The Student Room Group

Latin as 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by lucyx
Okay, thanks. So you don't need to comment on the actual Latin?

No need for actual latin quotes, no.
Reply 121
Original post by Lamminj
No need for actual latin quotes, no.

Lovely, thanks! Good luck!
Original post by lucyx
How are you feeling for the lit? :s-smilie:

Although I prefer the language, I kinda have comfort in the lit in the fact that at least there are no set answers, you can form your opinions right there and then....
How about you?
Reply 123
Original post by Azarashi
Although I prefer the language, I kinda have comfort in the lit in the fact that at least there are no set answers, you can form your opinions right there and then....
How about you?

I waaaay prefer the language, but you do have a point!
I just feel majorly underprepared for the lit and I'm not really sure what to expect :s-smilie:
Original post by lucyx
I waaaay prefer the language, but you do have a point!
I just feel majorly underprepared for the lit and I'm not really sure what to expect :s-smilie:

Don't be! There is a set of questions just like the Language....
There will be a few comprehensions 2-3 markers, 15 marks translations, 6-8 marks style/content questions and 10 marker review questions :smile:
Reply 125
Don't be! There is a set of questions just like the Language....
There will be a few comprehensions 2-3 markers, 15 marks translations, 6-8 marks style/content questions and 10 marker review questions :smile:

Okay that is so helpful! Didn't have much idea about the structure of the exam so you've clarified a lot :smile:
Good luck! (Or, as a non-Latinite friend said to me on Monday, 'goodus luckus!')
Just to check - for the 10 marker you need 5 points (minimum) and them explained for 10/10?
Reply 127
my suggestion is dont take it if you want a job
Original post by lucyx
Okay that is so helpful! Didn't have much idea about the structure of the exam so you've clarified a lot :smile:
Good luck! (Or, as a non-Latinite friend said to me on Monday, 'goodus luckus!')

goodus luckus to you too mi amica :>

Original post by z1ggystardust
Just to check - for the 10 marker you need 5 points (minimum) and them explained for 10/10?

I would go with 5 points yes ^^

I would go with 5 points yes ^^

Cheers - good luck on Monday! :smile:
What texts are you guys doing? I think the teachers chose, so we probably arent doing the same ones.
Anyone doing Cicero de imperio and Ovid metamorphosis (the story on Pentheus?)
Good luck everyone! Hate the fact there are no mocks, but think the exam will be okay, since as long as you put something down you may get marks (since the mark schemes tend to be like history; more on opinions and intelligent points, than any actual checklist)
Original post by Daedalys
What texts are you guys doing? I think the teachers chose, so we probably arent doing the same ones.
Anyone doing Cicero de imperio and Ovid metamorphosis (the story on Pentheus?)
Good luck everyone! Hate the fact there are no mocks, but think the exam will be okay, since as long as you put something down you may get marks (since the mark schemes tend to be like history; more on opinions and intelligent points, than any actual checklist)

I believe we are all doing the same texts :smile: The exam board chooses the texts for each year.
If you know the text well, the exam will be okay!
Really? Oh my teacher lied then! She said her superior (the head of Latin - who's nearly retired) chose them! Ah, smart to blame our dislike of Cicerio on someone else!
Man I hate Cicero - especially the final 5 sections, I really hope they dont come up!
Can anyone help me with what sort of points you would make for 10 markers on both Cicero and Ovid as I have no idea what sort of thing they are looking for?
Example points would be greatly appreciated x
Original post by Daedalys
Really? Oh my teacher lied then! She said her superior (the head of Latin - who's nearly retired) chose them! Ah, smart to blame our dislike of Cicerio on someone else!
Man I hate Cicero - especially the final 5 sections, I really hope they dont come up!

Same! Metamorphoses was so much more fun, and easy to comment on...I'm struggling to find points on Cicero to answer 8-10 marks

Original post by Sophleah
Can anyone help me with what sort of points you would make for 10 markers on both Cicero and Ovid as I have no idea what sort of thing they are looking for?
Example points would be greatly appreciated x

Comment on the themes throughout the whole text :smile: Try looking up a mark scheme
Do you translate 'imperator' as general or commander when talking about Pompey??
I am so scared for this exam- i'm scared it will all go wrong ._.
Reply 137
Original post by Sophleah
Do you translate 'imperator' as general or commander when talking about Pompey??

I always do general... They're probably both okay - anything but emperor! :P
Reply 138
Original post by tilly5798
I am so scared for this exam- i'm scared it will all go wrong ._.

Oh my god(s) sameeee
Original post by lamminj
not bad, i'm just preparing some ovid 10 marker answers now.

On another note who at ocr thought having greek lit and latin lit on the same day would be a good idea

who

i know its so stupid they want to kill us ffs

Quick Reply

Latest