The Student Room Group

How many job rejections have you had?

How many job application rejections have you had?
Me, about 103 and counting.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Applications or only interview rejections? I've probably had about 40/50 in terms of applications, must have gave my CV out to every shop on the high street when I was doing my AS Levels.
I'm hopeless when it comes to finding jobs.
during my entire life and throughout the entire country ?

maybe about 70
Quite a lot and counting, some psychopath has surely got to go "he'll do"
Reply 5
None... and I have a job for the future. I'm pretty lucky.
Original post by Howbeit
None... and I have a job for the future. I'm pretty lucky.

I'm very unlucky then.:frown:
It feels to me like they hate me or something.
Original post by xpointx
It feels to me like they hate me or something.

no

simply learn from what went wrong, and learn from the mistake

whether it be better social skills,
words you use,
phrases you use,
your voice tone,
your written CV, or whatever needs improving
I don't really get rejected from job applications..

I've done about 5 applications in total and received 3 job offers - all part time phone sales/retail alongside school.

My CV is solid and I put tons of effort/research into the interviews I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
From 3 job application cycles (ages 14, 17, 18) I've maybe had around 10 official rejections pre-interview? My main issue is that I suck at those online tests- maybe because I didn't realise you should answer how you think is correct, not what you would honestly do!
Reply 11
over the course of this year and a half... nearly 200 :/ 8 job interviews and 2 job offers... :/
Reply 12
over the course of this year and a half... nearly 200 :/ 8 job interviews and 2 job offers... :/
I'd not worry if your being rejected for a job before interview, in my experience it's rare for more than 10% of applications to yield an interview. If your failing multiple interviews though, then you need to be concerned.
Countless rejections from initial applications, and about eight after the first interview stage. I always ask for feedback after the interviews so I got some good advice from all of them.
So far, 18 application rejections, got two interviews, didn't get either jobs. So in total about 20 so far...
Still no job interviews and no job offers, and summer is closing in on us. Hope I get a summer job soon.
How many days does it take until you get a response for your application?
Hey All,

How about getting some work experience on your CV to help with those job interviews? We are looking for some people to do some part time work at your own universities.

We have just launched a game app called 1pGigTickets where players WIN tickets to music gigs and festivals for just 1p. The game is FREE to download and play and you can WIN gig tickets by playing a game. It's a very easy sell to students. Check the game out on the App Store (search 1pgigtickets)

We are looking for people to join our 1pGigTickets Street Team to help promote to students at universities around the country. You set your own hours (you are effectively self employed) and the more you put in the more you get out of it. We do have limited places at each university so be quick to sign up. You get paid for every download and registration of the game that you get.

You need to be bubbly, outgoing and able to start a conversation with almost anybody. It's all great social experience and it will help to have some real life work experience on your CV. Send me a message if you are interested in hearing more.

Cheers

Neil
You got banned?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending