The Student Room Group

P1 edexcel exam 20th may 2015

I am really scared for this exam all because I honestly dislike physics and i find it very hard to concentrate when revising for a topic I dont like. Any tips and ideas for the kind of questions you might think will come up in the exam??

Scroll to see replies

I think Herschel and Ritter may come up as a six-marker or maybe the star cycle
Reply 2
Original post by Dudeyoufugly
I think Herschel and Ritter may come up as a six-marker or maybe the star cycle

Im good with Herschel and Ritter...dont even wanna talk about the star cycle aha
Original post by leemz
Im good with Herschel and Ritter...dont even wanna talk about the star cycle aha

same tbh, i think the best six marker would be dangers/ uses of EM waves
Reply 4
same tbh, i think the best six marker would be dangers/ uses of EM waves

Yeah, thats pretty easy too...could easily get full marks on that one
Original post by leemz
Yeah, thats pretty easy too...could easily get full marks on that one

have you done B1 and C1
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
have you done B1 and C1

Yeah, how did you find the question about crude oil fractions on the C1 paper? I wrote what i thought was right even though i was doubting myself.
Original post by leemz
Yeah, how did you find the question about crude oil fractions on the C1 paper? I wrote what i thought was right even though i was doubting myself.

there wasn't much you could write on it tbh, i wrote that petrol is obtained near the top of the cooling tower so it is easier to ignite, is less viscous, has a shorter carbon chain and a higher boiling point than bitumen. And it is used as a fuel for cars. Bitumen is obtained near the bottom of the tower so it is harder to ignite, has a higher boiling point, is very viscous and has a longer carbon chain than petrol and its uses inc: road surfacing and roof surfacing.
Reply 8
there wasn't much you could write on it tbh, i wrote that petrol is obtained near the top of the cooling tower so it is easier to ignite, is less viscous, has a shorter carbon chain and a higher boiling point than bitumen. And it is used as a fuel for cars. Bitumen is obtained near the bottom of the tower so it is harder to ignite, has a higher boiling point, is very viscous and has a longer carbon chain than petrol and its uses inc: road surfacing and roof surfacing.
Oh i missed out the points about the boiling point differences but I wrote pretty much the same thing
Original post by leemz
Oh i missed out the points about the boiling point differences but I wrote pretty much the same thing

i think that would get you pretty much all the marks; how'd you find biology
Reply 10
i think that would get you pretty much all the marks; how'd you find biology
I hope so, Biology was really good..How did you find it?
Original post by leemz
I hope so, Biology was really good..How did you find it?

it was quite good aside from the calculation question :s-smilie: and infertile male w/ CF question because we haven't learnt that. What did u get for the tablet question in the C1 paper?
Reply 12
it was quite good aside from the calculation question :s-smilie: and infertile male w/ CF question because we haven't learnt that. What did u get for the tablet question in the C1 paper?

Honestly, i dont think they should give us calculations in Biology? For the tablet question I chose the crushed one because it took the least time to react completely with the acid and I put another reason but I cant remember
Original post by leemz
Honestly, i dont think they should give us calculations in Biology? For the tablet question I chose the crushed one because it took the least time to react completely with the acid and I put another reason but I cant remember

same, how about the question before it, tablet B or C?
Reply 14
same, how about the question before it, tablet B or C?

I think i selected C.
Original post by leemz
I think i selected C.

i did B im not sure if its right, how did u find the other 6-marker
Reply 16
i did B im not sure if its right, how did u find the other 6-marker

Which one??
Original post by leemz
Which one??

the last one; on alloys
Reply 18
the last one; on alloys

Oh i mentioned that they stop them from sliding over each other so this makes it more stronger. I also said that the stronger, the longer it lasts etc
Original post by leemz
Oh i mentioned that they stop them from sliding over each other so this makes it more stronger. I also said that the stronger, the longer it lasts etc

basically the same i added a diagram

Quick Reply

Latest