The Student Room Group

Girl keeps inboxing me and then ignores my reply

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 20Emily1998
Do you see her often at school? If so maybe ask her then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Study leave atm so not really. I suggested meeting up and the typical avoid and ignore technique she used. Then inboxes me again...
Original post by Anonymous
Study leave atm so not really. I suggested meeting up and the typical avoid and ignore technique she used. Then inboxes me again...

Ah i see :/ doesn't she ignore your messages a lot? Maybe she's mad about something.. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks. Great input.

Ugh but she's so cute :frown:.

What's the point? You're just gonna whine and keep making excuses like you did above ^
Original post by Jared44
What's Alzheimer's? I've forgot, I'm sure I've heard of it before.

:rofl:
She didn't say no but she didn't say yes. Obviously her lack of response to my question suggested a no so I wanted to leave it there and move on. But then she inboxed me the next day (which I ignored). And she inboxed me the day after as well so that's when I thought she might actually like me. It was also her who inboxed me for our FIRST conversation. Why would she go through all this effort if she didn't like me?

Id just straight up ask her, but I don't bother waiting around so it depends if you have the balls to ask
She messages you out of boredom, but she doesn't want to meet up with you as she clearly doesn't like you that much.
It's STUDY LEAVE
stop worrying about this **** and ****ing study
Original post by Nick1sHere
Id just straight up ask her, but I don't bother waiting around so it depends if you have the balls to ask

I'm not that good with girls tbh. What should I actually say to her?

Original post by SuckMeBeautiful
What's the point? You're just gonna whine and keep making excuses like you did above ^

:rofl:

Yeah you're probably right but I'm venting :frown: I feel upset and hurt.

Original post by 20Emily1998
Ah i see :/ doesn't she ignore your messages a lot? Maybe she's mad about something.. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If she was mad then why would she keep inboxing me?
Original post by CancerousProblem
It's STUDY LEAVE
stop worrying about this **** and ****ing study

I know right. Probs not going to get the grades for Cambridge because of her.

She messages you out of boredom, but she doesn't want to meet up with you as she clearly doesn't like you that much.

That's so mean - why would she do that?
It's obvious she doesn't want to talk, so don't try to justify her actions at all to make you feel any better.
Just leave it, move on.

It is but I think she doesn't want to friend-zone you 'obviously' and may be fearing she's gonna lose you as a friend... just what it looks like to me

Thats what a lot of girls do, if she doesn't like you it either hasn't occurred to her that you might like her or she just doesn't care and is using you

Like most have said here, either ask her where you two stand or move on
Original post by Jared44
It's obvious she doesn't want to talk, so don't try to justify her actions at all to make you feel any better.
Just leave it, move on.

It is but I think she doesn't want to friend-zone you 'obviously' and may be fearing she's gonna lose you as a friend... just what it looks like to me

Original post by Nick1sHere
Thats what a lot of girls do, if she doesn't like you it either hasn't occurred to her that you might like her or she just doesn't care and is using you

Like most have said here, either ask her where you two stand or move on

What shall I do the next time she inboxes me then? Ignore her?

Block her, or just ignore her. What's your preference?

Ignore her but not for a day or so; just keep ignoring her.
Original post by Jared44
Block her, or just ignore her. What's your preference?

Ignore her but not for a day or so; just keep ignoring her.

I'll try to ignore her but I'm too weak. I'm head over heels for this girl. The moment I saw her at the start of the year I fancied her tbh.
I'll try to ignore her but I'm too weak. I'm head over heels for this girl. The moment I saw her at the start of the year I fancied her tbh.

It's going to be hard but just remember this probably isn't going to develop into anything romantic
I remember these sort of people from back in the heyday of MSN Messenger. They basically just start up LOADS of conversations with lots of different people at the same time, like a bulk message of "Hey" and carries the most interesting conversations, which explains your 6 hour talks on some days and then again, 1 line convos on others.

My friend used to do that, essentially really easy way to become popular. But then again I find find it annoying having loads of messages flying at me constantly, as I have a busy job and short breaks.

Quite honestly, just ignore her messages, but make sure you note them as "Seen" (Facebook/Whatsapp), then maybe she will either stop or confront you about ignoring her, in which has you can reply with "Missed me?"
Reply 37
Just don't reply to her, let the betch wonder

Posted from TSR Mobile
She just wants your attention, I knew a girl like this. If she's going to avoid meeting up then that should be a big indicator she isn't genuinely into you. Stop now before you get even more attached.
Original post by Shellshocker93
I remember these sort of people from back in the heyday of MSN Messenger. They basically just start up LOADS of conversations with lots of different people at the same time, like a bulk message of "Hey" and carries the most interesting conversations, which explains your 6 hour talks on some days and then again, 1 line convos on others.

My friend used to do that, essentially really easy way to become popular. But then again I find find it annoying having loads of messages flying at me constantly, as I have a busy job and short breaks.

Quite honestly, just ignore her messages, but make sure you note them as "Seen" (Facebook/Whatsapp), then maybe she will either stop or confront you about ignoring her, in which has you can reply with "Missed me?"

I like her more than she likes me tbh. I deserve better. I developed a massive crush on her overtime and all I wanted to do is make her happy and this is how I get repaid. Whatever. I deserve better.

Quick Reply