The Student Room Group

EY School Leaver Programme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
guys, which unis does this program offer?
Reply 81
Hi guys! Sorry to hear some of you are having a lengthy time with application process. Since my last post on the 28th of October, (Which was where I was waiting for a call to reinstate my application after initially being rejected in July), I have had my online tests through to being offered the job on December 4th. At the AC there were people from other countries so if your waiting on AC dont worry!! If your worried go give them a call, I called so much during my application but it always made me feel better and they were always very helpful and nice.
For anyone who is wondering Ive been offered a place on the Bristol Assuranacllce School Leaver Programme, just waiting for my offer pack and contract to come in the post now.
Good luck everyone! Youll be fine just be confident and dont worry!!
Hi there,

I am Amit from RateMyAppprenticeship.

It is great you are considering to embark on the EY School Leaver Programme. Our website ratemyapprenticeship.co.uk has a whole host of reviews of those who have undertaken these schemes including the application process. Have a look here: http://www.ratemyapprenticeship.co.uk/company-profile/9/ey

Any questions feel free to ask.

Amit

Original post by Brighon8
Hi all, the application date for EY's School Leaver Programme 2015 (ie you start in Sept 2015) has just opened - 1st July 2014. Nice and early!
Information and application form (you need to click on the "offices" links on right hand side) can be found here

www.ey.com/UK/en/Careers/Students/Schools---EY-School-Leaver-programme

Looks like you need min. 300 UCAS points, and B's (or higher) in Maths or English GCSE (or equivalents) and is a strong alternative to the classic University route.

Any thoughts or experiences on this route out there?
You wont get that kind of stuff until the month before you start.
Reply 84
My process started in October with the on line tests - then once to Birmingham for an interview, then to Manchester for a Group Assessment, then back to Birmingham for another more in depth interview. I heard back within 2 days of the last interview that I had been offered a place. I have already received my contract and offer pack - starting at Birmingham in assurance in Sept 2015 - so start to finish mid October - early December, now begins the long wait and cooking lessons as I need to move to Birmingham!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Email97
My process started in October with the on line tests - then once to Birmingham for an interview, then to Manchester for a Group Assessment, then back to Birmingham for another more in depth interview. I heard back within 2 days of the last interview that I had been offered a place. I have already received my contract and offer pack - starting at Birmingham in assurance in Sept 2015 - so start to finish mid October - early December, now begins the long wait and cooking lessons as I need to move to Birmingham!

May I ask what grades you got for GCSE and AS thanks! Wabr to apply for this but think its too late
Reply 86
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
May I ask what grades you got for GCSE and AS thanks! Wabr to apply for this but think its too late

Hi, I got Maths A*, English A, Physics A*, Chem A*, Biology A, Geography A, Spanish A*, Drama A, Further Maths D, Latin C all at GCSE and my AS is a bit weird as I did my A2 Maths in one year - got an A and this year I am doing Further Maths AS & A2 in one year, Physics C (but dropped that now) and I am doing Business & Management Pre U so no AS. To be honest, as long as you have enough to qualify the basic needs it is all about the tests and how well you handle things at interview. The results are not the be all end all. You should still apply as there are still vacancies for the 2015 intake.
Original post by Email97
Hi, I got Maths A*, English A, Physics A*, Chem A*, Biology A, Geography A, Spanish A*, Drama A, Further Maths D, Latin C all at GCSE and my AS is a bit weird as I did my A2 Maths in one year - got an A and this year I am doing Further Maths AS & A2 in one year, Physics C (but dropped that now) and I am doing Business & Management Pre U so no AS. To be honest, as long as you have enough to qualify the basic needs it is all about the tests and how well you handle things at interview. The results are not the be all end all. You should still apply as there are still vacancies for the 2015 intake.

Thanks man, predicted AAA but not sure if I'm good enough academically.
Original post by Email97

Also do you know if you van do this like a gap year while applying to uni and then go off to uni after while sponsored by EY or once you've signed the contract must you stick to it
Also do you know if you van do this like a gap year while applying to uni and then go off to uni after while sponsored by EY or once you've signed the contract must you stick to it

You could but it would be a very bad idea. They threaten in your contract to make you repay the fees if you leave during it however, in reality it's unlikely. They most certainly will not sponsor you to go to uni. You would be asking the 3rd largest professional services organisation to pay for you to go to uni. Great for you but what value is in it for them? Furthermore, it won't look good on your cv when a recruiter see's you've breeched a contract in your first proper job. If you want a gap year scheme, go to Deloitte.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anybody aware of the procedures for overseas applicants?
Reply 91
Thanks man, predicted AAA but not sure if I'm good enough academically.

Err AAA is fantastic! I am predicted A* A and possibly A or B for the last one, even a B would be fine - just apply, it could be worth it!
Original post by imlikeyes
Is anybody aware of the procedures for overseas applicants?

Hi imlikeyes,

People from overseas can apply to our School Leavers Programmes of course but will have to have the right to work in the UK.

Please email me at [email protected] if you have any further question on this specific topic.

Best,

Georgie
Hi all,

So made it through to the final interview, after having passed the AC.

Anyone else at the same stage? I am aware that it is more of a formality and a 'final personality check' but that doesn't ease the nerves to be honest.

I don't like it when people bang on about pass rates but could it be safe to say that now I have made it this far, I am quite likely to be made an offer - so long as I don't do something really silly in the final interview?

Thanks for reading, any responses would be much appreciated, feel free to PM me also if you have any questions Re the application process; i'd be more than happy to help.
Original post by SN1H0ll0WMAN
Hi all,

So made it through to the final interview, after having passed the AC.

Anyone else at the same stage? I am aware that it is more of a formality and a 'final personality check' but that doesn't ease the nerves to be honest.

I don't like it when people bang on about pass rates but could it be safe to say that now I have made it this far, I am quite likely to be made an offer - so long as I don't do something really silly in the final interview?

Thanks for reading, any responses would be much appreciated, feel free to PM me also if you have any questions Re the application process; i'd be more than happy to help.

Just go in and do your best. If your good enough, they'll give you the job. Partner interview is very dependent on how the partner likes you. After all, it's their business at the end of the day. Your right in saying you have a good chance as they don't waste an hour of valuable chargeable time on someone who has no chance of getting the job. By the Sane token, they wouldn't waste an hour of valuable chargeable time on someone who was going to get the job before the interview started.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toejoeson
Just go in and do your best. If your good enough, they'll give you the job. Partner interview is very dependent on how the partner likes you. After all, it's their business at the end of the day. Your right in saying you have a good chance as they don't waste an hour of valuable chargeable time on someone who has no chance of getting the job. By the Sane token, they wouldn't waste an hour of valuable chargeable time on someone who was going to get the job before the interview started.

Posted from TSR Mobile

*same token

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toejoeson

Thanks ToeJoeson, what you said made sense. I passed the interview and have been offered a job for Assurance in London.

Anyone seeking help, inbox me and i'd be more than happy to help.

Anyone else received offers for Assurance in London?
(edited 9 years ago)
Thank you to everyone who has replied to this thread, was a great help for me throughout the process and would not have been able to succeed and obtain an offer without your help! I have just been given a place in Tax in London. It is probably very late in the process now and likely not many people left still going through the stages, however if anyone is and wants to ask me anything then feel free to fire away!

I have a question for anybody else who has already had an offer, or is already on the programme. In one of the forms you have to fill in it asks you whether you want a standard notebook PC or a 'subnotebook'. The only description it gives of it is that it is smaller and lighter than the standard, but how much so? If it is say 13.3" rather than standard 15.4" then I would choose sub but I don't want to choose it and then turn up to find I've got a tiny little 10" netbook type thing!

Thanks again for all your posts!:smile:
Original post by edwah011
Thank you to everyone who has replied to this thread, was a great help for me throughout the process and would not have been able to succeed and obtain an offer without your help! I have just been given a place in Tax in London. It is probably very late in the process now and likely not many people left still going through the stages, however if anyone is and wants to ask me anything then feel free to fire away!

I have a question for anybody else who has already had an offer, or is already on the programme. In one of the forms you have to fill in it asks you whether you want a standard notebook PC or a 'subnotebook'. The only description it gives of it is that it is smaller and lighter than the standard, but how much so? If it is say 13.3" rather than standard 15.4" then I would choose sub but I don't want to choose it and then turn up to find I've got a tiny little 10" netbook type thing!

Thanks again for all your posts!:smile:

Hi, I have my partner interview next week and am hoping I'm successful in securing a place😊
Well done on securing yours!! I was wondering what the terms of the contract are, such as time off/holiday leave and as you were saying being given a laptop? Of your own?
Original post by miss-a-l
Hi, I have my partner interview next week and am hoping I'm successful in securing a place😊
Well done on securing yours!! I was wondering what the terms of the contract are, such as time off/holiday leave and as you were saying being given a laptop? Of your own?

Hi there :smile:

Good luck with your interview, they're mostly a formality and whoever you have will try their best to make it relaxed!

In London (so it will vary if you applied to another office) my guideline salary was £21,500, holiday is 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays, working hours 35 a week 7 hours a day, so 5 days a week and you're granted an hour for lunch every day :smile: and yes you are given a laptop by them to use for work however details of what the laptop is I haven't a clue!

there are many more benefits and perks you get, too many to go into detail on here! but all will be outlined in your offer pack if you get through :smile:

Good luck and fingers crossed I'll see you at the induction event!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending