The Student Room Group

Riddle

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Faith.A
a towel :P

:woo: woop! that's right! :awesome:
Yay lol - Okay my turn this one is really hard but if you guys give up I'll tell you guys the answer :P

You just died and are standing in front of 2 identical doors.
However, one of them leads to hell and one leads to heaven. There is a devil guarding one and an angel guarding one,however they both look identical.
You do not know which one is guarding which door.
You want to get into heaven, and you can only ask ONE question to ONE of them. However, the angel always tells the truth and the devil always lies.
What question do you ask?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Faith.A
Yay lol - Okay my turn this one is really hard but if you guys give up I'll tell you guys the answer :P

However, one of them leads to hell and one leads to heaven. There is a devil guarding one and an angel guarding one,however they both look identical.
You want to get into heaven, and you can only ask ONE question to ONE of them. However, the angel always tells the truth and thedevil always lies.

damn im stuck :/
Original post by Faith.A

You want to get into heaven, and you can only ask ONE question to ONE of them. However, the angel always tells the truth and the devil always lies.

Ask either of the people 'If I ask the other which is the door to heaven, which will he say?' And take the other door c:

If you ask the angel, he will tell the truth and say that the devil will say the door leading to hell, so you take the other door.

If you ask the devil, he will lie, and say that the angel will say the door leading to hell, so you take the other door.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Faith.A

ask if one of the doors lead to hell?
angel would say yes, and devil no
Original post by GetOverHere
Ask either of the people 'If I ask the other which is the door to heaven, which will he say?' And take the other door c:

If you ask the angel, he will tell the truth and say that the devil will say the door leading to hell, so you take the other door.

If you ask the devil, he will lie, and say that the angel will say the door leading to hell, so you take the other door.

Whoop yes you got it right lol
Original post by kirstybecs
ask if one of the doors lead to hell?
angel would say yes, and devil no

But you already know that one of them leads to Hell- it's a matter of finding WHICH one leads to Heaven or Hell :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Faith.A
But you already know that one of them leads to Hell- it's a matter of finding WHICH one leads to Heaven or Hell :smile:

but since you already know that, by the devil saying neither leads to hell you would know that the door he's guarding goes to hell?
Original post by kirstybecs
but since you already know that, by the devil saying neither leads to hell you would know that the door he's guarding goes to hell?

Ooo that's very true too.
that one is so confusing!
Reply 30

That was a good riddle! 'get over here' its your turn (:
Original post by samboosa0
Guess this riddle. Whoever guesses the correct answer then gives their own riddle for everyone to guess.

The riddle:

"The beginning of eternity
The end of time and space
The beginning of every end,
And the end of every place."

What is it?

+1 I liked it
Original post by Faith.A
Whoop yes you got it right lol

Yay! Alright, my one...

Imagine a hardware shop. A man walks in, and he picks up an item that you can find at any hardware store. He walks up to the counter and asks, "How much for one?". He is told it will cost 20 pence. He goes away, and comes back a minute later and asks, "How much for 12?". He is told it will cost 40 pence. So, he goes away again and returns a few minutes later, telling the man behind the counter that he'll take 122. It costs him 60 pence. What item did the man buy?
I remembered another good one!

Can you tell what rhymes with moon, and could be written on a page, or on a rock for age on age, this ancient letter tell me soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
I remembered another good one!

Can you tell what rhymes with moon, and could be written on a page, or on a rock for age on age, this ancient letter tell me soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rune?
Yay! Alright, my one...

Imagine a hardware shop. A man walks in, and he picks up an item that you can find at any hardware store. He walks up to the counter and asks, "How much for one?". He is told it will cost 20 pence. He goes away, and comes back a minute later and asks, "How much for 12?". He is told it will cost 40 pence. So, he goes away again and returns a few minutes later, telling the man behind the counter that he'll take 122. It costs him 60 pence. What item did the man buy?

Is it individual door numbers?
Original post by Faith.A
Is it individual door numbers?

Yes!
Yes!

Your turn getoverhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Your turn getoverhere

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it's Faith's because she guessed mine right c: