The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

we need to see the paper to find out! :tongue:
Original post by Rit101

WOAHHHHHHHH you have the paper!!!!!!!!!!!! omg can you please put the whole thing up so someone can make an unofficial mark scheme! please!!
Original post by vincentvangogh
WOAHHHHHHHH you have the paper!!!!!!!!!!!! omg can you please put the whole thing up so someone can make an unofficial mark scheme! please!!

So is the answer 14 because 'overall' would imply the final temperature recorded minus the initial temperature? I don't even know?
Original post by adapttochangelad
So is the answer 14 because 'overall' would imply the final temperature recorded minus the initial temperature? I don't even know?

yeh- i think it is, looking back at it now :frown:
Can you put the paper up since you have it? It would help alot of us out and someone can make an unoffical mark scheme ������
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 11Jason11
The question asked for the Total energy change, and they put "total" in bold letters. So in order to work out the energy change for that reaction, you do the place where the reaction ended takeaway the starting point. I can't remember what I put, but I think I put 14.

^^agree with this

It said total in pretty sure, so why would they even bother finishing adding the graph if we weren't meant to read off the end

I can tell I made loads of stupid mistakes which is typical of me 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would it have been right to say he would have seen effervescence or fizzing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
Would it have been right to say he would have seen effervescence or fizzing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I flopped that question I think that's fine what you wrote
Original post by GCSEs-2015
Is it only me who feels that they flopped c3 :frown:
I'm really upset at the moment knowing that I definitely got a few 1 mark/2 mark questions wrong :frown:

I feel the same I think I also messed up on bio and chem was just a struggle ffs
I can make an unofficial markscheme if someone gives the paper or pics of it !
It asked for the overall temperature increase, the graph started at 18 and ended at 38, then it went down.

Since it's asking for the overall increase, it'd be the difference between the lowest and highest point, since the part where it goes down from 38 is a decrease.
Original post by Miss.Unknow
What do you think the grade boundaries are this year guys??
what's an A and what's a B?

For unit 2 chemistry for the past 3 years, the grade boundaries have varied from 26 to 30 for a B and from 35 to 39 for an A.
Biology and Chemistry A* grade boundaries? A range of answers would be great because obviously some people are going to find them harder than others.
So here is basically the breakdown of all the grade boundaries for the 2 units of biology and chemistry over the last few years, hope this helps :smile:

CHEMISTRY GRADE BOUNDARIES
Unit 2 =
2012 - 20, 29, 39 (C, B, A)
2013 - 18, 26, 35, 44 (C, B, A, A*)
2014 - 21, 30, 39, 48 (C, B, A, A*)

Unit 3 =
2013 - 28, 34, 40, 44 (C - A*)
2014 - 29, 35, 41, 47 (C - A*)

BIOLOGY GRADE BOUNDARIES
Unit 2 =
2012 - 22, 28, 35, 42 (C - A*)
2013 - 24, 31, 38, 45 (C - A*)
2014 - 20, 26, 33, 40 (C - A*)

Unit 3 =
2013 - 21, 27, 33, 36 (C - A*)
2014 - 28, 33, 38, 43 (C - A*)
Original post by chloe.rc
So here is basically the breakdown of all the grade boundaries for the 2 units of biology and chemistry over the last few years, hope this helps :smile:

CHEMISTRY GRADE BOUNDARIES
Unit 2 =
2012 - 20, 29, 39 (C, B, A)
2013 - 18, 26, 35, 44 (C, B, A, A*)
2014 - 21, 30, 39, 48 (C, B, A, A*)

Unit 3 =
2013 - 28, 34, 40, 44 (C - A*)
2014 - 29, 35, 41, 47 (C - A*)

BIOLOGY GRADE BOUNDARIES
Unit 2 =
2012 - 22, 28, 35, 42 (C - A*)
2013 - 24, 31, 38, 45 (C - A*)
2014 - 20, 26, 33, 40 (C - A*)

Unit 3 =
2013 - 21, 27, 33, 36 (C - A*)
2014 - 28, 33, 38, 43 (C - A*)

Thanks! Would anyone else agree that this year's biology paper wa harder than any of the previous past papers?!
Original post by DavidF44
It asked for the overall temperature increase, the graph started at 18 and ended at 38, then it went down.

Since it's asking for the overall increase, it'd be the difference between the lowest and highest point, since the part where it goes down from 38 is a decrease.

I was thinking that. I can't see why people have seen it as an energy level graph because I don't think it is? :/
Original post by neil20143
I was thinking that. I can't see why people have seen it as an energy level graph because I don't think it is? :/

Definitely not an energy level diagram; for a neutralisation reaction the reaction would have been exothermic.. if it were an energy level diagram the line would have gone down; instead it went upwards on our graph.
(edited 8 years ago)
what did you guys get for the 6 marker on group 1's methods and group 2's methods for the 6 marker c3 ?
Is there an unofficial mark scheme to wither of these papers to see how I did? (Roughly?)
Hey i see you are preparing for your exam which is coming up soon. So i am guessing you did the 2014 june b1 exam. I was just wondering if you still remember the 6 marker question from that exam because i think i am doing a mock exam on it pretty soon. So please let me know what it was if you still remember it. Good luck with your exam. 👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending