The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1940
Nobody expects anything than a Rollins win, but I reckon he may drop the belt at EC if there's a Chamber match. Champions have notoriously bad records in that structure.
Anyone read JTG's new book? https://payhip.com/b/7E0j

One story is: An agent told JTG that the match was going to be something like 70/30 offense in Cm Punks favour. he kept trying to meet up with punk to plan some spots out and punk kept brushing him off telling JTG to just listen to him in the ring. JTG was like 'nah bro' and then punk told him it didn't matter the match was going to be a squash anyway. JTG is like 'oh HELL nah. who says?' punk replied that vince made the call, so JTG doesn't believe it and marched to gorilla position and asks Vince if the match is a squash and Vince says no.

JTG then purposely stayed in Punks submission finisher for as long as possible before tapping out and they had to edit it to make it shorter haha. Here's the match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBE9Gqej4VU You can tell its been edited and Punks screaming 'tap out tap out'.

Book is all about heat JTG got over his time there. Obviously its still only one side of the story but is interesting nevertheless. I'd love to watch a wrestlers court take place. Wonder who's in charge now that Undertaker isn't on the road. Kane's too nice a guy, Big Show has a temper so i'm not sure. Maybe Orton or one of the agents?

@Mackay Who do you see Rollins losing too? Personally, I think he'll at least have a rematch with Lesnar at Summerslam. Reigns would still be hated if he won now so it's too early for him. Orton has had the belt lots recently as has Cena. Ambrose obviously won't win it so I don't really have any idea who could beat him at EC. Who do you think will win money in the bank.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1942
Original post by Excuse Me!

Book is all about heat JTG got over his time there. Obviously its still only one side of the story but is interesting nevertheless. I'd love to watch a wrestlers court take place. Wonder who's in charge now that Undertaker isn't on the road. Kane's too nice a guy, Big Show has a temper so i'm not sure. Maybe Orton or one of the agents?

@Mackay Who do you see Rollins losing too? Personally, I think he'll at least have a rematch with Lesnar at Summerslam. Reigns would still be hated if he won now so it's too early for him. Orton has had the belt lots recently as has Cena. Ambrose obviously won't win it so I don't really have any idea who could beat him at EC. Who do you think will win money in the bank.

Not surprising. Punk's been very questionable during his life, let alone his stint in WWE. I love Punk, but nobody - not even his biggest fans - can deny he doesn't paint himself in glory at times.

I'd say that Kane and Show are the elder statesmen on the road, with younger members also looking up to Cena and Orton given their lengthy runs at the top. By all accounts, Batista is wonderful to work with and really nice (aside from that notorious Booker T fight) to starting wrestlers, too.

I think everyone would largely be OK to work with bar JBL really.

The MITB contract needs to be Wyatt's. For sure.
Seth vs lesnar is probably the main event at Summer slam but would any one else not want to see Orton win at payback and face lesnar instead. The viper vs the beast would make for a better match imo. I remember there was a chance of it happening when cena and Orton fought at hell in a cell to get a shot at lesnar and title at rumble, I was well pumped at the chance of it happening. But it's fairly obvious seth will win at payback. Predictability makes me hate wwe at times.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1944
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Seth vs lesnar is probably the main event at Summer slam but would any one else not want to see Orton win at payback and face lesnar instead. The viper vs the beast would make for a better match imo. I remember there was a chance of it happening when cena and Orton fought at hell in a cell to get a shot at lesnar and title at rumble, I was well pumped at the chance of it happening. But it's fairly obvious seth will win at payback. Predictability makes me hate wwe at times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Orton's shelf-life as a face is incredibly brief, though. It always tires too easily and he ends up having to turn twisted again. With a severe lack of heels, I can see either Ambrose or Orton turning at Payback. Maybe the latter, and realigning with the Authority.
Original post by Mackay
Nobody expects anything than a Rollins win.

A Shield reunion is possible, and I'm always expecting/hoping Lesnar makes a return earlier than expected
Reply 1946
Original post by ozzyoscy
A Shield reunion is possible, and I'm always expecting/hoping Lesnar makes a return earlier than expected

A Shield reunion to take down the Authority? I can see it, but not while Rollins is so hot as a heel with the belt.
Original post by Mackay
A Shield reunion to take down the Authority? I can see it, but not while Rollins is so hot as a heel with the belt.

No, a Shield reunion to join the authority. Ambrose is a heel, Reigns hasn't caught on as a face, neither are as hot as they were as a group, and it's strange how Ambrose has been put in the match for no real reason.
Reply 1948
No, a Shield reunion to join the authority. Ambrose is a heel, Reigns hasn't caught on as a face, neither are as hot as they were as a group, and it's strange how Ambrose has been put in the match for no real reason.

Shield was so over as faces before that, though. I can't see any other way than the three of them babyfaces. A turn to join Steph and HHH would basically turn the latter two face, rather than the other way around. The only option would be for them to attack Bryan - but that won't, and can't, happen.
Original post by Mackay
Shield was so over as faces before that, though. I can't see any other way than the three of them babyfaces. A turn to join Steph and HHH would basically turn the latter two face, rather than the other way around. The only option would be for them to attack Bryan - but that won't, and can't, happen.

The thinking behind also is that it'll make Lesnar vs Rollins more even and your typical storyline. Lesnar is basically face, Rollins is obviously heel. Although I'm not sure the concept of face and heel exist that much these days. You'd just have two sides with a lot of power colliding and everyone chanting 'this is awesome'.

Plus The Authority need some muscle.
Reply 1950
The thinking behind also is that it'll make Lesnar vs Rollins more even and your typical storyline. Lesnar is basically face, Rollins is obviously heel. Although I'm not sure the concept of face and heel exist that much these days. You'd just have two sides with a lot of power colliding and everyone chanting 'this is awesome'.

Plus The Authority need some muscle.

I actually agree about the heel/face thing. That's an interesting point. Kayfabe is dead, and heel/face could be following it...
Original post by Mackay
I actually agree about the heel/face thing. That's an interesting point. Kayfabe is dead, and heel/face could be following it...

It's more that both have evoled.

Kayfabe has changed into using dirtsheets and real life. If you remember, in 2008 a match was supposed to be Edge vs Triple H vs Jeff Hardy, but on the day WWE released a legit statement saying Jeff had been found unconscious in his hotel room. People were worried this was another Eddie situation, but then he suddenly appeared during the match and won the title. I think that was a test run and they continued doing it. Like Lesnar supposedly destroying a locker room a few years ago, or walking out on Raw due to contract disputes, I think that was just to put over how much of a beast and an ******** he's supposed to be.

Heel/face might be getting close to how it was in the Attitude Era, where face/heel was contextual. The Dudleys, Road Dogg, Hardcore Holly would be face one week, then heel the next, depending on what they were doing. On each card there'd usually be a couple of heel vs heel matches and the crowd would choose who to support.
Personally, I do like the whole heel / face thing but it has been somewhat thwarted by fans appreciating wrestlers just for their talent. I hate that fans chant "this is awesome" at anything and everything nowadays as it ruins it somewhat. I've been watching some of the 2008 pay per views and Matt Hardy and MVP get louder pops then 3/4 of the roster nowadays and they were fighting over the US championship back then.

Crowds don't give as good reactions anymore, only a few get a good pop every time.

I think Lesnar should still be a heel just for how dislikeable he is. He really doesn't care about the fans yet he's still cheered.

Rollins is doing a good job as heel, mostly boos unless he's doing one of his big moves.

I think its too early for a Shield reunion and Orton turning doesn't make any sense. I see Kane trying to help Rollins but Rollins not taking the help too kindly and he attacks Kane. Kane will take his anger out on the other competitors as he doesn't want to lose his job helping Rollins to win but will turn face on raw when Rollins is trying to push him around and the authority aren't there. If he loses it it will also be due to Kane or perhaps Lesnar but I don't see Lesnar coming back yet.

I think it will be Kane vs Seth Rollins at Elimination chamber with Kane making the match on raw.
Ambrose in the elimination chamber for IC title.
Reigns vs Orton in a no.1 contenders match.
Reply 1953

Heel/face might be getting close to how it was in the Attitude Era, where face/heel was contextual. The Dudleys, Road Dogg, Hardcore Holly would be face one week, then heel the next, depending on what they were doing. On each card there'd usually be a couple of heel vs heel matches and the crowd would choose who to support.

I could buy into that now. Would suit Orton, Ambrose, Ryback etc.
Anyone gonna stay up to watch tonight?
Uup
Lana NXT Promo before she was Rusev's manager is so weird to watch: http://rutube.ru/video/128ba601f86678165a95ea794e1dcb31/

But she's charismatic so if she does split from Rusev I think it will work but I have no idea what good reason they can give to change her accent.
Original post by Excuse Me!
Lana NXT Promo before she was Rusev's manager is so weird to watch: http://rutube.ru/video/128ba601f86678165a95ea794e1dcb31/

But she's charismatic so if she does split from Rusev I think it will work but I have no idea what good reason they can give to change her accent.

Also, brain damage from a Rusev kick. She ends up believing she's a pro-American girl, runs around in a bikini with a water pistol and washing people's cars.
(edited 8 years ago)

Also, brain damage from a Rusev kick. She ends up believing she's a pro-American girl, runs around in a bikini with a water pistol and washing people's cars.

Predictions pls, you're usually good at this

Quick Reply

Latest