The Student Room Group

Boston bomber to be executed

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StrangeBanana
I have asked you why states should be consistent multiple times and each time you have refused to answer.

Consistent punishments I think would make things fairer
To be honest I like the way the EU works so that every country in Europe that is part of it have similar policing laws - we all do not have the death penalty for example.
If that bomber had bombed the Dublin marathon then he wouldn't be sentenced to death it would have been life in prison
Original post by hollyobxox
If that bomber had bombed the Dublin marathon then he wouldn't be sentenced to death it would have been life in prison

Had it been Norway he would have got 21 years. :h:
Original post by capitalismstinks
Well, Singapore has some of the lowest crime rates in the world. One of the best education systems in the world. Is one of the richest countries in the world per capita.

I assume you are thinking of different Country when you make such a comment.

Basically hunty. Singapore's death sentence may be a deterrent for drug crime but most murders are often committed in the heat of the moment, and mass murderers especially tend to be suicidal; some even killing themselves after the matter, before they can be detained.
So by killing Tsarnaev
1. You give him an easy way out and he does not have to face his actions
2. He becomes a martyr. As if allowing him to cover Rolling Stones wasn't bad enough.
Can't wait to hear this forums wild opinions... /s
Original post by capitalismstinks
Ok, so you don't support capital punishment, so how long do you think murderers should serve in jail?

I think murders should serve at least 25 years (which is the life sentence) and should undergo a lot of mental health treatment because when people murder there can be a mental health issue. one of the main reasons for punishment is reformation and reabiliation it is not just about retribution
Consistent punishments I think would make things fairer
To be honest I like the way the EU works so that every country in Europe that is part of it have similar policing laws - we all do not have the death penalty for example.

"Other countries don't use the death penalty" is not an argument against the death penalty in America.
Reply 186

We kill Muslim terrorists daily in foreign countries, just because he's getting trialed by court makes him no different - kill him and be done with it.
"Other countries don't use the death penalty" is not an argument against the death penalty in America.

well we are probably just going to have to agree to disagree
I think murders should serve at least 25 years (which is the life sentence)

Out at 46 all ready to enjoy the rest of his life. :h:
well we are probably just going to have to agree to disagree

No need, we already agree that the death penalty is wrong.

I was just pointing out that your arguments against it are rubbish.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sabertooth
Great, I studied the death penalty. :smile:
Not all papers found it was a deterrence but a good number have so simply saying "it is not a deterrent" as if that fact was not up for debate is simply wrong.

if it was such a deterrent then why hasn't the murder rate fallen dramatically
Reply 191

No, the captured videos of the Boston bombers showed that the offenders actually had different bags and clothing compared to the accused. This is a great injustice in a "democratic system" and frankly I am not surprised, just disgusted.
notice I said at least that is minimum ideally it should be more I was just giving a minimum

I was just pointing out that your arguments against it are rubbish.

oh thanks...
Original post by Sabertooth
Out at 46 all ready to enjoy the rest of his life. :h:

Firstly he said "at least", secondly, the legal system should be about justice and rehabilitation, not revenge and punishment. Capital punishment is beyond moronic.

Original post by ChickenMadness
Are there any alternatives that aren't evil?

Being put inside a cage until you die is pretty evil too.

It's not just about this case. If you accept capital punishment, you must also accept that sometimes mistakes will be made and innocent people will be killed for crimes they did not commit.
Original post by ThatPerson
Firstly he said "at least", secondly, the legal system should be about justice and rehabilitation, not revenge and punishment. Capital punishment is beyond moronic.

It's not just about this case. If you accept capital punishment, you must also accept that sometimes mistakes will be made and innocent people will be killed for crimes they did not commit.

Well innocent people can also spend their entire life in a cage.
Despite the fact that he showed no remorse I think death penalty is harsh. It's not as if thousands died
Original post by ChickenMadness
Well innocent people can also spend their entire life in a cage.

Who can then be released, and compensated. It is not perfect by any means, but they'd still be alive.
Original post by bittr n swt
Despite the fact that he showed no remorse I think death penalty is harsh. It's not as if thousands died

ye he only blew the legs off of a couple hundred people. No big deal :tongue:
I want no appeals, he should just be shot now.

Honestly i'm against the death penalty except when its a clear case. In which case I would just want taxpayers to save money, cut his chances for appeals. One appeal and then off him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending