The Student Room Group

Edexcel C2 20th May 2015 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mrchemistry
No worries! I just feel the cast diagram is the easiest. Basically you know how it's 0, 180, 270, 360...change those to 0, 0.5 pi, pi, 3/2pi, 2pi, and then work out values as normal :biggrin:.

If you want me to go through any example, i don't mind! :smile:

Ahh right, I dont know lol- we usually use a diagram, so draw the sin graph then use it to work out values haha. Oh thank you! But I think its best I dont confuse myself considering the exam is a couple days away. :smile:Although if I get stuck then I'll be sure to ask. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SeanFM
Q4 - transformation of graphs. Draw sin(x) first and then think about what sin(x-30) looks like in relation to that graph. It may help to think about going from y = x to y = x - 30.

Q8 - Cosine rule.

Im really sorry thats Q5, Logs one!!

and for Q8 how could we use cosine rule, they are asking for perimeter of segment
Original post by lulupixie
That's literally what I did in my English exam yesterday 😂 nope it hasn't really changed from GCSEs 🙈 and yes probability is the worst! Don't mind a simple two way table or a tree diagram but nah Idont fancy a Venn diagram no thanks 😂

Haha!- 😂Ah good, and lol ew tree diagrams.😂Let the whole paper just be filled with pmcc stuff..and I'll be très happy. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 343
hey guys, does anyone know if arsey will do the model answer thing like he did for c1???thanks
Original post by usmanzubair
Did anyone find C2 june 2014 (01) paper hard?

Everyone in my school did, i didnt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Haha!- 😂Ah good, and lol ew tree diagrams.😂Let the whole paper just be filled with pmcc stuff..and I'll be très happy. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes! Would be great :biggrin: Just plugging some numbers into a calculator makes me happy :biggrin: Im doing some C2 past papers, should I first do one with my notes so I can see what I do/don't understand then revise those topics then do a past paper perhaps without notes? :smile:
Original post by sandy5621
Oooooooooooh thank you so muuuuuuch! Ahhhh, how you doing with C2? Anything that's not known well?

don't know about not well known maybe,

sin thetha = cos(90-thetha)
cos thetha = sin(90-thetha)

log rule in different bases.
yes! Would be great :biggrin: Just plugging some numbers into a calculator makes me happy :biggrin: Im doing some C2 past papers, should I first do one with my notes so I can see what I do/don't understand then revise those topics then do a past paper perhaps without notes? :smile:

Haha, ah right- hm...yeah, I would bc it'll help with understanding where your weaknesses are. I think I'm going to do the same and there are loads more that you're able to do without notes. :smile: Yep do that! - sounds great. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
As I struggle with C2 do you think I should do a past paper with all my formulas and notes next to me first so I can see what I do and don't understand, or shall I just try one without?

Yes, that's exactly what you should do haha. Hopefully it'll help, :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Haha, ah right- hm...yeah, I would bc it'll help with understanding where your weaknesses are. I think I'm going to do the same and there are loads more that you're able to do without notes. :smile: Yep do that! - sounds great. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks ill try it :smile: You will probably hear from me later with 1000 questions for you haha ill try to do them :P
thanks ill try it :smile: You will probably hear from me later with 1000 questions for you haha ill try to do them :P

Wooh! Okay good, yep that's fine- I'll be happy to help. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you! :smile:
Original post by userxx990
Im really sorry thats Q5, Logs one!!

and for Q8 how could we use cosine rule, they are asking for perimeter of segment

How do you find the perimeter of the segment?

For 5, it looks like part a is a calculation question.

For b, after changing 2^(x+1) into something in terms of 2^x, you could change the 4^x into something in terms of 2^x as well and see where that gets you.
Original post by Anon_98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick question, if it says use integration to find the total area of the finite region shown shaded and am given y=x(x+4)(x-2) do i still need to integrate it or just put the numbers in for the region?
I am. M1 is easy what do u think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find it the hardest module and I'm A2 maths :/
Original post by frozo123
I find it the hardest module and I'm A2 maths :/

just do past papers you'll get the hang of it. :biggrin:
just do past papers you'll get the hang of it. :biggrin:

I still don't
know how to do the questions I got wrong on last year's exam lol
Quick question, if it says use integration to find the total area of the finite region shown shaded and am given y=x(x+4)(x-2) do i still need to integrate it or just put the numbers in for the region?

Sorry its late!- I believe you would have to use integration bc its asking for the total area? I may be wrong but that's what I'd do- expand the brackets then use -4 and 2 as upper and lower limits right? -I think I'm wrong. Ahh :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Sorry its late!- I believe you would have to use integration bc its asking for the total area? I may be wrong but that's what I'd do- expand the brackets then use -4 and 2 as upper and lower limits right? -I think I'm wrong. Ahh :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

no problem! i did something and ill look on the mark scheme and see what its like :smile: are you any good at logs? I just don't understand them! :/

This is what catches a lot of people out
the points where it crosses the x axis are -4,0,2
you can't just put the limits as 2 and -4
you have to solve for 0 and 2 and -4, 0

so 1. multiply out brackets
2. integrate
3. find area for each limit
4. add :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending