous ones.

And your UMS score was?
Original post by usmanzubair
And your UMS score was?

90. :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending