The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mary562
I did offer them but they spoke at the front door. Why?

That is very kind and welcoming of you sister maryam but be careful

Because if you just invited some random guys into your house then that would be a little strange i think

I would never do that. Because i always hear dodgy stories about groups of people going round peoples houses and talking to them about religion and whatnot and then they just burgle you or something

But i live in the ghettos

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by husband material
That is very kind and welcoming of you sister maryam but be careful

Because if you just invited some random guys into your house then that would be a little strange i think

I would never do that. Because i always hear dodgy stories about groups of people going round peoples houses and talking to them about religion and whatnot and then they just burgle you or something

But i live in the ghettos

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Husband Material" - I understand.
Imām Ja`far al-Ṣādiq's [as] Sermon about Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)

Here is a Ṣaḥīḥ (Authentic) ḥadīth from the Ahlul Bayt (عليهم* السلام), where al-Imām Ja`far al-Ṣādiq describes the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) in detail, from his creation, characteristics, merits, qualities, and manners, to his virtues and noble lineage:

17- Muḥammad b. Yaḥyā,[1] from Aḥmad b. Muḥammad b. Īsā[2], from al-Ḥasan b. Maḥbūb[3], from Isḥāq b. Ghālib[4]: from Abī ‘Abd Allāh (عليه*السلام) in (one of ) his special sermons, where he mentions the state of the Prophet :undefined: and the Imams [as], and their characteristics:

"Their great misdeeds and repugnant actions did not prevent our lord -due to his forbearance, sedateness, and affectionateness - to choose for them the most beloved of his prophets to him and the most honourable upon (/to) him, Muhammad son of ‘Abd Allāh (صلى* الله* عليه* وآله* وسلم). In the most essence (ḥaumat) of reverence, honour and grandeur is his birth[5], In the tree (or origin,[Dawmah]) of munificence is his lineage (maḥtiduh)[6].

His noble descendants (Forefathers) and their commendable acts and virtues are not mixed with (any) impurity, nor was his lineage mixed[7]

, nor was his description unknown to the people of knowledge (‘ilm)[8]. The prophets have heralded about him in their books, and the scholars have spoken of him in their characteristics (of him), and the sages (al-ḥukamā’) have anticipated him in their descriptions. Courteous, such that none can come close to[9],

a Hashemite (hāshimī)[10] that none (Of the Hashemites) can equal to, an Abṭaḥī[11], that none can surpass him in exaltedness. His character is shyness[12], his nature is generosity. (he was) Created on the burden of Prophethood and its ethics, and imprinted (or inborn) upon the qualities of Messengership and it's Aḥlām[13],

Until the reasons of the measures of Allah ended with him[14] to its times, and by the order of Allah his decree passed on him to its end. He carried-out the sealed decree of Allah to its finish, and every nation gave glad tidings (about him) to the one after it. He is delivered by every father to father, from back to back, No indecency (adultery) was mixed into his genealogy, nor did any [immoral] intercourse make his birth impure, from the son of Ādam to his father `Abdu’llah.

He was of the best group, noblest of clans, and most impervious of tribes. (He is) from the most preserved womb[15], and raised (/guarded) in the most tranquil of laps[16]. Allah had chosen him, and He was pleased with him, and He selected him, and He gave him from the knowledge of His keys and from the wisdom of His springs. He sent him as a mercy to the his servants, and a spring to the lands/cities, and Allah has brought down (revealed) to him His book, in it is the clarification and elucidation (al-Tibyān) [17] "("-[It is] an Arabic Qur'an, without any deviance, so that they may become Pious-"[18], He (Allāh) elucidated it to the people;

He (Allāh) Clarified it [19] with the knowledge that He particularized, and a religion that He clarified, and Requisites that He made obligatory, and boundaries that He determined for the people and clarified it (for them), and matters that He revealed to his creations and declared, in it are indications to salvation and knowledge that calls to His guidance. So the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله) preached that which he was sent with, and demanded [obedience] to what he ordered, and delivered what he carried from the burdens of prophethood. He was patient for his Lord and he fought for His path, and he advised his nation and called them to salvation, and exhorted them in the Reminder, and guided them to the path of guidance - with methods and conveners that established a foundation for the worshipers/servants, and with sources of light that he raised as beacons for them[20] so that the worshipers may not be led astray after him. And he was compassionate and merciful to them."

[21]Grading:al-Muḥsinī: This Ḥadīth is Mu`tabar (Authentic).[22]al-Majlisī: This Ḥadīth is Ṣaḥīḥ (Authentic).[23]

http://behindtheorigins.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/imam-jafar-al-sadiqs-as-sermon-about.html
Original post by Mary562
Ibn Fulaan can post the next question.

jazakillah khayr

why is it that in the hadeeth collection of Imam Ahmad he did not write salAllahu alayhi wa salam anywhere after the Prophets name?
Kitab Al Kafi - Obidience and pietyH 1610, CH 32, h 2

A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from ibnFadal from ‘Asim ibn Humayd from abu Hamza al-Thumali from abu Ja’far,recipient of divine supreme covenant, who has said the following:

“The Messenger of Allah addressed the people during his farewell (last) visit to Makka, ‘O people, I swear by Allah, everything that can take you closer to paradise and farther away from hell I have commanded you all to follow. Everything that may take you closer to hell and farther away from paradise I have prohibited you to do. You must know that the trusted spirit has inspired me that no soul dies before his supply of sustenance is completely exhausted. Be pious before Allah and do your best in search of means of sustenance. Do not allow laziness to overcome you in your search to make a living, or lead you to make a living through improper means; nothing is achievable from what is with Allah except through obedience to Him.’”

الحديث الثاني : موثق كالصحيح.Reliable like saheeh - alama majlisi

Al Quran: "O you who have believed, obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority among you."
Original post by Ruh
The way you've behaved on TSR there are two possibilities:
- You could be a munafiq, staying here to annoy us.
- You could just be a really annoying person who undermines the Muslim community because it's 'funny' when no one else finds it funny (even the non-Muslims).

Either way, your situation isn't looking good.

+1
Original post by IdeasForLife
+1

Is that what you really think of me :sigh:

That guy isnt even me but we have had this discussion already :hand:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Is that what you really think of me :sigh:

That guy isnt even me but we have had this discussion already :hand:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I never said it was you this time.

Ruh's statement applies to the user, regardless of who it is. And reply back to my pm if you got time.
I never said it was you this time.

Ruh's statement applies to the user, regardless of who it is. And reply back to my pm if you got time.

But youve always said that guy was me so i thought you were saying that i am a munafiq and stuff

About the pm bro... Are you trying to get my ip address? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
But youve always said that guy was me so i thought you were saying that i am a munafiq and stuff

About the pm bro... Are you trying to get my ip address? :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't need your IP address, haven't you seen my sig? :curious:
I don't need your IP address, haven't you seen my sig? :curious:

Nah, i cant see sigs on mobile

Anyway, i shall reply to the pm. I hope you dont plan on doing anything to me bro.. That wouldnt be cool :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah, i cant see sigs on mobile

Anyway, i shall reply to the pm. I hope you dont plan on doing anything to me bro.. That wouldnt be cool :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bro. You said you live in a hood area. I don't want your ip address. I'd end up coming down and getting shanked. I don't want that :tongue:
It's always nice to see a hijabi with a sense of humour, I guess I usually stereotype them automatically as being closed off.

Original post by Wahid-r
It's always nice to see a hijabi with a sense of humour, I guess I usually stereotype them automatically as being closed off.

We, like other people, can be funny...
Haven't you see the pic of a woman wearing niqab captioned '"You can't see me" - John Cena'? :lol:
Original post by Biryani007
We, like other people, can be funny...
Haven't you see the pic of a woman wearing niqab captioned '"You can't see me" - John Cena'? :lol:

Yeah, of course you can, my sisters are. It's just a weird thing my mind does when I see a hijabi, automatically assumes it's a no go zone.

There was a hijabi trying to get votes to be the STEM representative at uni. She was from America and had this very peppy American delivery. I had a smile on my face throughout the whole thing. It just was a very surprising contrast, personality v dress. I wasn't going to vote, but after that I went and voted just for her.
Morsi got sentenced to death today. May Allah grant him Jannah if it is carried out.
Morsi got sentenced to death today. May Allah grant him Jannah if it is carried out.

What is Morsi?

Oh it's a person - Ameen
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
jazakillah khayr

why is it that in the hadeeth collection of Imam Ahmad he did not write salAllahu alayhi wa salam anywhere after the Prophets name?

Bump...
Original post by Wahid-r
and voted just for her.

She won?
Original post by Mary562
What is Morsi?

Mohammed Morsi is the legitimate president of Egypt. Him and his government were overthrown a few years ago by a military coup. He is a good Muslim, throughout his time in power, outside forces made it very hard for him to rule. The Saudi tyrants supported his overthrow, funds were also given to spread havoc in Egypt from the US, the military made it difficult to rule etc... There was a good al jazeera article on this but I don't have it anymore.

They killed over 1000 Muslims who protested against the military. Rabaa massacre - http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/inpictures/2014/08/egypt-rabaa-cairo-massacre-201481213185826678.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-32763215?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

Egypt is fighting against Islam very hard.

Latest

Trending

Trending