The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

How easy it was for you to make friends?

Hi everyone, I will be attending Coventry from this September and to those who already have been studying here for a few months/year or longer I want ask how easy it was for you to make friends/acquantances, what did you do and things like that? I assume joining societes is one way to do that but what else?
Reply 1
well depends on how deep your pockets are???
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Original post by jlsmp
well depends on how deep your pockets are???

So you're saying the main factor in finding friends is to have money?
Reply 3
Original post by BlackTeardrop
So you're saying the main factor in finding friends is to have money?

Thats mostly correct
Easy, freshers week is basically designed to force you into making friends. Especially the seminar group meetings, i met most of my friends in there where we had to do icebreaking stuff. After that you just sort of naturally gravitate towards some: going out not even needed. I didn't go out once in the whole year and i got a few really close friends.
Reply 5
Original post by BlackTeardrop
Hi everyone, I will be attending Coventry from this September and to those who already have been studying here for a few months/year or longer I want ask how easy it was for you to make friends/acquantances, what did you do and things like that? I assume joining societes is one way to do that but what else?

Hi there,
I've been at Coventry University for 4 years now, and I've made lots of friends from all areas of life.
Making friends at uni is easy! It can take some longer than others, but try to remember everyone's in the same boat as you, and you're all probably as nervous as each other. I made friends within a few hours of being there, because you'll want to get to know everyone you're living with first of all, and then as soon as your course starts they'll be a few days or so of ice breaking activities designed to get you all mixed up, speaking to each other, and working together. As you say, sports teams and societies are also an awesome way to make friends. Don't panic, you'll meet tonnes of likeminded people at university, and you'll also probably make friends with a few people that will really surprise you! That's the great thing about university, there's such a wide variety of people here, all it takes is time, patience, and a little bit of confidence to say 'hi!'.

- Josh
HOWDY!
I am a graduate of Coventry University.
I live in Coventry and did not stay in halls and I made plenty of friends :biggrin: . There are so many opportunities to meet people, on your course, by joining societies or sport clubs, even just on facebook groups or a night out. You just need to put yourself out there! You can be anyone you want to be, you will be fine trust me! :biggrin:
Thanks for the replies everyone, it's really comforting to hear :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest