The Student Room Group

Stats 2 help please

Help on on the highlighted plesse
Original post by Zenarthra
x

For your first question, what are the parameters of your binomial distribution? Can you change what you're looking for in any way so that you can read the tables?

For your second question, what is the probability of her 'winning'? What is the probability of her 'losing'? Given that and the money she puts in, can you work out the expected amount of money she'll get back?
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
For your first question, what are the parameters of your binomial distribution? Can you change what you're looking for in any way so that you can read the tables?

For your second question, what is the probability of her 'winning'? What is the probability of her 'losing'? Given that and the money she puts in, can you work out the expected amount of money she'll get back?

I dont understand why its 4/9 for expected win?
I dont understand why its 4/9 for expected win?

She wins if the two colours she chooses are the same - and you're given the table for the red colour. You might think you need to calculate the probability of them both being blue, but you don't - the table has that already.
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
She wins if the two colours she chooses are the same - and you're given the table for the red colour. You might think you need to calculate the probability of them both being blue, but you don't - the table has that already.

Where is the table for probability of selecting blue balls?
Where is the table for probability of selecting blue balls?

If you draw 0 red balls, how many blue balls have you drawn?
Reply 6
2?
(edited 8 years ago)
0?

Sorry, I was a bit unclear.

You draw 2 balls. 0 of them are red. How many are blue?

Edit: Yes, it's 2. So can you see how the probability of winning is 4/9?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
2?

Imagine I have a bag filled with red balls and blue balls. You take 2 balls out and neither one is red. So what colour must they both be?

Quick Reply

Latest