"all talk stopped when he spoke"
"word was taken on any subject whether it be politics or love"

Hope this helped!!!

yup thanks :smile:
Yeah Slim has come up and not the direct ending. But nvm then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mynameiskeith
Anyone else got RS and this English lit exam on the same day? -.-

Yup- I'm so annoyed that they put two heavy essay papers on the same day. They should have put RS on the same day as a science instead or something...
Reply 303
I would LOVE Candy or Curley to come up,and hoping that they do as I don't think they have come up before?
Reply 304
Original post by jjude
I would LOVE Candy or Curley to come up,and hoping that they do as I don't think they have come up before?

Posted from TSR Mobile

She was in June 2012
Original post by PixieSprinkle
Yup- I'm so annoyed that they put two heavy essay papers on the same day. They should have put RS on the same day as a science instead or something...

Yeah it's ridiculous, my hand hurt so much after the other RS exam I had the other day
Yeah it's ridiculous, my hand hurt so much after the other RS exam I had the other day

Oh my God yeah same here! My writing was almost illegible by the end of the exam- am panicking that the examiners won't be able to read some of it :frown:
Can anyone help me on how to revise I have so many notes and have done loads of revision but I don't know how to break It down into crucial points? Any help would be appreciated
Original post by 0799NCB
Can anyone help me on how to revise I have so many notes and have done loads of revision but I don't know how to break It down into crucial points? Any help would be appreciated

I'm having the exact same problem! Anyone have any tips??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LenniesRabbit

Posted from TSR Mobile

My friend and I make up random exam-style questions, such as :h:ow does the author use the setting in 'Anil' to reflect the key themes in the story? etc, and take it in turns to suggest a point you could make. I also look at past paper questions and make little mindmaps about how I could answer the question (like key quotes, ideas etc.)
Original post by jiyongtoki
in part a you should talk about the character or theme displayed in the passage you get, for example if its a passage from when Curley's wife is at the doorway, you would talk about her personally so her heavily made up face being a mask, her promiscuity, theme of loneliness if you can bring it in etc. and then in part b talk about how Steinbeck uses her to display how women in society were judged on their face, clothes and how this could be the reason behind her effort to attract attention and then talk about the whole novel from start to end, so you could include something about how even in death, she is called a 'bitch' and a 'tramp' and this displays men's attitudes to her, so in part b you can bring in more themes such as the minority group of women and their treatment from men and get quotes from when the workers discuss her.
did this make sense? I hope it helped! :smile:

Thanks a lot! Yes it did help. I always get confused with what to write in part a) and part b), but this confirmed what I need to do. I just hope that I can remember this under exam conditions, ahh!
Reply 311
Original post by LenniesRabbit

Posted from TSR Mobile
YOUTUBE-----MR BRUFF AND DOMINIC SALLES they're great help and they both have many videos focusing on aqa OMAM and AIC....good luck :smile:
Reply 312
Any good quotes + analysis on Gerald Croft in An Inspector Calls?
Oh my God yeah same here! My writing was almost illegible by the end of the exam- am panicking that the examiners won't be able to read some of it :frown:

How did you find it? I found it pretty tough not gonna lie, I was aiming for A* but I think I'll settle for an A now
How do you answer the of mice and men question a in the section B part?
my school is messed up and has not gone through the exam techniques so I have no idea how to answer it.

Thanks
Just to clarify... Who hasn't come up yet in OMAM
Reply 316
How to structure.

1) 5 mins plan at the start-- pick out 5 points, quotes and small explanations.
2) Use Point, Evidence, Explain, Link Method.-- P.E.E.L
Point= answering the question with a basic point.
Evidence= A quote from the text to back up your point.
Explain= Explain how the quote shows you are right, build up on the quote, back up your evidence.
Pick out key words, language features and tone in the quote and show how it may impact the reader.
Link= ALWAYS link the text back to your question and ALWAYS explain why the author has used this quote and what he wanted to achieve.Always include context. (e.g 1930's America was an extremely racist period to have grew up in.)

:smile::smile:
Reply 317
Just to clarify... Who hasn't come up yet in OMAM

To my knowledge Curley hasn't comeup in OMAM

I got a RS exam in june same day as my English Lang, which is 2hrs15 :frown:
Original post by 123466
How to structure.

1) 5 mins plan at the start-- pick out 5 points, quotes and small explanations.
2) Use Point, Evidence, Explain, Link Method.-- P.E.E.L
Point= answering the question with a basic point.
Evidence= A quote from the text to back up your point.
Explain= Explain how the quote shows you are right, build up on the quote, back up your evidence.
Pick out key words, language features and tone in the quote and show how it may impact the reader.
Link= ALWAYS link the text back to your question and ALWAYS explain why the author has used this quote and what he wanted to achieve.Always include context. (e.g 1930's America was an extremely racist period to have grew up in.)

:smile::smile:

Thank you . Just to make sure do you talk about the rest of the novel in the first question or are just ment to refer to the passage given cos I know we do with the second question.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending