The Student Room Group

GCSE PE Friday 15th may

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GetOverHere
Not exactly true. If one has a high A* in their PEP and practical, you'll find that one actually requires around 64 out of 80 marks for an A* overall c:

i got 40/40 for my practicle and 20/20 coursework ( including full marks on my analysis of performance) and then got 57 in my mock and got an overall A*, so yeah i guess if you didnt get full coursework marks then you would require a few more marks on the paper.
Original post by reece12345f
i got 40/40 for my practicle and 20/20 coursework ( including full marks on my analysis of performance) and then got 57 in my mock and got an overall A*, so yeah i guess if you didnt get full coursework marks then you would require a few more marks on the paper.

The 20/20 is the Analysis of Performance, they halve it (round it up if it's a decimal) and they add it onto your practical score to give you a score out of 50 overall. I also got 38 out of 40 in my 4 sports. I got 78/80 on both my mock as well as the real thing, and my teacher clearly showed me that I only needed 64 on the real thing in order to get an A*, but OK.
The 20/20 is the Analysis of Performance, they halve it (round it up if it's a decimal) and they add it onto your practical score to give you a score out of 50 overall. I also got 38 out of 40 in my 4 sports. I got 78/80 on both my mock as well as the real thing, and my teacher clearly showed me that I only needed 64 on the real thing in order to get an A*, but OK.

its out of 16 for your AOP and out of 4 for PEP, and how do you know you got 78 if you only sat the paper on friday?
its out of 16 for your AOP and out of 4 for PEP, and how do you know you got 78 if you only sat the paper on friday?

PEP is part of your AOP, because for the last section of the AOP asks you about your PEP. And I did the course last year, I got an A* on it. I'm in Year 12. c:
PEP is part of your AOP, because for the last section of the AOP asks you about your PEP. And I did the course last year, I got an A* on it. I'm in Year 12. c:

yeah i know that just ours got modderated as two seperate pieces of coursework, and ah i see
yeah i know that just ours got modderated as two seperate pieces of coursework, and ah i see

Fair enough, tbh. IMO the marks you get for the PEP really aren't worth the effort you expend in doing it, mine was about 7500 words long. I mean yes, if you're aiming for an A*, a good PEP is vital, but like if you're just hoping to pass the course (and you're not doing fitness as one of your 4 sports), I think you could probably do the bare minimum for it.
Fair enough, tbh. IMO the marks you get for the PEP really aren't worth the effort you expend in doing it, mine was about 7500 words long. I mean yes, if you're aiming for an A*, a good PEP is vital, but like if you're just hoping to pass the course (and you're not doing fitness as one of your 4 sports), I think you could probably do the bare minimum for it.

my pep took the best part of two months it was an nightmare for the sake of 4 marks haha, luckily fitness wasn't one of my sports, rugby performance, rugby coaching, personal survival and table tennis got me my 40 haha
my pep took the best part of two months it was an nightmare for the sake of 4 marks haha, luckily fitness wasn't one of my sports, rugby performance, rugby coaching, personal survival and table tennis got me my 40 haha

Haha I can't even remember how long it took, I mean I completed it pretty quickly but the others in our class were much slower so I had to wait for them. I did weight training (these mad gainz tho) for fitness, competitive swimming, rounders (which I dropped the two marks in because even though I played like a solid 10 on the day, the moderator was lazy so he didn't bother changing it - the week before, we were practising rounders in lesson and I remember missing like almost half of the balls I was bowled and when I did make contact I barely got it to go far, so my teacher gave me an 8. Then, on the day, I turn into Babe Ruth and I place shots, do backhands, smack it far, etc, and I still only got an 8 xD) and haha I did personal survival too!
Haha I can't even remember how long it took, I mean I completed it pretty quickly but the others in our class were much slower so I had to wait for them. I did weight training (these mad gainz tho) for fitness, competitive swimming, rounders (which I dropped the two marks in because even though I played like a solid 10 on the day, the moderator was lazy so he didn't bother changing it - the week before, we were practising rounders in lesson and I remember missing like almost half of the balls I was bowled and when I did make contact I barely got it to go far, so my teacher gave me an 8. Then, on the day, I turn into Babe Ruth and I place shots, do backhands, smack it far, etc, and I still only got an 8 xD) and haha I did personal survival too!

haha i incorporated weight training as part of my rugby coaching, hahahaha im so bad at rounders its unreal, and yeah i only chose peronal survival because it looked fun, still got a 10 tho :biggrin:
haha i incorporated weight training as part of my rugby coaching, hahahaha im so bad at rounders its unreal, and yeah i only chose peronal survival because it looked fun, still got a 10 tho :biggrin:

I sorta got coerced into doing personal survival by my teacher because apparently, since I'm a swimmer, it's much easier. I thought it'd be fun but eh, it was alright I guess. Haha yeah me too. Initially, they thought that the HELP position was horizontal/diagonally instead of vertical so I was looking like an idiot clutching a football and lying sorta diagonally in the water. They later realised it was vertical, at which point it became very easy.

Quick Reply

Latest