The Student Room Group

Physics P1 Edexcel GCSE 20th May 2015

Hi Guys, so my physics p1 exam is on Wednesday..any ideas about potential 6 markers?

Scroll to see replies

My teacher said that Life Cycles of Stars hasn't come up as a six marker or even a four marker for at least 4 years so I'm believing that may be one of them

Good luck on your exam! ☺️
Reply 2
Original post by maddie.gardiner
My teacher said that Life Cycles of Stars hasn't come up as a six marker or even a four marker for at least 4 years so I'm believing that may be one of them

Ahh okay thank you i'll look into that are you sitting the exam too?
first setup never nervous ,second setup cool and relax ,third setup be a confident ,fourth setup before the test 2 hours you can drink the juice and then go for test .

Best of luck :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by HarryJames1
first setup never nervous ,second setup cool and relax ,third setup be a confident ,fourth setup before the test 2 hours you can drink the juice and then go for test .

Best of luck :smile:

Thank you XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was a three marker in last years, and a 4 marker the year before that so i don't think it will come up, but best revise it to be sure.
Original post by mali473
Ahh okay thank you i'll look into that are you sitting the exam too?

Yep 😞 Luckily Physics is my best science, however I hate doing it 😜 How did you find the B1 and C1 exams last week? :smile:
Original post by mayamiami
It was a three marker in last years, and a 4 marker the year before that so i don't think it will come up, but best revise it to be sure.

WHAAAT no 😞 I understand stars, damn

Do you have any ideas on what might be up?
Reply 8
WHAAAT no 😞 I understand stars, damn

Do you have any ideas on what might be up?

EM waves always come up...transformers may come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mali473
EM waves always come up...transformers may come up

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope not, I hate transformers ugh but EM waves are a blessing
Reply 10
I hope not, I hate transformers ugh but EM waves are a blessing

Haha yeah as long as you know your stuff youll be fine

The c1 and B1 exams were not too bad nearly all the questions were from past papers. I just hooe the p1 exam will be a breeze :yes:
Original post by mali473
Haha yeah as long as you know your stuff youll be fine

The c1 and B1 exams were not too bad nearly all the questions were from past papers. I just hooe the p1 exam will be a breeze :yes:

Yeah, I found them pretty easy too ☺️ Good luck for when you get your results! :smile:
Reply 12
Yeah, I found them pretty easy too ☺️ Good luck for when you get your results! :smile:

Argghhh I cannot wait...feeling nervous already...Thank you! Good luck for yours too! Hope you achieve the grades you want and more :smile:
Reply 13

Me too. I hate physics😠! Do any of you guys have any last minute revision tips?
Thanks.
Original post by mali473
Argghhh I cannot wait...feeling nervous already...Thank you! Good luck for yours too! Hope you achieve the grades you want and more :smile:

Thank you! You too :smile: and don't be nervous, I'm sure you'll do great!
Original post by Sayfi
Me too. I hate physics😠! Do any of you guys have any last minute revision tips?
Thanks.

I would just say practice the past papers over and over, especially the equation questions (like working out the speed and stuff) if you suck at them like me.

Good luck!
Reply 16
Im in yr 9 i did B1 and C1 personally i thought it was easy. I hate revising for physics!! I was wondering if anyone Can someone explain the life cycle of star in bullet formation. It would really help ☺☺
Reply 17
Original post by West.A
Im in yr 9 i did B1 and C1 personally i thought it was easy. I hate revising for physics!! I was wondering if anyone Can someone explain the life cycle of star in bullet formation. It would really help ☺☺

Small stars like out sun:

1. Nebula - cloud of dust and gas
2. Main sequence star - hydrogen nuclei undergoes fusion and emits large amount of energy.
3. Red Giant - hydrogen at core runs out and swells into red giant
4. Small Star - unstable and ejects outer layer of dust and gas as a planetary nebula
5. Planetary Nebula
6. White dwarf - hot dense solid core of planetary nebula. cools down

Larger stars:

1. Nebula
2. Main sequence star
3. Super red giant
4. Supernova - more fusion forming heavier elements that'll eventually explode
5. Neutron Star or Black Hole - exploding supernova leaves very dense core called neutron star. If star is big enough it will become a black hole

Hope this helps
(edited 8 years ago)
when is your paper? what time? and in which country you doing it in?
Reply 19
What do u think is going to come up ??

Quick Reply

Latest