The Student Room Group

6 year old girls MMA fighting!?

What sort of sicko parents would put their young, innocent little girls in that position and make them bash another little girl? I don't know what you think but I'd like to bash the crap out of their parents. It's unnatural, abusive and exploitative. Just wrong! You might disagree.

Reply 1
There is nothing wrong, They were both willingly there and willingly went for each other each round,
But in no way should they be kicking and punching without a head-guard at that age, its ridiculous.

Most of the fight was Ground work, jiujitsu, nothing harmful.

but that shouldnt be allowed as no head guard.
LOL. What does having to be a girl have to do with it? Would you react differently if it was a boy? If she likes MMA, then let her do it. MMA is a diciplinary art and those who do it aren't just bashing each others heads in, it takes skill, technique and training and ALOT of dedication. If this lil girl is happy doing it, then let her do her thing- she's not hurting anyone (apart from the opponent ofcourse)

* Also I agree she should be wearing head gear to protect her.
Original post by mistel
They were both willingly there and willingly went for each other each round

They're 6 years old.
lmao she cried. What did they expect?
Reply 5
Original post by TheTruthTeller
LOL. What does having to be a girl have to do with it? Would you react differently if it was a boy? If she likes MMA, then let her do it. MMA is a diciplinary art and those who do it aren't just bashing each others heads in, it takes skill, technique and training and ALOT of dedication. If this lil girl is happy doing it, then let her do her thing- she's not hurting anyone (apart from the opponent ofcourse)

* Also I agree she should be wearing head gear to protect her.

They are 6 years old so their parents are putting this into their heads. Do you think a 6 year old girl wants to be kicked and punched? Do you think it's right for parents to enthuse their kids into such a thing just because they are into it. Obviously the kid sees it on tv because the dopey parents ware watching it at home. The kid wants to please her parents and the parents tell the kid how great it is and how good they are. It's sad for the girls who get played into that position. The parents say the kid wants it so they go along with it but really it's the parents who want it. Instead, the parents should be thinking, "It's best not to expose my child to that, especially at 6 years of age!"

You ask what does having to be a girl have to do with it? Are you really that obtuse and insensitive not to know girls and boys are a little different? The clip is of girls. To see 6 year old girls fighting like that it's unnatural and I find it cruel for both of them. If you don't know why, I can't help you. Are you really that insensitive? Boys in the playground are rougher and more boisterous. I would not dream of putting a 6 year old boy in a cage fight either. Such brutal one-on-one combat scenario with cheering spectators needs more mental and physical maturity. By the looks on the girl's faces, they don't even know why they're doing it! The retarded parents put them in there. Judo, Aikido maybe at 6 if taught responsibly to kids that young, but MMA no way Jose. It's not a case of what the 6 year old wants!!!!! It is up to the parents to be wise and nurturing!!!!!!! They're the one's with life experience and mature judgement. That's parenthood.
Reply 6
Original post by Marco1
They are 6 years old so their parents are putting this into their heads. Do you think a 6 year old girl wants to be kicked and punched? Do you think it's right for parents to enthuse their kids into such a thing just because they are into it. Obviously the kid sees it on tv because the dopey parents ware watching it at home. The kid wants to please her parents and the parents tell the kid how great it is and how good they are. It's sad for the girls who get played into that position. The parents say the kid wants it so they go along with it but really it's the parents who want it. Instead, the parents should be thinking, "It's best not to expose my child to that, especially at 6 years of age!"

You ask what does having to be a girl have to do with it? Are you really that obtuse and insensitive not to know girls and boys are a little different? The clip is of girls. To see 6 year old girls fighting like that it's unnatural and I find it cruel for both of them. If you don't know why, I can't help you. Are you really that insensitive? Boys in the playground are rougher and more boisterous. I would not dream of putting a 6 year old boy in a cage fight either. Such brutal one-on-one combat scenario with cheering spectators needs more mental and physical maturity. By the looks on the girl's faces, they don't even know why they're doing it! The retarded parents put them in there. Judo, Aikido maybe at 6 if taught responsibly to kids that young, but MMA no way Jose. It's not a case of what the 6 year old wants!!!!! It is up to the parents to be wise and nurturing!!!!!!! They're the one's with life experience and mature judgement. That's parenthood.

Girls practising self-defence is normal, if you are against it, i feel sorry that your so feminine, how would you know what the 6 year old wants?
Maybe she gets bullied and her parent got her into combat, the same as Paige Vanzant.
Reply 7
Original post by mistel
Girls practising self-defence is normal, if you are against it, i feel sorry that your so feminine, how would you know what the 6 year old wants?
Maybe she gets bullied and her parent got her into combat, the same as Paige Vanzant.

MMA is about destroying your opponent in combat. It's not about self defence buddy. They are better ways of teaching a kid self defence, and I reckon six is too young anyway. You call me feminine! The comment illustrates you miss the point. There's nothing manly about being desensitized to violence. It's about integrity and having the courage of your convictions, having self restraint and some mastery of one's egotistical propensity towards self gratification.
I've done boxing and other martial arts including army unarmed combat and been in plenty of civilian fights over the years, so I'm not speaking as a naïve stranger to combat and physical violence. I wouldn't put my 6 year old daughter anywhere near the ignorant adults who pay money to watch 6 year old girls try and bash the crap out of each other. It stinks. It's a descent into animalistic barbarity and the kids are the manipulated victims, providing kicks for adult spectators. Maybe you think being a man is getting a rise out of hearing parents shouting, "Punch her, punch her!" and watching kiddies crying?
(edited 8 years ago)
arrerst thenm2!!!!!!11
Reply 9
Original post by Marco1
MMA is about destroying your opponent in combat. It's not about self defence buddy. They are better ways of teaching a kid self defence, and I reckon six is too young anyway. You call me feminine! The comment illustrates you miss the point. There's nothing manly about being desensitized to violence. It's about integrity and having the courage of your convictions, having self restraint and some mastery of one's egotistical propensity towards self gratification.
I've done boxing and other martial arts including army unarmed combat and been in plenty of civilian fights over the years, so I'm not speaking as a naïve stranger to combat and physical violence. I wouldn't put my 6 year old daughter anywhere near the ignorant adults who pay money to watch 6 year old girls try and bash the crap out of each other. It stinks. It's a descent into animalistic barbarity and the kids are the manipulated victims, providing kicks for adult spectators. Maybe you think being a man is getting a rise out of hearing parents shouting, "Punch her, punch her!" and watching kiddies crying?

If you have fought you would know MMA is the best form of self-defence. Now shh if your bs stories about how you are a fighter.
Reply 10
Original post by mistel
If you have fought you would know MMA is the best form of self-defence. Now shh if your bs stories about how you are a fighter.

I'm no show off. You insulted me with rubbish so that's the only reason I mention that about myself and that was being sparingly modest. I'm nothing special anyway and it's funny how you even take it for showing off. I think it' pretty normal. You show your inexperience by your stupid assumption of someone you don't even know. And if you knew anything at all about self defence, you wouldn't say MMA's the best. It's not even the best form of attack!! Why is this? It's blinding ****ing obvious in both cases. It drags on like a wrestling match with comparatively weak strikes to some other systems. You sound like an armchair warrior to me. Are you shaving yet?
Original post by mistel

Self-defence is the best self-defence. MMA is, surprise, 'mixed martial arts', and yes martial arts is good for self-defence. But in this context people say 'MMA' to mean 'competitive fighting'.

This isn't exactly sparring or practising throws. it's just one kid told to destroy another kid. It's actually reminiscent of dog fighting.

Quick Reply

Latest