The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
I think Audrey Hepburn would be a bit too high up for me and too refined at that.

And I am not a fool to show any girl that list, unless you thought I was thinking about your good self gabzy. But then I guess I'm too creepy for you.

I'm happily taken sorry :wink: just don't worry and don't think that you're not good enough for this type of girl but whenever you meet someone give her a chance and don't go straight to this list. You might be surprised. :wink: if not then I hope that one day you meet this special girl. It's really nice to actually see a guy who is going after a classy loving girl and not just big boobs and butt and not looking for cheap fun :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StrawbAri
I love how you find animated women more attractive than real life women :laugh:

They look better, I guess. What I was thinking of laddie, is a woman who would look like Snow, of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gabzy
I'm happily taken sorry :wink: just don't worry and don't think that you're not good enough for this type of girl but whenever you meet someone give her a chance and don't go straight to this list. You might be surprised. :wink: if not then I hope that one day you meet this special girl. It's really nice to actually see a guy who is going after a classy loving girl and not just big boobs and butt and not looking for cheap fun :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Flattered, m'lady.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They look better, I guess. What I was thinking of laddie, is a woman who would look like Snow, of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

*lassie :P and alright I am sure there's at least one woman who looks like her.
I wish you luck in your search
I dont even see how this is being picky, the list isnt really specific or creepy like people are making out, it's just quite a generic list of good or even expected traits in a partner (honesty, kindness, happiness, loyalty etc) the only thing remotely specific is in the area to do with looks, and you are probably limiting yourself a bit there because I think people's appearance and your attraction to them changes over time as you get to know them anyway.

If people think your list is picky or weird though I dont know what they'd think of mine, because mine is far longer and far more specific than yours.
Like Hayley Williams, then?
Original post by StrawbAri
*lassie :P and alright I am sure there's at least one woman who looks like her.
I wish you luck in your search

Thank You. I'll be looking forward to that then.

Original post by icdjabtjk
I dont even see how this is being picky, the list isnt really specific or creepy like people are making out, it's just quite a generic list of good or even expected traits in a partner (honesty, kindness, happiness, loyalty etc) the only thing remotely specific is in the area to do with looks, and you are probably limiting yourself a bit there because I think people's appearance and your attraction to them changes over time as you get to know them anyway.

If people think your list is picky or weird though I dont know what they'd think of mine, because mine is far longer and far more specific than yours.

Finally someone who understands what I've been saying in the last 3 posts.

Original post by newttella
Like Hayley Williams, then?

Not quite my type. Especially by the taste of music.
I don't think it's fair that you are judging someone on their looks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BobbiBlue
I don't think it's fair that you are judging someone on their looks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean my original comment in the list. In that case, I do beg you to read my following comments - I do NOT discriminate one girl from another on the basis of their looks. I'm sure that you find boys with X hair colour nicer looking than one with a Y hair colour. But I'm sure you'd still go for the guy with the Y hair colour if he had a nice personality. That's what I was trying to so badly convey in my original post. Do you get my point?

P.S. Trust me, I'm not the judgemental type. As they say, there's more to you than meets the eye and don't judge a book by its cover.

Unless you were referring to my comment about Hayley Williams and Audrey Hepburn. In this case, I can only compare their looks, as I haven't met them in person, so I have no idea what personality they would have?
(edited 8 years ago)
Is it me, or do the women posting on this thread have something against me?
Is it me, or do the women posting on this thread have something against me?

No, as a girl it's nice to see a guy who wants a nice, caring girl and someone that's loveable. There a definitely girls like this, despite guys often saying there are no girls like this left. Whilst I don't particularly match the physical descriptions, the personality bit sounds a lot like me though. We all have ideals of what our partner should be like, it's only natural.
Original post by pink pineapple
No, as a girl it's nice to see a guy who wants a nice, caring girl and someone that's loveable. There a definitely girls like this, despite guys often saying there are no girls like this left. Whilst I don't particularly match the physical descriptions, the personality bit sounds a lot like me though. We all have ideals of what our partner should be like, it's only natural.

That's all good and well, but the burning question is...

Are you single?

I'm just messing with you! But I'm flattered, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone. I posted this post in another thread and now that i'm thinking about it, am I chasing wind? I really want to find the right girl, but am I being too picky and unrealistic?

It's less about you being too unrealistic just being more forceful about the situation than you actually need to be. If you go out with a notebook and magnifying glass trying to look for this "ideal" girl you are never going to find her - love will find it's way to you without you searching for it. Make sure to keep a open mind as well when you meet different women, it could possibly be that the woman of your dreams has is petite with short hair and a nose piercing. How will you know unless you give her a chance?

Don't spend too much of your time stressing over how you will find love and instead just focus on enjoying your life and having fun. Everything will work out eventually in good time.
Original post by hippydude126
It's less about you being too unrealistic just being more forceful about the situation than you actually need to be. If you go out with a notebook and magnifying glass trying to look for this "ideal" girl you are never going to find her - love will find it's way to you without you searching for it. Make sure to keep a open mind as well when you meet different women, it could possibly be that the woman of your dreams has is petite with short hair and a nose piercing. How will you know unless you give her a chance?

Don't spend too much of your time stressing over how you will find love and instead just focus on enjoying your life and having fun. Everything will work out eventually in good time.

I guess so...

But still, not too many ear piercings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
i remember when I was 16
Original post by Lisagurlxx
i remember when I was 16

I'm nearly 18 though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello everyone. I posted this post in another thread and now that i'm thinking about it, am I chasing wind? I really want to find the right girl, but am I being too picky and unrealistic?

My original post;
Ok, this will probably be long and thorough, so girls, don't you all jump at once.

I'll start with looks first:
1. Hair - any colour really, but I've always had a thing for red or black hair. And I'd prefer it at least shoulder-length
2. Any eye colour, but green or grey again are my thing
3. A small straight nose
4. An oval, slender-shaped face (but not too slender, or it looks a bit like a skull)
5. Hopefully smiles for most of the time.
6. Quite close to my height - about 170 cm
7. I don't mind the body type (but I'm not a fan of fat or scarecrow women). Slender with a slight hint of voluptuous ness is perfect!
8. Not too much make-up
9. Elegantly dressed.

A game that I've recently played features a main character that fits the description - Snow from TWAU
1431708705814.jpg
And Elizabeth from BI:BaS
1431708865695.jpg
I know I'm so sad that I use fictional characters as an example but frankly, no girl that I've met fits the description.

Now for the characteristics and personality...
1. I guess kind and compassionate is the most important. Helping each other in need is of course paramaunt.
2. Mostly honest....but definetly loyal. I couldn't stand cheating.
3. Someone I can have an interesting conversation with, about anything really.
4. Optimistic. But serious when she has to be.
5. She shouldn't be afraid to give me a scolding from time to time.
6. Slightly sophisticated in dress and interests, but not in a snobby way, exaggerated way.
7. Mostly chaste, but maybe a bit lustful and passionate in the bedroom now and then:sexface:
8. Someone who would genuinely love me and wouldn't be afraid to hug or kiss in public.
9. Someone who has a good head for financial matters
10. And of course, someone who loves her children very much!

Now I know this seems like a very unrealistic overview, but I'm looking for someone who ticks MOST of the boxes. Basically those afore mentioned traits (of personality) match my own, so I'm looking for someone similar. This is why im so excited to go to uni in a year.

Maybe some of the TSRians on this thread could give me some suggestions :smile:!

While I appreciate that different people have different tastes, this isn't build a bear. You can't be so specific (just the eye colours alone are the two rarest eye colours in the world. You've just cut out about 90% of the female population just with eyes).

If I'm going to be brutally honest, I think your approach to dating is a little immature and that's probably why you haven't found someone that matches your expectations. A lot of people want a really attractive girlfriend but the harsh reality is that it's very hard for someone less than a 10 to try to go out with a 10. If you expect a 10, you need to be a 10. The reason it's immature is because you're very specific about looks, which means that you put a lot of focus on looks and that's a pretty shallow reason to be with someone. Also, trying to find a girl like this won't get you one. You're not Dora the Explorer on a quest to find the perfect, majestic woman.

Your 'characteristics' list is more feasible, as a lot of girls I know have most of those qualities.

Here's a little tip: no woman will ever be 100% what you're looking for aesthetically. Over time, if you truly fall in love with them, their physical imperfections change and your opinions change so that you do see them as physically perfect. But it's very rare to find someone who is exactly like what you want, which is shown by the fact that even your example photos are cartoons and not real women.
You're going to uni soon and it's an exciting time to try new things and meet new people. Don't let a list of facial features prevent you from having great relationships.
Original post by waitingforuni
While I appreciate that different people have different tastes, this isn't build a bear. You can't be so specific (just the eye colours alone are the two rarest eye colours in the world. You've just cut out about 90% of the female population just with eyes).

If I'm going to be brutally honest, I think your approach to dating is a little immature and that's probably why you haven't found someone that matches your expectations. A lot of people want a really attractive girlfriend but the harsh reality is that it's very hard for someone less than a 10 to try to go out with a 10. If you expect a 10, you need to be a 10. The reason it's immature is because you're very specific about looks, which means that you put a lot of focus on looks and that's a pretty shallow reason to be with someone. Also, trying to find a girl like this won't get you one. You're not Dora the Explorer on a quest to find the perfect, majestic woman.

Your 'characteristics' list is more feasible, as a lot of girls I know have most of those qualities.

Here's a little tip: no woman will ever be 100% what you're looking for aesthetically. Over time, if you truly fall in love with them, their physical imperfections change and your opinions change so that you do see them as physically perfect. But it's very rare to find someone who is exactly like what you want, which is shown by the fact that even your example photos are cartoons and not real women.
You're going to uni soon and it's an exciting time to try new things and meet new people. Don't let a list of facial features prevent you from having great relationships.

Sigh, look I'll be honest with you. Writing a list like that was a stupid thing to do and I just want to close this thread.

Trust me, it might not seem like it from what I wrote, but I don't judge aesthetically. I know I listed thosr things, and true enough, those are SOME of the features that I like in women. Yes my tastes change from time to time, but its the personality that defines the person at the end of the day. And I meant every word I said in the second listing.

I personally feel like atm, I'm too preoccupied with different matters, but I'm sure later on in life I'll stumble upon someone interesting. And emphasis on interesting - the actual person.

So I'm sorry I worded my last post so poorly, but don't misunderstand me - I don't judge aesthetically only. I really don't

Posted from TSR Mobile
unrealistic
Reply 39
I know a girl very much like this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending