The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE SPANISH -15th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by Amy Hickman
I doubt it will be because thats almost half marks which is ridiculous for an A*

It's been that low before in January 2012, when 25 was an A*. I remember doing that past paper for a practice.
Original post by zc555
It's been that low before in January 2012, when 25 was an A*. I remember doing that past paper for a practice.

Ahh yes I remember doing that one as well- it was only about 26/45 for the reading if I remember right!
Original post by littleheron
Really? I thought he wanted someone who likes camping and has a love for the country side. I thought he add 'mi mascota' at the very end just to trick us?

I think that was the trick - he said he wanted someone who loved the countryside, not necessarily someone who liked camping. Then he went on to say he wanted someone who liked pets ('mascota').
Original post by Serenium
I think that was the trick - he said he wanted someone who loved the countryside, not necessarily someone who liked camping. Then he went on to say he wanted someone who liked pets ('mascota':wink:.

That was what I thought
Original post by kirsty123456
Well that was a ridculoudly hard exam..

Well you cant expect the highest grade to be half marks, maybe an A but even thats pushing it...
Reply 205
Has anyone made the unofficial mark scheme for the reading exam?
Original post by zc555

Firstly, that was 2012, this is 3 years later, education is harder, besides GCSEs were set to be generally harder this year.

Secondly, i remember doing that listening and that was ridiculously hard, our whole class was like wtf... compared to that i feel as if this one was better..
Anyone else swoon over Jamie in the listening paper?
Reply 208
Here's the unofficial mark scheme if anyone wants to have a look http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3330365
That's my A* out the window.
I had to send a really old speaking because they lost my newest one. So I sent two A*, an A and a B.
I think I got borderline A/* in listening.
If I got the same in reading what could I get?
If I got 117 out of 120 on the controlled assessments, and a B/A on the listening what would I need on the reading for an A or A* overall? I found both tests quite tricky
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 211
If I got 101/120 in my controlled assessments then how much out of 205 do I need for a b?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zulq
If I got 101/120 in my controlled assessments then how much out of 205 do I need for a b?

Posted from TSR Mobile

When they calculate your overall grade, your raw mark (101) is converted into UMS out of 180 so that's 152/180. You need 210/300 for a B so to get a B you would have had to get anything above a D in those exams yesterday
Original post by Rup1999
When they calculate your overall grade, your raw mark (101) is converted into UMS out of 180 so that's 152/180. You need 210/300 for a B so to get a B you would have had to get anything above a D in those exams yesterday

Is it possible to get an A if my coursework is 106 marks out of 120?
Reply 214
I got A/A* in all my speaking and writing controlled assessments and found the exams yesterday really hard. What would I need to get in the reading and listening to get an A* & then an A overall?
Reply 215
I got A star in all my coursework ,what do I need to get for an A star ?
Did you guys just find the listening hard,because i found the reading hard as well.

The questions and the format they give this year, is so different compared to the previous years!

I normally get As, but now i think for both, i never even get those grades! :confused:
Reply 217
Original post by Amy Hickman
Firstly, that was 2012, this is 3 years later, education is harder, besides GCSEs were set to be generally harder this year.

Secondly, i remember doing that listening and that was ridiculously hard, our whole class was like wtf... compared to that i feel as if this one was better..

True, but everyone in that class found that paper pretty easy, the lowest mark was 26/40 which was an A*. We all thought this years listening was a lot harder than that listening. Anyone, everyone's different, I'm sure you got a good grade in that if you found it easier. :smile:
Reply 218
Original post by Rup1999

How do you calculate the UMS?
Original post by adonbilivit10
guys ik all the topics
i always use to get C and D but now i get A* in both reading and listening
I got A* overall in coursework

How did you improve so drastically?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending