The Student Room Group

Riddle

Scroll to see replies

Love the Einstein riddle
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by samboosa0
the german? took me sometime to figure it out don't know if its right though :/

Correct, how did you go about figuring it out? I drew myself a grid and gradually filled it in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Faith.A
They're in two different deserts? or seperate parts of the desert?

Your second answer is correct :smile:. (The riddle said 'the desert', so there is only one.) Most people incorrectly assume that the men were together when they got lost. In fact, they had nothing to do with each other until they chanced to meet.
Reply 83
Original post by Cannoning
Correct, how did you go about figuring it out? I drew myself a grid and gradually filled it in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same with me.

I started with what are the possible nationalities, colours, beverages,cigars and pets. Then drew a grid and using the information given filled in the grid coming to a conclusion that the German owned the pet fish.
Reply 84
Here's another one:

What can you hear but can't see, that only talks when you talk to it?
Reply 85
Should be a straight forward one but hopefully not Google easy:

My use has altered over time, my purpose is unchanged. Both war and peace have followed when I have been exchanged.
Original post by A5ko
Should be a straight forward one but hopefully not Google easy:

My use has altered over time, my purpose is unchanged. Both war and peace have followed when I have been exchanged.

Words?
Reply 87
Original post by GetOverHere
Words?

I knew I shouldn't of used 'exchanged'.
Original post by cupcakes87
I have two :mmm:

Spoiler

:biggrin:

1. It is the grand father, father and son.
The father and son are 2 sons and the grandfather and father are two fathers!
Here's another one:

Is it an echo?
Here's another one:

Echo
3 men were out walking and then it starts raining. All 3 men run home and arrive there 5 mins later. 2 of the men had wet hair the third one didn't - he didn't have an umbrella or a hat on. How is this possible?
Here's another one:

Echo?
There is a super rich family. Who has a mail man, a maid , a butler and a gardener. The wife is murdered on Sunday. Who killed the wife?
Original post by sportyannie
3 men were out walking and then it starts raining. All 3 men run home and arrive there 5 mins later. 2 of the men had wet hair the third one didn't - he didn't have an umbrella or a hat on. How is this possible?

3rd was bald ?

He is bald?
Original post by Marshall Taylor
There is a super rich family. Who has a mail man, a maid , a butler and a gardener. The wife is murdered on Sunday. Who killed the wife?

The husband since all the rest had a holiday lol ?

he's bald?
Original post by Marshall Taylor
He is bald?

yep! THat was quick!
Original post by Strangerdanger
The husband since all the rest had a holiday lol ?

Nope lol, no where near!

Quick Reply

Latest