The Student Room Group

Psychology, Biology, English, Geography, which to drop?

Scroll to see replies

Hahahaha yes they are! Ahhh I see so maybe not a degree in domestic science for you then? 😝 it sounds good, do you like the city life then too, because that could influence your choices I.e. Geography would involve lots of outdoor study if taken on as a degree etc, english would be good because then it basically enables you to go into any field e.g. Law, finance,consultancy, a grounding for further study in e.g. A science etc , it would basically give a huge range of opportunities
Reply 21
Original post by katemate98
My best friend does geography and she is so good at it, she found the skills paper quite tricky though. Yeah I always hear people saying they forgot case studies in geography exams! :tongue: Sounds horrible to me, I never did geography past year 9 haha.

Yes I thought the psychology paper was really nice! I reckon unit 2 will be a harder paper though because of that. Wht do you hope the 12 marker will be?

The 12 marker was Bowlby wasn't it?
I actually predicted that because in the 2014 paper they said something like;
'psychology students were revising for Bowlby, suggest one memory improvement they could use' or something, so then I had a light bulb moment and thought that this was a subliminal clue that we need to revise for Bowlby as they'll put it on the year after!
Turns out true! Most people think i'm crazy tho
Reply 22
My best friend does geography and she is so good at it, she found the skills paper quite tricky though. Yeah I always hear people saying they forgot case studies in geography exams! :tongue: Sounds horrible to me, I never did geography past year 9 haha.

Yes I thought the psychology paper was really nice! I reckon unit 2 will be a harder paper though because of that. Wht do you hope the 12 marker will be?

I'm not sure for unit 2, hopefully not Stress:/
Reply 23
Original post by Summer Celeste
Hahahaha yes they are! Ahhh I see so maybe not a degree in domestic science for you then? 😝 it sounds good, do you like the city life then too, because that could influence your choices I.e. Geography would involve lots of outdoor study if taken on as a degree etc, english would be good because then it basically enables you to go into any field e.g. Law, finance,consultancy, a grounding for further study in e.g. A science etc , it would basically give a huge range of opportunities

I like the idea of studying Law! but when it comes to going against time and writing English essays in exams I don't do as well!
Also, Law is very competitive and they require As at the very least I think :frown:

Yeah I wanna study in a city uni as I like the night life. Leeds is both city and campus. The whole family situation being over there is one of my main influences though.
Original post by TimmyR
The 12 marker was Bowlby wasn't it?
I actually predicted that because in the 2014 paper they said something like;
'psychology students were revising for Bowlby, suggest one memory improvement they could use' or something, so then I had a light bulb moment and thought that this was a subliminal clue that we need to revise for Bowlby as they'll put it on the year after!
Turns out true! Most people think i'm crazy tho

Yeah (great 12 marker). I meant for the unit 2 exam.
Haha omg clever thinking! Maybe that was just a coincidence but we'll just believe that it was intentional :cool:
Reply 25
Yeah (great 12 marker). I meant for the unit 2 exam.
Haha omg clever thinking! Maybe that was just a coincidence but we'll just believe that it was intentional :cool:

No idea. I think they're usually stress essays, which I'll dread.
just gonna spend all weekend watching psych videos now so I'm prepared haha
Original post by TimmyR
I'm not sure for unit 2, hopefully not Stress:/

I actually don't think it will be on stress because it's been that for the past few exams now. Maybe abnormality or Milgram. But don't listen to a word I say, I'm not known for predicting essays like you! :wink:
Reply 27
I actually don't think it will be on stress because it's been that for the past few exams now. Maybe abnormality or Milgram. But don't listen to a word I say, I'm not known for predicting essays like you! :wink:

I hope it's Milgram!! we spent like 3 weeks just doing Milgram all lesson.
My teachers predict it'll be him too.
Original post by TimmyR
I like the idea of studying Law! but when it comes to going against time and writing English essays in exams I don't do as well!
Also, Law is very competitive and they require As at the very least I think :frown:

Yeah I wanna study in a city uni as I like the night life. Leeds is both city and campus. The whole family situation being over there is one of my main influences though.

Yeah law is competetive, but not all universities require As, don't worry I can't either but we were told that as long as what you write is good it doesn't matter how long it is. Ahh ok I would probably find that as an influence for me but I don't live on mainland UK so it doesn't bother me as much because either way I will be far from family.
Original post by TimmyR
I hope it's Milgram!! we spent like 3 weeks just doing Milgram all lesson.
My teachers predict it'll be him too.

He'll probably come up in some sort of question even if it's not the essay.
Easy essay for evaluation points coz it's got all the ethical issues as well (although they came up on unit 1 so maybe not) :/
Reply 30
Original post by Summer Celeste
Yeah law is competetive, but not all universities require As, don't worry I can't either but we were told that as long as what you write is good it doesn't matter how long it is. Ahh ok I would probably find that as an influence for me but I don't live on mainland UK so it doesn't bother me as much because either way I will be far from family.

Are you an international student?
and what grades do you need to study Zoology?
Reply 31
He'll probably come up in some sort of question even if it's not the essay.
Easy essay for evaluation points coz it's got all the ethical issues as well (although they came up on unit 1 so maybe not) :/

I hope so. I find outlining and evaluating him pretty easy.
Original post by TimmyR
Are you an international student?
and what grades do you need to study Zoology?

No we still class as UK because we are Channel Islands , it ranges from A*A*A* all the way down to E depending on the uni.

Quick Reply

Latest