The Student Room Group

GCSE PE Friday 15th may

Scroll to see replies

anyone doing ocr??
Reply 21
Yeah
Reply 22
Does nobody revise PE ?!
I imagine the 6 markers might be on Injuries, Diet or maybe Training Methods considering they've never come up before. Exam is really easy tbh, 10 mark multiple choice questions are usually no brainers and aside from that, if you've covered all the content, nothing suspicious comes up and the exams are pretty much the same stuff every year (aside from 6 markers). Hopefully it all goes smoothly for everyone.
Original post by GetOverHere
No worries haha c: Yeah I did, I got like 78/80 on the exam paper, full marks on my PEP and 38/40 for my 4 sports, only dropped the two in rounders because the moderator looked like he couldn't be bothered so didn't change the marks my teacher gave me, even though I managed to pull off a backhand and I managed to direct shots, which are 9 or 10 mark criteria haha. Plus we had never been taught tactics, like standing right on the edge of the box. When the girls we were playing against did that, we were all like :O wth, they're cheating xD. Long story short, we got destroyed. A group of elite male physical specimens, ruined by a group of girls xD. My pride was harmed that day.

Oh dear😂 well done though that's really good!!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The rxam was alright but i didnt revise at all...and i made some really stupid mistakes!!! Oh no :s-smilie:
The exam was hard and i didnt even finish both 6 markers properly
I found the AQA exam pretty easy, no real hard bits anyone else agree or disagree??
Reply 27
If I got 38/50 on my practical and 19/20 on my coursework what do you guys think il need for a c

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by Zulq
If I got 38/50 on my practical and 19/20 on my coursework what do you guys think il need for a c

Posted from TSR Mobile

you need something like 25 marks for a C, if on EDEXCEL, I found the exam challenging and **** knows about that last 6 marker
What were the 6 markers about? Just curious haha.
discuss circuit training and the effect of weight training on the muscular and skeletal system
Anyone do AQA here?
Original post by Stephangooner
discuss circuit training and the effect of weight training on the muscular and skeletal system

Ahh that doesn't seem too bad, to be honest.
It was so hard!! I was hoping performance enhancing drugs came up! or maybe an easier question about the body systems
Original post by NomadPrincess
It was so hard!! I was hoping performance enhancing drugs came up! or maybe an easier question about the body systems

Off the top of my head, weight training tears the muscle fibres of the working muscle that the exercise impacts upon (e.g. bicep curls target the biceps brachii). However, with the ingestion of a sufficient amount of protein in one's diet, these muscle fibres reform but are much more densely-packed. Think of a muscle like a mesh or a lattice of muscle fibres. The more layers it has, the stronger it is. Therefore, you increase your muscular strength as well as increase muscle girth.

For skeletal, the job of muscles is to pull on bones to perform movements. However, when you begin to increase the weight of what you are lifting (maybe as part of a training programme), your muscles take a toll on your bones. That's why the day after you've done exercise, you may experience DOMS, but then also an ache in one's joints or bones, etc. This, over time, results in a increase of bone density, as the body adapts in order to make the work of the increased resistance that you're forcing the body to cope with.

Obviously you'd have to write more and much more clearly and using the correct terms for what I've written, but as I said, it's off the top of my head from what I remember about PE last year.
I did Aqa GCSE PE last year. My practical was an A. I just want to warn you that the exam may have seemed easy but that means the grade boundaries are ridiculously high. I was meant to get an A* and was during mock exams but because the questions were easy last year, you had to be so specific with your answers. I ended getting a B overall and I was distraught. Just want you to be prepared for the result and warm you not make the same assumption I made as I was devastated on results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
how did you guys find the AQA paper ?
how did people find the ocr paper as i didnt like the 6 marker at the end??
i thought the edexcel paper was a gift, a few awkward multiple choice, and gymnast one was worded funny but apart from that the 6 markers were easy and i finished with 20mins left which gave me plenty of time to go over it all, normally if you had an A* in practicle and coursework youll probably need about 57/80 for an overall A* i think.
Original post by reece12345f
i thought the edexcel paper was a gift, a few awkward multiple choice, and gymnast one was worded funny but apart from that the 6 markers were easy and i finished with 20mins left which gave me plenty of time to go over it all, normally if you had an A* in practicle and coursework youll probably need about 57/80 for an overall A* i think.

Not exactly true. If one has a high A* in their PEP and practical, you'll find that one actually requires around 64 out of 80 marks for an A* overall c:

Quick Reply

Latest